Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I know.  I also know one us is wrong and the risks that come with it.

Um.....................

Honestly if you look at the recovery rate for ACL tears in the NFL, it's become close to 100% Seriously, when was the last time in recent memory that a ACL injury had a lasting effect on a player? it's been years. I'm not going to say it's "minor", but it's almost, except for loosing a year. It's not the boogieman injury it was 20 years ago, when if you had one, you were done. Or at best, a shell of the player you once were.

The Achillies has replaced the ACL as the "oh ****" injury. I do think you're being overly negative about this.

I also think our options at RB are piss poor, and we need to go elsewhere if we want to compete in the NFCEast

As of now, the question is not "Who should be the starting RB in 2018?"

But;

"Would will be the last man standing to play the RB position in 2018?"

Also, I would sincerely advise Jay Gruden to remove 30+ yards runs from his playbook. It tends to get our RBs injured.

Just now, Morneblade said:

Um.....................

Honestly if you look at the recovery rate for ACL tears in the NFL, it's become close to 100% Seriously, when was the last time in recent memory that a ACL injury had a lasting effect on a player? it's been years. I'm not going to say it's "minor", but it's almost, except for loosing a year. It's not the boogieman injury it was 20 years ago, when if you had one, you were done. Or at best, a shell of the player you once were.

The Achillies has replaced the ACL as the "oh ****" injury. I do think you're being overly negative about this.

I also think our options at RB are piss poor, and we need to go elsewhere if we want to compete in the NFCEast

Guessing....

Robert Griffin III?

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Seriously, when was the last time in recent memory that a ACL injury had a lasting effect on a player?

Wrong question.  When's last time a player had injuries in back to back seasons on the same knee and went on to meet their potential?  We are asking for it, guys.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I know I'm paranoid and he didn't have back to back ACL tears.  Having back to back years with injuries on the same knee, he's a running back, I don't think this as impossible as we all hope it is.  I absolutely want to be wrong, I don't think I am.

I'd agree if it was back to back surgeries to the same knee.  But it isn't.  

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Wrong question.  When's last time a player had injuries in back to back seasons on the same knee and went on to meet their potential?  We are asking for it, guys.

See below

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can understand where you coming from with this.

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

See below

Too many eggs in this basket we know has damage to it, what's the backup plan? 

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Never said people werent, thought we were having a healthy discussion here. I work in IT, so I belive in this thing called preventative maintainence.  Say I'm wrong on Guice but we have another guy anyway, that puts on level and in some cases better then teams we are competing with.  If I'm right on Guice, we're safe. Win win.

Sorry, the way i read your post.. it sounded very "i have my opinion, and everyone else is wrong."  After re-reading it, I kind of took it wrong...  

I'm with you on preventative maintenance,  I manage an auto parts store, so the idea of doing a little bit now to prevent a bigger issue later is not lost on me.  But I also know that you have to have a level of "i'm not going to worry til it's time to worry" also... and the financial side of the equation has to be considered.  In the next 2 years we have to pay these guys or let them walk

Scherff

Crowder

Smith

Swearinger

Thompson

Doctson

Foster

Ioannidis

This is where I'm looking to kind of put some more stock in not paying someone top tier $$ at the RB position, when we've drafted someone in the 2nd round to fill that spot, and they've given us no reason to believe he can't recover from the injury he's had.  We may be having a different conversation in June, but right now... I'm not ready to say we need to make a big move, give up assets, and commit money on a 'what if.'   

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can understand where you coming from with this.

Too many eggs in this basket we know has damage to it, what's the backup plan? 

Not a big trade, IMO. If anything see if we can get someone (dammit, we should have gotten Morris before the 49ers did) as a one year rental and make due. I share a different view on the team than a lot of people do, so that might be why I feel differently. A bunch here, including the coach and players are in a "win now" mode. I'm not, because, to be blunt, I don't think we're there yet. We are not a RB away from a SB run. Not even close IMO. I don't think we are a RB away from the division. I think we are at least 3-4 players away, so I'm not looking to make a big, kneejerk move. I think we need a LG, a REAL #1 WR, another good CB and maybe a FS, and overall improved run blocking.

8 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Sorry, the way i read your post.. it sounded very "i have my opinion, and everyone else is wrong."  After re-reading it, I kind of took it wrong...  

