Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

47 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Hmmm....Washington used to do this all the time and got chastised and ridiculed and the "Snyder will never change" rhetoric was everywhere.

The browns do it and they are genius?

You're right. The Browns should just sit on their hands being that they've been so successful and everything they've done has helped lead them to that success. If they were 1-31 over a two year span then maybe they should take the approach they are taking now.

Tell your Uncle Dan I said hello and to go **** himself. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When have we ever done this? 

Always...whenever the free agent or trading away picks for veterans happens 

38 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

You're right. The Browns should just sit on their hands being that they've been so successful and everything they've done has helped lead them to that success. If they were 1-31 over a two year span then maybe they should take the approach they are taking now.

Tell your Uncle Dan I said hello and to go **** himself. 

Lol funny. I'm not sticking up for Snyder, I'm pointing out hypocracy 

Sorry if it hits close to home

5 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Well for one, we never had good FO people doing those deals and the browns do 

Also, we got fleeced in those deals giving up quality picks and for players with questionable impact or that were older. The browns gave up very little draft value for some pretty solid players that can continue to grow, outside of Tyrod who has probably hit his ceiling. Not to mention 

The Browns can afford to trade some picks given that everything they’ve traded for, they still have more picks than anyone in the draft. 

Old Redskins would have traded #4 and a 2nd for Tyrod and then spent #1 on a WR or something equally as dumb 

33 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Lol funny. I'm not sticking up for Snyder, I'm pointing out hypocracy 

Sorry if it hits close to home

I am not sure if Browns will be able to turn it around...

However you are right that Redskins did the same thing in the past by trading picks low veterans that other teams want to unload...

i guess what different is that redskins did this when our salary cap situation wasn’t all too great causing knock-on effects when the vets didn’t work out which was the case most of the time...

Browns and their massive cap space can take some risks without tying their hand on future FA moves so it’s a good thing...

so difference between getting Tyrod and Alex Smith was Kendall Fuller...  I think that’s about right...

Redskins got hosed for doing this because we continually did it and continually failed at it. Plus as others have said, we were the ones getting fleeced. Constantly giving away mulitple picks in the same years for old players. God we suck.

We traded for a washed up McNabb by giving up a 2nd rounder for him, then we bench him one game and the next, we extend his contract (if I remeber correctly). Oh and then we trade him for only a 6th rounder. Thankfully that turned out to be Morris. Who we jettisoned because we were in love with Matt Jones & Robery Kelly. 

5 hours ago, sjinhan said:

However you are right that Redskins did the same thing in the past by trading picks low veterans that other teams want to unload...

In the past? 

They just did it a few weeks ago for a QB that Andy Reid didn't want anymore, again. :hitfan:

23 hours ago, wit33 said:

Love an organization willing to carve there own path and do it their own way. I will be rooting for them to succeed in the future. Hate those that do what’s comfortable and not act on what’s right for a team’s Individual situation. 

No you’re suppose to do it this way because that’s the way it’s been done for 30 years. Blaze your own path. 

McCloughan and Alonzo Highsmith is a coup for the ages. Those two are as good as it gets in terms of talent evaluation, and have been itching to work together for awhile now (I believe we tried to pry him from the Packers in '16). With all that money and all these picks, they will be a force to be reckoned with, bank on it, even with the QB situation potentially not solved for a couple years until whoever they get is ready to take the reins. Haslam may be a quack of an owner, but in just 4-5 seasons, he seems to be learning how proper winning is done. It's not rocket science. you don't have to be heavily involved in everything,. I mean it would be great, but only if your owner is a through and through football man like Jerry Jones, or Richardson (previously). Just find the right person, let them find the right people, and sign the checks and don't let your ego get in the way.

McCloughan is going to become a legend in Cleveland... If he doesn't go on any benders.

21 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well for one, we never had good FO people doing those deals and the browns do 

Also, we got fleeced in those deals giving up quality picks and for players with questionable impact or that were older. The browns gave up very little draft value for some pretty solid players that can continue to grow, outside of Tyrod who has probably hit his ceiling. Not to mention 

The Browns can afford to trade some picks given that everything they’ve traded for, they still have more picks than anyone in the draft. 

