Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

14 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Just because they hired a baseball economic major and former Packers FO personnel doesn't mean anything. Do they have potential upside? Sure. I'm totally willing to let you be a man and put your money where your mouth is against me in this topic.

What are we, in high school? Be a man and put my money where my mouth is!? :ols: 

You said their hires “don’t mean anything” and then follow it up with acknowledging they have potential upside. So essentially it does mean something to you. 

Look, it’s simple. If the Browns were to want to improve upon their terrible past, how should they go about it? Anyone who knows anything about successful football organizations would tell you it starts with a properly structured FO and qualified hires. 

They’ve done that. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. But they’re doing what’s right to get it to work. That’s all. Doesn’t mean their owner doesn’t screw it all up somehow or that weirdly, and contrary to their own recent history, the new hires all collectively have brain farts and just suck at their resource allocation. 

Don’t know what their past has to do with that other than with their owner. Bringing up their 2012 draft with a completely different brain trust makes NO SENSE. 

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

What are we, in high school? Be a man and put my money where my mouth is!? :ols: 

You said their hires “don’t mean anything” and then follow it up with acknowledging they have potential upside. So essentially it does mean something to you. 

Look, it’s simple. If the Browns were to want to improve upon their terrible past, how should they go about it? Anyone who knows anything about successful football organizations would tell you it starts with a properly structured FO and qualified hires. 

They’ve done that. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. But they’re doing what’s right to get it to work. That’s all. Doesn’t mean their owner doesn’t screw it all up somehow or that weirdly, and contrary to their own recent history, the new hires all collectively have brain farts and just suck at their resource allocation. 

Don’t know what their past has to do with that other than with their owner. Bringing up their 2012 draft with a completely different brain trust makes NO SENSE. 

Maybe the same exact reason people say "As long as Dan owns the team.." around here.

Offer always stands for you to place your wager on your words :ols:

4 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Maybe the same exact reason people say "As long as Dan owns the team.." around here.

Offer always stands for you to place your wager on your words :ols:

If Dan did the exact same thing the Browns did this offseason he’d be universally lauded. 

We’d all have legitimate reservations about whether or not he’ll enable those hires and not undermine them, but the moves on the surface would be welcomed. It’s exactly what we’re asking for. 

But by all means continue making no sense while equating gambling to manhood. 

Alonzo Highsmith is one of the best personnel men in football, period. And analytics is the future of pro sports. The Browns have everything they need to knock this upcoming draft into orbit.

Edit, wait, looks like they axed the analytics. But Highsmith and an assloss of picks has them sitting pretty lol

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

Uhm, hiring an entirely new FO is not “magic”. You can expect change there because of the qualifications of whom they hired. 

So were the Redskins to hire the exact same FO as the Browns just did, and some fool put up Vinny and Dan’s 2008 draft, then stated, “see, they have no clue what they’re doing”... you’d accept that? 

I mean, how is that in any way relevant? 

Here's the funny thing about that:  Not only did the Browns have a entirely different Front Office for the 2012 draft.  They had a entirely different owner.

Jimmy Haslam hadn't bought the Browns, yet.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Browns have been anything short of a **** show for as long as any of us can remember.

The difference is they've invested a lot into building a premier FO to fire that ammunition.  They also have over 100M in cap space. 

Dont waste your breath.  Its these same idiots who still say `Dan wants to win, man!!!!`

11 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I think Skins fans will be laugh/crying come this time next year when Kirk and Saquon Barkley are leading the Browns into the playoffs while Alex and another mediocre Redskins running game/defense is playing for 4th in the division yet again.

I really want them to sign Cousins now, and win. I would love to see McCloughan have incredible success in Cleveland. That would be the ultimate egg on Snyder and Allen's face.

3 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I think Skins fans will be laugh/crying come this time next year when Kirk and Saquon Barkley are leading the Browns into the playoffs while Alex and another mediocre Redskins running game/defense is playing for 4th in the division yet again.

You are delusional my friend, get a grip. You’re talking about the Cleveland Browns. 

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I really want them to sign Cousins now, and win. I would love to see McCloughan have incredible success in Cleveland. That would be the ultimate egg on Snyder and Allen's face.

I can't believe that some of you guys call yourselves Redskin fans and post after post you trash your team. I don't get it. Why don' t you pick up your chips and find another game because some of us are getting sick of your negative attitude. Is the front office perfect? Hell no but we had a good draft last year, a hell of a lot better than when the great SM was here. Cheers

2 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I can't believe that some of you guys call yourselves Redskin fans and post after post you trash your team. I don't get it. Why don' t you pick up your chips and find another game because some of us are getting sick of your negative attitude. Is the front office perfect? Hell no but we had a good draft last year, a hell of a lot better than when the great SM was here. Cheers

Foreal. Go be a browns Fan and let me know how that goes. I support the Redskins only, Kirk didn’t want to play for the Redskins. No ill feelings towards him but I no longer support him for said reasons.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:35 PM, skinzplay said:

The Browns offered a 2nd rounder for Smith (they have two in the upcoming draft). When the Chiefs asked for more, the Browns said thanks for your time, conversation over. That new front office is already light years more competent than ours. They know how, when, whether, and who to deal. Unlike Allen, they aren't going to jettison young, promising talent, particularly when it's a kind of talent the team has been in need of for years. Kudos to the Browns.