I'm with you on preventative maintenance,  I manage an auto parts store, so the idea of doing a little bit now to prevent a bigger issue later is not lost on me.  But I also know that you have to have a level of "i'm not going to worry til it's time to worry" also... and the financial side of the equation has to be considered.  In the next 2 years we have to pay these guys or let them walk

Scherff

Crowder

Smith

Swearinger

Thompson

Doctson

Foster

Ioannidis

This is where I'm looking to kind of put some more stock in not paying someone top tier $$ at the RB position, when we've drafted someone in the 2nd round to fill that spot, and they've given us no reason to believe he can't recover from the injury he's had.  We may be having a different conversation in June, but right now... I'm not ready to say we need to make a big move, give up assets, and commit money on a 'what if.'   

It's all good, man, even if I disagree with yall I respect yall opinion aginst my feelings on Guice, parts of it are sound and right now, its true we dont know for sure yet.

I'll have to come back later to discuss the cap, but from what I'm seeing we have $14 million right now, and will have $50 million in 2020 with 47 players on the roster:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

I think we're in better cap shape then we realize, given Norman and Trent are both making $14 million plus in 2020 and prime for restructuring given where they will be in their careers and both in final years of their contract.  Stacey McGee will be making close to $6 million in 2020,  that's an auotcut right there.

I don't think it will hurt us to meet in the middle and use another second rounder on a RB.  Our competition  for playoff spots typically has two good ones or one elite one, and even though you brought up CT, I have zero faith in him playing 16 games in a season.  That will be a hard choice given his production when healthy and what he will be asking considering how often he's not.

He's not getting franchised next year, so no pick, and you must think I'm psycho trade for a one year rental on Bell.  Do I need to put a disclaimer that we should not trade for someone in a contract year unless they agree to an extension first?  I feel like I'm being accused of stupidity everytime I see this posted.

We should not sign Bell at all. We have upcoming free agents that are younger and will be better 5 years from now. Enough with your stupid fantasies.

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

We should not sign Bell at all. We have upcoming free agents that are younger and will be better 5 years from now. Enough with your stupid fantasies.

Fantasies are not "stupid". Everyone can dream, even if some dreams don't make sense to others. I would actually love to see what Adrian Peterson would do here given all of our RB injuries. 

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

Don't be a dick, Bell is 26 right now, so by time he's 30, Alex Smith''s contract will be expiring.  That's a 4 year window to get a ring, more then reasonable with the talent we already have.  Brady will be gone at some point in that 4 years and Steelers will be out the picture losing Bell. If you don't like my ideas, make your own damn thread.

@Mournblade I believe we're close then you think.  LG does need to be improved and not sold on corner yet, but I believe in Swearinger, our overall WR core and that an elite running back puts us in contender conversation with our front 7 that's going to shock people this year. This team is underrated, jus the way I like it

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Don't be a dick, Bell is 26 right now, so by time he's 30, Alex Smith''s contract will be expiring.  That's a 4 year window to get a ring, more then reasonable with the talent we already have.  Brady will be gone at some point in that 4 years and Steelers will be out the picture losing Bell. If you don't like my ideas, make your own damn thread.

@Mournblade I believe we're close then you think.  LG does need to be improved and not sold on corner yet, but I believe in Swearinger, our overall WR core and that an elite running back puts us in contender conversation with our front 7 that's going to shock people this year. This team is underrated, jus the way I like it

He will be 28 next season and wants a 4-5 year deal for $17 mil per. That is a worse signing than Albert Haynesworth for us.

Last nights game showed how bad the RB situation is. Perine had a single rush and twisted his ankle. The rushes by Kelley looked below average. Bibbs rushes five times for a six yard gained total. Marshall got two carries for one positive yard gained.

Thats the current 1-2-3-4 on the depth chart and won’t get it done. They need to bring in someone so that the offense isn’t crushed because they can’t run the  ball

Just now, JoggingGod said:

He will be 28 next season and wants a 4-5 year deal for $17 mil per. That is a worse signing than Albert Haynesworth for us.

Wikipedia has him at 26, born in 1992

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le'Veon_Bell

ESPN, also has him at 26, also, so get your facts straight if your gonna come at me incorrect.

Just because he wants 17 doesn't mean he gets it, I've said repeatedly I want to see if his price comes down, and youd know that if you actually read my posts versus jus not wanting to do it.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wikipedia has him at 26, born in 1992

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le'Veon_Bell

ESPN, also has him at 26, also, so get your facts straight if your gonna come at me incorrect.

Just because he wants 17 doesn't mean he gets it, I've said repeatedly I want to see if his price comes down, and youd know that if you actually read my posts versus jus not wanting to do it.