Old Redskins would have traded #4 and a 2nd for Tyrod and then spent #1 on a WR or something equally as dumb 

I'm really not a fan of this "Trust the Process" level of tanking, but the fact remains, if you can somehow do it and not screw up (like Matt Millen drafting bum WR after bum WR until he hit paydirt with Megatron) you are set up to gt supreme talent across several levels of your team.

We do just enough to not suck to the point where we pick top 3 in several seasons.s O while I don't like it, if you decide you are going to suck, at least suck all the way, and give us something to hope for other than some gump DB at 13-15

The problem is, they are still the Browns.  People have talked up much of what they have done over the past 2 seasons.  Yet they were terrrrriiibbblllleee last season.  I might trust the browns to come out with a 10-6 season once they maybe, you know, win 3 games in a season as a start.

17 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The problem is, they are still the Browns.  People have talked up much of what they have done over the past 2 seasons.  Yet they were terrrrriiibbblllleee last season.  I might trust the browns to come out with a 10-6 season once they maybe, you know, win 3 games in a season as a start.

They were really competitive last season despite their record and with easily the worst QB play in the league. 

I love how so many people are raving about these trades before they are even officially in the books.  The Cleveland FO may be geniuses or they may be clowns but there is no way to know until next season when we see if these guys are boom or bust.  It is not on the same level but I remember the infamous Eagles dream team and that did not end well.  Typically teams move on from guys who seem productive because they know something we don't.  I doubt very much that Cleveland is going to hit a home run with every one of these guys although I get that they have all this cap room and draft capital so they might as well use it but based on the moves so far they are still the 4th best team in their division.

Is that you Loverro ?

Are we laughing at the Browns ?  I hadn't heard that. We aren't in a position to laugh at anyone and its almost like the rest of the league has been laughing at us for a while now, but I am a glutton for punishment, not unlike a Browns fan. I really hope they do well this year their fans deserve it but, they should look at this franchise as a cautionary tale.

So much drama here over the last 10+ years. I know we have sucked for more like 20 but we had some rays of sunshine mixed in and we have been offseason champs like the Browns too. Remember  Arrington & Samuels at 2 & 3 followed by a bevy of F.A. signings highlighted by Prime Timeturftoe, Bruce Smith, Adrian Murell and Jeff George ? maybe Mark Carrier too I don't know. I remember it was my first year as a season ticket holder and a huge kick in the nuts. We finished .500.

This thread title annoys me. NOTHING TO LAUGH ABOUT

They don't have to hit a home run with everyone this year (hardly anyone does, ever). I think the overall point is that they have a solid structure in place with their personal dept, and tons of ammo with those picks. All they have to do is build, season by season, and they will have a winner.

But with the people they have in charge, I think chances are pretty high that they kill this draft, and in reality, all you have to do is kill one draft, and it creates a strong foundation for your team going forward, making every other decision a lot easier.

Hard for ne to really comoment on what any team will look like (free agency hasn't officially started, and the draft is still a ways off). But I have no doubt that by the end, they will be markedly better (admittedly, its a low bar, lol)

4 hours ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Is that you Loverro ?

Are we laughing at the Browns ?  I hadn't heard that. We aren't in a position to laugh at anyone and its almost like the rest of the league has been laughing at us for a while now, but I am a glutton for punishment, not unlike a Browns fan. I really hope they do well this year their fans deserve it but, they should look at this franchise as a cautionary tale.

So much drama here over the last 10+ years. I know we have sucked for more like 20 but we had some rays of sunshine mixed in and we have been offseason champs like the Browns too. Remember  Arrington & Samuels at 2 & 3 followed by a bevy of F.A. signings highlighted by Prime Timeturftoe, Bruce Smith, Adrian Murell and Jeff George ? maybe Mark Carrier too I don't know. I remember it was my first year as a season ticket holder and a huge kick in the nuts. We finished .500.

This thread title annoys me. NOTHING TO LAUGH ABOUT

That’s all true but the Browns have won 1 game in the last 2 years. That’s a little laughable, in a respectful way. 

On 3/11/2018 at 2:56 PM, I Love The Skins said:

It was said when he was hired he was only there to be draft consutant and still will be running his draft service for other teams he will probably be gone in May.

He wasn’t hired full time with a title because he was/is still going thru court battle for Skins firing and couldn’t take on a new job. Once its over lets see if he is a full time CLE employee.  

Archived