A second round draft choice for a vet QB like Smith is a joke and if the Browns think that is a serious offer then you don't have to wonder why they won 1 game in 2 years. To get quality you have to offer quality unless it some bankrupt team trying to get rid of expensive players to save money and the Chiefs are not in that boat.  Cheers.

9 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

Foreal. Go be a browns Fan and let me know how that goes. I support the Redskins only, Kirk didn’t want to play for the Redskins. No ill feelings towards him but I no longer support him for said reasons.

No lie, my neighbor in Barnegat N.J. drives to Cleveland for every home game the Browns have played for 25 years. Now that is a fan.

The redskins are worse than the browns. The browns just suck and have for a long time. Every now and then, they’ll throw in something embarrassing but really it’s just been a poorly managed, drafted and coached franchise for a long time. It is what it is. 

The Redskins are something else entirely. Which is to say that we are also all of those things but in addition to that, we bring an unprecedented amount of unprofessionalism, embarassment, vindictiveness, pettiness, **** show comedy to being a perennial loser too. 

It’d be an improvement if we could be the browns for a decade and just be bad on the field. I’m just tired of always being a laughingstock embarrassment of incompetence. We repeatedly go out of our way to make ourselves look like asses and idiots in every way, on the field, in the front office, during the offseason, in the media etc. 

I’d settle for just being losers. 

7 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Well this just got more interesting

Browns hiring former Redskins GM as draft consultant

http://nfltraderumors.co/browns-hiring-former-redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-personnel-consultant/

I'd like to see the Browns be good for a change, that's another step in a good direction.  And sounds like a limited capacity with low expectations, help get Scott from burnout.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Ah, the obligatory "Not a real fan" post. Covered all the standard bases, well done.

10 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Cousins isn't going to the Browns because his former teammate and friend Brian Hoyer can tell him all about how screwed up Hasslam is as an owner.  The last thing Cousins wants is another moronic owner.

At least Haslam is trying to construct a premier FO.  And it only took him 6 years as an owner.  Dan's been an owner for nearly 20 and hasn't done that.  

And has Hoyer had the same angst for the other 10 teams that have cut him?

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Has anyone brought up the fact the real Browns team has won more super bowls this century then we have been to since 91?

And they won more playoff games than 19 years of Dan Snyder in each of those SB seasons. In fact 19 teams have done this in single seasons. 

Pathetic is an understatement.

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The redskins are worse than the browns. The browns just suck and have for a long time. Every now and then, they’ll throw in something embarrassing but really it’s just been a poorly managed, drafted and coached franchise for a long time. It is what it is. 

The Redskins are something else entirely. Which is to say that we are also all of those things but in addition to that, we bring an unprecedented amount of unprofessionalism, embarassment, vindictiveness, pettiness, **** show comedy to being a perennial loser too. 

It’d be an improvement if we could be the browns for a decade and just be bad on the field. I’m just tired of always being a laughingstock embarrassment of incompetence. We repeatedly go out of our way to make ourselves look like asses and idiots in every way, on the field, in the front office, during the offseason, in the media etc. 

I’d settle for just being losers. 

People feel bad for the Browns and their fans. People laugh at the Redskins and their fans.

Browns are making it more and more enticing for me to really dedicate myself to following and rooting for them!

Although as mad as the Smith trade/handling made me, I'm right back where I was before with this team. I can't quit them. But at least Cleveland will give me something to look forward to when the Redskins are embarrassing themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 4:35 PM, skinzplay said:

The Browns offered a 2nd rounder for Smith (they have two in the upcoming draft). When the Chiefs asked for more, the Browns said thanks for your time, conversation over. That new front office is already light years more competent than ours. They know how, when, whether, and who to deal. Unlike Allen, they aren't going to jettison young, promising talent, particularly when it's a kind of talent the team has been in need of for years. Kudos to the Browns.

Wrong Alex Smith didn't want to go there it didn't matter what the Browns offered KC.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Scot is only there to be their draft consultant probably and will be gone after the draft.

5 hours ago, I Love The Skins said:

Wrong Alex Smith didn't want to go there it didn't matter what the Browns offered KC.

So, who were we bidding against then? Ourselves? Would KC have traded Smith to Denver? 

Browns are a better FO period. I’d bet their record over the next 3 years is better than ours as well. 

Archived