Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

If Kirk goes anywhere, I kinda hope it's Cleveland.

Sure, him winning a bowl there would put us on full tilt for a few decades, but if there is anywhere he will likely fail, it would have to be lowly Cleveland, right?  I suspect their curse is bigger than shiny new personnel guys can overcome - they have no idea what they are getting into.

Kirk losing in Cleveland may take the sting away from watching a noodle arm lofting ducks all over the field for the next few years.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Since this thread was started, several media outlets are now saying the Browns are on Kirks list.  I wonder if they know anything or if they just read ES

Kirk would be stupid to not have the Browns on his list.  They have $100M in cap space.  I think Kirk’s playing chicken with the Skins right now.  If they  let him hit the FA market or Transition tag him a team like the Browns can easily blow the Skins out of the water with a better offer.  He’s trying to force the Skins to the table with the LTD he wants before FA starts.  My 2 cents.  

The Browns now have a front office but they are still saddled in 2018 with a lousy coach; so there's not really much to expect in 2018 from the Browns. You just start drafting the pieces that the next coach will mold into winners.  The Browns will be drafting in the Top 10 at minimum again in 2019.  By the, hopefully their idiot owner will let his new front office fire Jackson and hire a real coach.  Once they do that, then the Browns will take off.

If Kirk goes to the Browns, then it's only about the money. The Browns are a 2-3 years of good solid drafting away from even contending.

Kirk can win now by going to Denver, Buffalo, Jacksonville.  He can make the New York Jets at least playoff contenders.  Arizona needs some retooling but he can win there also.

I love how all the armchair GM's run with the narrative that the Browns are so depleted that they need several years before they can even think about competing, completely dismissing the fact that they trot out some the absolute worst QB play year over year.

IF the Browns find a legit QB through FA, they can win games.  If they hit on their draft picks, they can win some more games.  Are they going to win the Super Bowl next season? No.  But they can instantly start righting the ship with a competent QB and a good draft.  They have the money to buy a QB and the draft picks and personnel dept. capable of having a good draft.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I love how all the armchair GM's run with the narrative that the Browns are so depleted that they need several years before they can even think about competing, completely dismissing the fact that they trot out some the absolute worst QB play year over year.

IF the Browns find a legit QB through FA, they can win games.  If they hit on their draft picks, they can win some more games.  Are they going to win the Super Bowl next season? No.  But they can instantly start righting the ship with a competent QB and a good draft.  They have the money to buy a QB and the draft picks and personnel dept. capable of having a good draft.

Their defense is a lot better than ours.  The running game is a lot better than ours.  Both units are above average.  Both units for us are below average.

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out if you take out our best player on our best unit and you give him to the Browns.  They will likely be a better team than the Redskins.

The Browns ironically are another example of hey we built ourselves an above average defense and running game so why are we still losing?   Well, you don't have a QB.   

10 hours ago, zoony said:

Since this thread was started, several media outlets are now saying the Browns are on Kirks list.  I wonder if they know anything or if they just read ES

Maybe Kirk is reading this thread.  And goes hey McCartney, these dudes are making a case for the Browns what do you think?   Hey who would have known they actually have a good defense and a running game.  How about that for a change? 

Wouldn't Bruce-Dan look like the fools if I in one season make that team a winner and they ride back to their losing ways with Brown reject QB, Colt McCoy. 

At what point does what the Broncos are doing in regards to Kirk Cousins become tampering?

Is it that other players are allowed to say they want him publicly but coaches are not?  or you just can't discuss specific numbers?

Honestly curious what the rules do and do not allow, because if he does end up going there, it sure looks like everyone in the Broncos was in on it for quite some time.  I doubt we'd see any follow up about it from the league though.

Since we don't know what the outcome will be to the McCloughan grievance hearing yet, it would be so Redskins for us to lose a high draft pick (potentially our #1 pick) for breaking league rules where, not only do we lose our QB for the shenanigans we've done in the past, but can't even draft a high-pick replacement because of it.  And if we do lose draft picks for it, we probably won't be told about it till the day before the draft, kinda like what happened to us the day before FA for the stupid uncapped year fiasco.  Man... what a special offseason this could become...

