Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

28 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I agree. That type of futility tells me that the organization rots from the very top down.

Burden of proof would be on them 

Or it only took Haslam 5 years to figure out what our buffoon hasn't in soon to be 20.

Imo with their new FO Snyder's idiocy is going to be even more hilarious in a year or two.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-belichick-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-browns-hurt-patriots-2018-1

Bill Belichick reportedly didn't let the Browns anywhere near Jimmy Garoppolo, and it may have cost the Patriots

The New England Patriots reportedly outright rejected offers for Jimmy Garoppolo from the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns' offer reportedly included the Houston Texans' 2018 first-round pick, which is now the fourth pick in the draft.

The Patriots only got the San Francisco 49ers' second-round pick for Garoppolo, which may lend credence to the theory that Belichick sought to get a better deal for Garoppolo than for the Patriots.

10 hours ago, zoony said:

Ive been saying cousins to the browns for a while

Imagine cousins plus those 5 picks in the first two rounds... they will win the north

The Browns are loading up their front office with stars.  They got now three highly regarded personnel guys in their department added in a short span of time.  Yeah they have failed for years but give the Browns credit they at least understand and keep trying to make their front office really good.

One of the common refrains especially from John Keim, is Kirk isn't sure this the Redskins have the right front office to build a winner.  So the Browns keep adding talent on that front and all we got is that Bruce is now going to be studying more tape.  And this isn't sarcasm, this is reality.

Kirk's agent was a a former personnel guy.  If people like us can piece this together -- I am sure McCartney can do the same easily.

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I thought Kirk wanted to go to a good organization.

The Browns suck and will continue to suck for the same reason as the Redskins. They're a **** organization with a sorry ass owner.

A sorry ass owner that figured out what Dan still hasn't, in a much shorter period of time.  That the key to success in the NFL is a legit front office and there is no salary cap on it.

Perhaps he meddles and causes strife and the whole thing doesn't work out for whatever reason.  But his shot at building a winner is better than any shot Danny has taken in his near 20 years of ownership.

Meanwhile, we got Bruce going into year 9 as team president, trying to 'watch tape' so he can be a 'football guy'. 

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Meanwhile, we got Bruce going into year 9 as team president, trying to 'watch tape' so he can be a 'football guy'. 

****ing amazing, isn't it? Here's a question for everybody, who would you rather have running the Redskins?

A. Bruce and Dan

B. Fired Browns GM, Sashi Brown

C. The homeless guy that told Haslem to draft Johnny Football

I'll eliminate option A.

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe the Browns will be laughing at us

Albert Breer on 92.3 The Fan said that Kirk Cousins would consider CLE, JAX, and the NYJ if he hit the FA market. Says believes Cousins would consider the #Browns because there are some around the league who believe CLE isn’t that far away despite 0-16 season.

THIS right here should tell you how bad and dysfunctional things are in Ashburn. 

Our 3x 4K yard QB is more interested in playing for the 0-16 Browns. 

So sad it's comical. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Browns are loading up their front office with stars.  They got now three highly regarded personnel guys in their department added in a short span of time.  Yeah they have failed for years but give the Browns credit they at least understand and keep trying to make their front office really good.

One of the common refrains especially from John Keim, is Kirk isn't sure this the Redskins have the right front office to build a winner.  So the Browns keep adding talent on that front and all we got is that Bruce is now going to be studying more tape.  And this isn't sarcasm, this is reality.

Kirk's agent was a a former personnel guy.  If people like us can piece this together -- I am sure McCartney can do the same easily.

This thread is a solid kick in the balls

11 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Bill Belichick reportedly didn't let the Browns anywhere near Jimmy Garoppolo, and it may have cost the Patriots

I don't think it was him thinking about what was better for JimmyG, he didn't want him in the AFC.

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Where does it say he’s more interested in them?

I think he's putting the fact that Kirk doesn't want to talk until March together with the 'rumor' that he'd play for the Browns. 

It makes all the sense in the world for McCartney to drop a nugget like that to Breer.  It helps his cause for the Browns to be in play.

