Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

I could be wrong but I thought last season AP asked to be released from the Saints or the Cardinals because they would not name him the starter?  Like an above poster mentioned it is too close to week 1 to swap the penciled in starter for a guy off the street even if it is AP.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not when your healthy backs are Kelley, Perine and Bibbs.  

And Perine isn't even healthy! You literally have Kelly and Bibbs..................... and the waterboy.

Wait a second.............the waterboy...................

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Adrian Peterson last year in Arizona looked good. Still has a vicious stop

and go. He doesn’t have to be fast, just need him to have vision.

It's something you can't teach, and I don't think Perine of Kelly have it.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

He doesn't have to be fast, but I bet he's still faster at 33 than either Kelly or Perine.

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

He doesn't have to be fast, but I bet he's still faster at 33 than either Kelly or Perine.

He might be. Even if he isn’t. Just someone that can pinpoint a hole, stop on a dime and zip past the defender for 4 yards a pop.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Gruden says the RB visits are more if the team suffers more injuries at the position. Kinda said Rob Kelley is the starter and team is looking for possible depth

They really love our running backs don’t they.

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

I agree, he doesn't need to be a threat to take it to the house.  Just a tough runner between the tackles.  And he probably complements CT better than any of the other options.

That being said, he is a 33 years old rb who has a lot of carries under his belt. Emmitt Smith and Payton were fading by 33.  Riggins had his best season when he was 34.   

I am confident guice can still have a productive career, so am going into this hoping Peterson can be a solid complementary piece good for five to ten carries a game, and pass on his knowledge and work ethic to guice and Perine.  Could be worse.  

One downside is I know AP was a pain in the ass in New Orleans regarding his role.  If he is not ok with being part of a committee, see ya later don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

He might be. Even if he isn’t. Just someone that can pinpoint a hole, stop on a dime and zip past the defender for 4 yards a pop.

This film is better than anyone on our team can put up, outside of Thompson. He's simply better. I really hope we sign him and he needs to be the starter.

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I agree, he doesn't need to be a threat to take it to the house.  Just a tough runner between the tackles.  And he probably complements CT better than any of the other options.

That being said, he is a 33 years old rb who has a lot of carries under his belt. Emmitt Smith and Payton were fading by 33.  Riggins had his best season when he was 34.   

I am confident guice can still have a productive career, so am going into this hoping Peterson can be a solid complementary piece good for five to ten carries a game, and pass on his knowledge and work ethic to guice and Perine.  Could be worse.  

One downside is I know AP was a pain in the ass in New Orleans regarding his role.  If he is not ok with being part of a committee, see ya later don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

He doesn't have Mark Ingram to fight for carries with here. He has R Kelly and Perine. Huge difference.

It's like the FO is reading ES. We plead for an investment in DL and they finally followed through. Now we ask to bring in AP and/or Jamaal Charles for a look and they're checking out both. Charles looked good in limited touches, 4.3 avg behind a bad Broncos OL, so he would have my vote.

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

This film is better than anyone on our team can put up, outside of Thompson. He's simply better. I really hope we sign him and he needs to be the starter.

He doesn't have Mark Ingram to fight for carries with here. He has R Kelly and Perine. Huge difference.

True, and kamara as well.  While I wouldn't expect much out of AP, he could very well be the best in between the tackles rb on our team by lunch tomorrow.

Just now, KillBill26 said:

True, and kamara as well.  While I wouldn't expect much out of AP, he could very well be the best in between the tackles rb on our team by lunch tomorrow.

And that is all I'm really looking for. Looks like he can still bounce outside too. I don't care if he can take it to the house anymore, because no one has great speed at RB here, even CT is going to get run down a lot. What he has is vision, quickness and a nasty streak. Perine should learn to run like AP.

The truth is, if we have AP on the roster we can absolutely compete for the division right now.

Alex Smith, a top 5-O-line, pass-catchers with a myriad of skill-sets, and a good defense mixed with young talent and veteran leadership.

AP needs to play his cards right. He should be fine with a depth position if signed. He'll become the starter once he starts outperforming everyone else.

I like Jay a lot, but I think he has a weird blind spot for Kelley. If I had to guess why he's a big Kelley guy piecing things together that different beat guys have said is that he likes that he doesn't lose yardage much, he's good at pass protection and doesn't fumble -- while he worries about all of the above from the others.

But to me Kelley at best is just a guy. I almost don't blame Darkwa to think, heck I am not fighting for the starter job with that crew?   I agree with Jay on almost everything with the exception of two things which are:  playing your QB in the preseason (maybe there is a correlation between the home opener loses and lack of reps for his QB?) and Robert Kelley. :D

32 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

I mean Perine and Bibbs have looked good so far in preseason. We all thought the Chiefs were screwed when their starting back was Kareem Hunt.

Perine has not looked that good. And he wasn't good in the regular season last year, Hunt put uo over 1300 yards last year. Bibbs did nothing against NY. If either of these guys are starters, we're not in good shape. Outside of Guice and Thompson there is a real lack of talent in the RB room.

Archived