Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

4 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Why would you trade a ham sandwich for Taylor... Stupid, stupid, stupid.

He was gonna be free agent and frankly, will fill the spot of Cleveland taking the worst QB on any given market and making him worse role

Highly doubt he gets worse. Theyve weapons around him that he arguably didnt have in buffalo outside of lesean McCoy. He has Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman and josh Gordon to throw to. And most likely they are probably gonna draft Barkley at 1 and have an okay defense. And look at what excellent rookie running backs have done for two separate teams in the cowturds and jags over the past two years. 

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Highly doubt he gets worse. Theyve weapons around him that he arguably didnt have in buffalo outside of lesean McCoy. He has Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman and josh Gordon to throw to. And most likely they are probably gonna draft Barkley at 1 and have an okay defense. And look at what excellent rookie running backs have done for two separate teams in the cowturds and jags over the past two years. 

A Cleveland sports radio host said on Chris Russell's show that Corey Coleman could be traded.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I may have missed something but what about trading for Tyrod takes QB out of play for Cleveland. If anything he just becomes th veteran stop gap for whoever is #1 or #2

Grabbing Randall actually makes it more likely that they go Barkley then QB at 4. Randall is a solid player 

3 teams pass on Barkley?  If the Giants are serious about committing to Archie's lesser kid, then they grab Barkley if Cle goes QB 1.

I'll admit, these offseason moves have me impressed. They're working fast and decisively. Works well on paper, just need to make sure it works well in practice. The Giants from a few years ago and the Eagles Dream Team from 2011 will always make me wary of declaring genius too early.

9 hours ago, zoony said:

Browns renting Tyrod for 1 season while they groom their draft pick... smart

Maybe.  But giving up the first pick in the third round of this year's draft is pretty steep for a one-year rental.  I suspect they will draft their future QB with their #1 or #4 pick, but Taylor may be a 2- or 3-year rental, which would give their "franchise" QB more time to develop.

16 hours ago, I Love The Skins said:

My prediction that Browns draft Barkley at no.1 and draft Darnold or Rosen at 4..

My prediction is that they get Barkley then trade out of 4th pick and pick up either Allen or L Jackson as their QB of the future... both need 1-2 year to develop and Tyrod can be the stop-gap....

Love an organization willing to carve there own path and do it their own way. I will be rooting for them to succeed in the future. Hate those that do what’s comfortable and not act on what’s right for a team’s Individual situation. 

No you’re suppose to do it this way because that’s the way it’s been done for 30 years. Blaze your own path. 

No way, the Redskins would take aging Vets and pay them a boatload then not get a thing in return. The Browns have 100 million to play with plus a crapload of picks (not to mention #1 & #4) so I would hardly say that they have imitated anything that the Skins have done!!! It's sad and ridiculous! Let's Go Daniel, PICK IT UP!!

Third rounder seems like an overpay, but I suppose that is the price to pay.

1. Only $16 million committed to a veteran starter in 2018
  2. Showing the pending Free Agents that they are turning the team around quick
  3. Joe Thomas may come back for more than this year if these moves are just the start

The ability to take on contracts is a great strategic advantage. I don't think the Browns are done dealing before the deadline and I think there will more teams taking those risks. 

Archived