But the point of the matter is that you guys can laugh all you want, but the moves the Browns have made to their FO are on another planet from anything Dan Snyder has ever even thought about doing.  Like I said, maybe Haslam gets pissed and fires everyone a year into it all and screws everything up.  But right now today, it looks like an incredible power play to change the culture in Cleveland.  If Dan Snyder fired everyone but Jay and brought in Dorsey, Highsmith and Wolf, I would be doing cartwheels down the hallway with excitement.  I mean, we lost our collective minds, when we hired 1 guy with a history of losing jobs for being an alcoholic.  They just got 3 coveted professionals to right their ship.  Bruce Allen has now taken up watching tape in an effort to become a 'football guy' in his 60's.  FML.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And you bet his agent is telling him that our FO sucks. Especially since his buddy Scott was canned.

Now, to get back on the topic, since Kirk wants to be associated with Winning, how could he be associated more with winning in going to the Browns, turning the franchise around and make it a regular playoff team? That would be not small feat. And if he ever win a SB with them, he'll get his statue at Cleveland's entrance.

17 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

OMG is this true? Where was this reported? 

I don't think that's correct. Allen has always been a football guy to some extent. Cooley has mentioned this in the past. It's not his area of expertise but it's not like he's a complete novice when it comes to scouting/personnel. I'm not trying to defend him, he sucks in that role(I do think he has some strengths though), but I don't think its some newfound thing.

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think that's correct. Allen has always been a football guy to some extent. Cooley has mentioned this in the past. It's not his area of expertise but it's not like he's a complete novice when it comes to scouting/personnel. I'm not trying to defend him, he sucks in that role(I do think he has some strengths though), but I don't think its some newfound thing.

The way I heard it was that he's unhappy with not being considered a 'football guy' and has started watching more tape and is contemplating bringing in an executive to handle non-football stuff.

I'm not sure the source, but I think it was Chris Russell.  And before we discredit him, he's probably hit on more Redskins related stuff over the last year than any other reporter out there.

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I heard that segment.  Cooley didn't play up Bruce as for doing it much but he thought it was part of the soup for him.  He didn't give the impression it was his prime thing.  He said his prime thing of importance was dealing with Dan.   If you listen to Bruce talk about himself, I've never heard him saying yeah I scouted this dude, etc or even refer to doing personnel type of duties.  For example, when I heard Kyle Smith interviewed he talked as a guy who knew the traits of the players that were picked -- you could tell he was involved and could talk the talk.

I recall Cooley questioning the Fuller pick a couple of season ago when he had Bruce on.  Bruce's response "well have you met him?"  then Cooley goes well I am not challenging what kind of guy he is but the player.  Bruce had no come back.  So based on everything that I've seen relating to Bruce, I would guess he watched a little tape just to show he's a little involved in that part of the game.  But that's not his main thing.  Mike Lombardi who worked with Bruce in Oakland flat out said Bruce isn't a personnel guy.

Maybe I have to go back and listen to Campbell-Jay's interviews from around the draft time -- both referenced Scot, I don't recall either one referencing Bruce being part of scouting players.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The way I heard it was that he's unhappy with not being considered a 'football guy' and has started watching more tape and is contemplating bringing in an executive to handle non-football stuff.

I'm not sure the source, but I think it was Chris Russell.  And before we discredit him, he's probably hit on more Redskins related stuff over the last year than any other reporter out there.

Russell said in two different shows Bruce doesn't like to be pegged as a non-football guy and has been watching more tape to dispel that perception.  It was Rapoport who said Bruce wants to spend more time on football issues and wants to hire a business executive to free him up to do so.

Watching more tape so he can become more of a ‘football’ guy...you know...’sacks and stuff’....

What a clown show.  

Snyder must have caught lightning in a bottle by pure luck with his telemarketing company because I am not impressed with his business acumen or ability to find competent people.  He did run 6 Flags into the ground didn’t he?

Heaven help us....

