Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

1 hour ago, seantaylor=god said:

So, who were we bidding against then? Ourselves? Would KC have traded Smith to Denver? 

Browns are a better FO period. I’d bet their record over the next 3 years is better than ours as well. 

If Andy Reid wasn't worried about Alex Smith beating him he would have traded him to Denver.
  him to Denver.

So, who were we bidding against then? Ourselves? Would KC have traded Smith to Denver? 

Browns are a better FO period. I’d bet their record over the next 3 years is better than ours as well. 

We will see they have to prove it.

Don't know about that. The Redskins most embarrassing years usually end with 4-6 wins. A good season for the Browns will be getting past 4 wins.  I'd bet the Browns are more likely to fire their FO in 3 years vs them being some model franchise to be envious of.

If the Browns are successful in the next few years I would for sure root for them to win.  Their fans are loyal, which is frowned upon around these parts. If you are a loyal Skins fans you are a 'homer' or 'blind supporter'. You basically have to show public hate for a FO member or player to be considered a neutral Redskins fan.

I also think Browns fans are just cool down to earth people to talk to...at least the ones I have chatted with online.  

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

I think the new front office that they've assembled in Cleveland is very strong. I believe they'll turn it around. My only worry for that team is the HC position. I'm not sure Hue should be trusted with the reins of a team. We'll soon find out.

Hue is only there for their owner to save face.  He can't admit a complete mistake; where not only was his front office was wrong but the coach was wrong also. So, Hue gets another shot but I figure after the Browns suck again in 2018; the owner will wake up and let his new front office, get a quality coach.

Hue Is there because the Browns are still 2+ years away from anything.

They won't get Cousins, so they'll be looking at McCarron as a placeholder for Darnold or Mayfield. Wouldn't it be something for the Browns to select Barkley #1 and see who's there at #4? If Darnold and Barkley are gone, you get the top defensive player of the draft as consolation or the possibility to trade down. If you're good with two QBs in this draft and Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Ward. The flip side is you take Darnold #1 and sit him for 1-2 years behind McCarron and actively seek to trade down with #4 and keep building for the future. 

For 2019 off-season:

• Fire Hue
  • Hire a better coach
  • Have a franchise QB in development
  • Have an elite front seven

On 2/25/2018 at 11:52 PM, Silvernon said:

Hue Is there because the Browns are still 2+ years away from anything.

They won't get Cousins, so they'll be looking at McCarron as a placeholder for Darnold or Mayfield. Wouldn't it be something for the Browns to select Barkley #1 and see who's there at #4? If Darnold and Barkley are gone, you get the top defensive player of the draft as consolation or the possibility to trade down. If you're good with two QBs in this draft and Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Ward. The flip side is you take Darnold #1 and sit him for 1-2 years behind McCarron and actively seek to trade down with #4 and keep building for the future. 

For 2019 off-season:

• Fire Hue
  • Hire a better coach
  • Have a franchise QB in development
  • Have an elite front seven

If the Browns do it right, they can be contenders for years.

How much longer does Ben play?  Does Pittsburgh have someone they plan to groom?  

The Ravens aren't really going anywhere. Harbaugh is on the hot seat.

The Bengals are the Bengals.

Cleveland just needs to draft well, get that quality coach in 2019 and by the time they are good; the rest of the division maybe on a downswing.

My issue with the Browns is the problem is at the top of their organisation . They are fundamentally a cheep orgaization . The reason Hue is still there is almost fundamentally a result of financial implications of cutting him ... I cannot see at this point how he has the confidence of the FO or the players ... 

which is is a shame . I think the Browns FO has the potential to put together a good team ... I think the Browns fo have talent on the field but it is being squandered by the coaching staff and the leadership from the top ...

The Browns missed out on A.J. McCarron because they fluffed the paperwork ... missed out on Smith because they would not give him an extension ... missed out on Watson because the brain trust values measuring things over understanding things...that is all the haulmarks of a confused and overmatched organisation 

but the FO right now seems solid ... they have talent on the field ... imagine what they could do if they had an ownership that would open up the cheque book and bring in a guy like Cousins ... give him a 3 year over the top deal if that is what it took draft Barkley no.1 ( or see if you could get the giants flustered enough to make them flip flop from 2 -1 to secure their QB of the future- to take over from manning )  and then draft Neloson (g) at no.4 . And instantly they are at least contenders in the NFC north ... if they could find a coach with balls and an owner that would let them do what is necessary... but it won’t happen ... they will squander yet another high pick on a QB of the future squabble amongst themselves fall apart rinse and repeat ... 

17 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

if they could find a coach with balls and an owner that would let them do what is necessary... but it won’t happen ... they will squander yet another high pick on a QB of the future squabble amongst themselves fall apart rinse and repeat ... 

Odd how you can understand all these things about the Browns but somehow not see the same, and currently worse, with your own team.

IMO, if the Browns don't take Saquon Barkley first, they will continue to be a laughing stock.  Compared to every QB in the draft, he is a superior talent.  Not one QB is considered a consensus, sure-fire talent.  Furthermore, every QB may be available when they pick at #4 anyway.  

There is little to no chance that Barkley will be there at #4.  So, if I was a Browns fan, I would lose my mind if they picked a QB first.  But I suspect that is exactly what they are going to do. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They're gonna take Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4 and win a Super Bowl by 2020.

I say vet QB in free agency, Barkley at 1 then trade out of 4 and fleece a team for a load of picks looking to draft a QB.

On 3/5/2018 at 3:01 PM, I Love The Skins said:

How about  we see how Cleveland does in the next few years before we crown them as better then the Redskins?

Because we’ll have Alex Smith, they’ll have either Sam darnold/josh Rosen/Josh Allen, for a brighter future :P 

im only half serious :) 

I really like the momentum of the Browns taking Barkley at 1.  It is clearly the right move, this is a very dicey QB class.  And of course it would keep Barkley out of NY as the Giants were sure to jump on the chance to get the best player in the draft at a huge need position.  Come on Browns, don't screw this up.

On March 5, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Warhead36 said:

They're gonna take Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4 and win a Super Bowl by 2020.

I don't know if baker is the right QB, nut Barley at 1, some QB at 4, or they sign Keenum/Bridgewater and take the best defensive player in the draft at 4....

i like their heir positioning a lot. If they get a good vet QB, some good coaching, they will have more wins than the Skins. 

Why would you trade a ham sandwich for Taylor... Stupid, stupid, stupid.

He was gonna be free agent and frankly, will fill the spot of Cleveland taking the worst QB on any given market and making him worse role

Archived