1 hour ago, Paul Cumberland said:

Since we don't know what the outcome will be to the McCloughan grievance hearing yet, it would be so Redskins for us to lose a high draft pick (potentially our #1 pick) for breaking league rules where, not only do we lose our QB for the shenanigans we've done in the past, but can't even draft a high-pick replacement because of it.  And if we do lose draft picks for it, we probably won't be told about it till the day before the draft, kinda like what happened to us the day before FA for the stupid uncapped year fiasco.  Man... what a special offseason this could become...

I'm wondering why there are no news about the trial ? Even Jessica is mute. About the QB situation we may have to start a brand new Cult of Colt thread :silly:.

3 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

Got an answer from my question to Keim.  Interesting to note that depositions may not be over with yet..

Don't expect to ever hear much of anything on it. 

Do expect that due to an eventual settlement & part of that settlement being a gag order. Just like was done when Vinny got fired. 

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You don't win 1 game in 2 years solely on the lack of quality QB.  

Well, I DO think that adding Kirk to the Browns and hitting on both #1 draft picks makes them instantly go from a 0 win team to a 6-8 win team. 

If they offered me 30 million per year and guaranteed at least the first three, I'd happily go continue to play .500 football for a city that would see me as a savior for getting them out of the dumpster. Hell, by the second year they might even compete. Ben is serious about retiring soon and I don't think the Ravens are going to become the top of that division so easily. 

8 hours ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

Well, I DO think that adding Kirk to the Browns and hitting on both #1 draft picks makes them instantly go from a 0 win team to a 6-8 win team. 

If they offered me 30 million per year and guaranteed at least the first three, I'd happily go continue to play .500 football for a city that would see me as a savior for getting them out of the dumpster. Hell, by the second year they might even compete. Ben is serious about retiring soon and I don't think the Ravens are going to become the top of that division so easily. 

they were competitive in a lot of games this year and that was even before Gordon came back. Adding Cousins, the draft picks and FA signings and they could have a winning record in a division that isn’t that tough outside of Pitt 

On 04/01/2018 at 9:40 PM, zoony said:

The Browns have had the courage to defer a total rebuild to one draft.  Something several of us have been begging for for years and years on this forum.  (Instead of a first round pick in 2009, 2010, 2011.... go for 3 first round picks in 2012 and an additional 3 2nd round picks that you got in a trade., e.g.)

1.  The Browns have 12 picks in this years draft.  5 in the first 2 rounds.  1 and 4, overall

2.  The Browns hired a non football guy to run their operations.  In this case, Paul DePodesta who you all know from Jonah Hills character in Moneyball

3.  The Browns invested in the best GM they could find in John Dorsey, who in turn is investing in more front office talent, poaching Alonzo Highsmith from the Packers

4.  Projected $118 million in cap space

The Browns have the best upcoming draft position in the history of the league, the most talented front office in the league, and a non football ivy league economist running the show and looking for value in systems that by and large are being built by aging ex jocks and assorted dumbos.  He wont have a hard time, especially with $118 million in cap space

What a time to be a Browns fan.  I would take 1-31 in a second to be where they are.  After all, they have as much to show for it as we do.

This is what the Redskins have needed since 2006.  Two straight years of SUCK with a front office smart enough to leverage that suckage into future value.  Instead, we are on the perpetual 7-9 merry go round, always with limited cap space, always putting another band aid on the terminal patient.

Yer know z, if the Browns could find a way to get one of my all-time favourite none-Skins Bernie back in uniform they'd become a very favourable proposition. 

Hail. 

On 1/12/2018 at 3:13 AM, Wildbunny said:

Who could have known?

It's not like he was fired twice from his previous jobs for that same reasons...

Yeah, and it's the only reason we were able to pull a personnel guy with his talent despite this FO structure. He had enough red flags to lower himself into our range and we managed to mess that up too. We won't get real personnel guys in here until it's structured like a real FO and Allen is gone. 

Archived