No you’re just not bright. Bell is 100% going to be the highest paid RB in football when he hits FA. I can’t even imagine the backlash this team will get to give up on a 21 year old who was a stud at LSU just to bring in some big name.

No you’re just not bright. Bell is 100% going to be the highest paid RB in football when he hits FA. I can’t even imagine the backlash this team will get to give up on a 21 year old who was a stud at LSU just to bring in some big name.

Now you're calling me stupid because you disagree with me?  Weak, your throwing stats at me whether inaccurate or not and your trash talk game is elementary at best. Put me on ignore if my opinion bothers you that much or quit whinning because I'm stating mine on the teams official message board.

That big name is the best running back in the NFL and would make us an automatic super bowl contender. You may not like it, but you're giving me very little reason to care what you think if you can't have a civil conversation about it, especially if it's more in the ball park of what Trent and Norman are making instead of 17.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Now you're calling me stupid because you disagree with me?  Weak, your throwing stats at me whether inaccurate or not and your trash talk game is elementary at best. Put me on ignore if my opinion bothers you that much or quit whinning because I'm stating mine on the teams official message board.

That big name is the best running back in the NFL and would make us an automatic super bowl contender. You may not like it, but you're giving me very little reason to care what you think if you can't have a civil conversation about it, especially if it's more in the ball park of what Trent and Norman are making instead of 17.

No it wouldn’t. You know nothing about football. Signing Bell would alienate Guice, cause us to lose Preston and Crowder (two very important components to the team), and keep us locked in to a RB until age 31. Bell is not the key to a super bowl. Learn how teams are supposed to be managed.

20 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

No it wouldn’t. You know nothing about football. Signing Bell would alienate Guice, cause us to lose Preston and Crowder (two very important components to the team), and keep us locked in to a RB until age 31. Bell is not the key to a super bowl. Learn how teams are supposed to be managed.

You're too nice. 

I posted a link regarding the cap, and said 4 years $14 million (that's 30, if you're keeping up) is what I'd offer, see who's crazy enough to offer 17 (no way that happens unless he's fine playing for the browns).  You're not a football expert either, so cut the crap. 

If you'd rather have crowder then bell, this conversation is over, we have quinn and can find another slot wr.  We have $14 million in cap space right now, we haven't even seen 2018 to say how much we should pay any one them.

How can you look at the running game of the other NFC powers and say having our own elite running back isn't key to competing with them for the same thing?

56 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Attack the post, not the poster. Keep it up and you're going to get a "Hi there"............and a vacation.

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No offense, Bell does not make us a SB contender. It might make is a division contender, but this is about it, IMO. We still have some pretty big holes to fill.

Just now, Morneblade said:

No offense, Bell does not make us a SB contender. It might make is a division contender, but this is about it, IMO. We still have some pretty big holes to fill.

Ya, we might not agree on this one, but it's all good.  Every team has holes in salary cap era.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, we might not agree on this one, but it's all good.  Every team has holes in salary cap era.

True enough. You are more optimistic than I. I very much need to see more, and I have concerns that our OL does not run block well. Even a excellent RB is going to find it tougher behind out OL, even when healthy, than he might on a bunch of other teams. I love our WR Depth, but I'm not sold on Doctson of Richardson. And there are questionmarks in the secondary, can the kids step up? I really have to see a lot of questions answered, and then there are teams like Minn, Philly, N.O., Atl, and the Rams that I think are flat out better than we are.

You're too nice. 

I posted a link regarding the cap, and said 4 years $14 million (that's 30, if you're keeping up) is what I'd offer, see who's crazy enough to offer 17 (no way that happens unless he's fine playing for the browns).  You're not a football expert either, so cut the crap. 

If you'd rather have crowder then bell, this conversation is over, we have quinn and can find another slot wr.  We have $14 million in cap space right now, we haven't even seen 2018 to say how much we should pay any one them.

How can you look at the running game of the other NFC powers and say having our own elite running back isn't key to competing with them for the same thing?

I would rather have Guice and Crowder than Bell alone. You can have an elite back without paying $17 million+ per year.

I can’t emphasize enough how much of a PR and roster building disaster paying a 27 year old RB almost $20 million is.

I would rather have Guice and Crowder than Bell alone. You can have an elite back without paying $17 million+ per year.

17 is too much, I agree with you, but I don't think 14 is for this guy.  Guice won't be gone if we do this, it will bump guys like Kelly and Perine off the roster, which imo is where we need to be regarding RB depth.  Perine is to our running back depth what Kendrick Golhston was to our d-line depth, if he makes the team, it means we don't have enough talent to push him off.  

Archived