I don't think it's all that far-fetched to see Kirk liking the Browns.  They've redone their FO with top Personnel execs and have tons of cap space to not only sign him to a market deal but other FAs as well.  Add in their draft capital being outrageous this year, it's not all that much of a leap IMO for he and his agent to come away with the opinion they will be a winning organization soon.  In fact, if he does sign there, I'd guess that's pretty much what they'd say the reason was for his picking them.

So, if what the browns are doing in the front office is so brilliant, why hasn't everyone else done it?  Football players you have to draft or buy with a salary cap in mind, but suddenly the worst team in the league by a mile is making genius FO moves?  They just made some phone calls and boom, best FO in the league all of the sudden?   We're these top execs just waiting around for the BROWNS to call them??

I'll believe it when I see results.  I get the structure and culture change.  We tried it with Scot, then **** happened, but then again, where is he now?  Did Dan and Bruce successfully drag his name through the mud, or did we overvalue him simply because he's not Bruce allen.   Are these new browns guys so great, or are they just getting excited because they...ironically...arent football guys.  (I agree with going for it in that regard: run it like a machine or a business).  But still, I'm skeptical.  It's the browns man.  Talk about a losing culture.  I suppose if it's going to turn around somewhere, it's starts with guys in an office.  I just don't see what's so special about these particular guys.

Even if their new structure is so great,  they've got a looooong hill to climb.  Kind of like the jags have been climbing and we're doing now.

27 minutes ago, Dirt said:

So, if what the browns are doing in the front office is so brilliant, why hasn't everyone else done it?  Football players you have to draft or buy with a salary cap in mind, but suddenly the worst team in the league by a mile is making genius FO moves?  They just made some phone calls and boom, best FO in the league all of the sudden?   We're these top execs just waiting around for the BROWNS to call them??

I guess you aren't aware that the Packers FO and player personnel structure basically imploded this month. It suddenly became open season on a talented scouting tree that had denied all opportunities to interview for anything other than a full-control GM position for years and years...and the Browns pounced. They poached both Wolf and Highsmith in the upheaval, basically, when neither were elevated to the GM position in GB. Dorsey is the third prong and he was basically available because he had a reputation as an enormous asshole in KC, which is why the Browns didn't put him in charge of the whole operation. They gave him the personnel department and evaluators that have the respect of the entire league to work with, and we'll see how it works out.

But acting like these moves are same old, same old is willful ignorance. Especially with the amount of draft capital they have. This isn't the same Browns because the owner finally put an adult in charge, who hired the best personnel guys he could find to do the work. Which is what the majority of ES has been begging for Snyder to do for two decades. 

54 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I guess you aren't aware that the Packers FO and player personnel structure basically imploded this month. It suddenly became open season on a talented scouting tree that had denied all opportunities to interview for anything other than a full-control GM position for years and years...and the Browns pounced. They poached both Wolf and Highsmith in the upheaval, basically, when neither were elevated to the GM position in GB. Dorsey is the third prong and he was basically available because he had a reputation as an enormous asshole in KC, which is why the Browns didn't put him in charge of the whole operation. They gave him the personnel department and evaluators that have the respect of the entire league to work with, and we'll see how it works out.

But acting like these moves are same old, same old is willful ignorance. Especially with the amount of draft capital they have. This isn't the same Browns because the owner finally put an adult in charge, who hired the best personnel guys he could find to do the work. Which is what the majority of ES has been begging for Snyder to do for two decades. 

Gotcha.  Wasn't aware of the GB thing. Still, I wonder why the browns were the team to catch the suddenly available top execs.  I suppose it's that sexy amount of draft capital they have. 

Also, do these guys just seem like top execs because GB has had some of the best QB play in the league?  

Anyway, I never was laughing at the poor browns, but if I was, I'm not suddenly scared of what they're doing now.  They're AFC, I don't really care, but hell, I hope they do turn it around, It would be interesting.  I'm just not on board with modeling after them, especially if it involves losing literally almost all of your games for 2 years.  Believe it or not, the skins are close to contending.  We don't need this nuke the team nonsense.  .....as long as we have a QB ;(

Archived