Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

9 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I’m trying to figure out why you calling me a monkey should be cool. Help me out here. 

Oh, c'mon, it was a light-hearted attempt at humor, nothing hateful intended.

Actually, I believe this particular creature is in the baboon family, if I'm not mistaken. Your Nat Geo nugget for the day.

But you do have to admit, anyone Dan or Bruce hires is pretty much the aforementioned...

Hhm, I don't think it would be likely, but this whole Belichick drama has kicked up a dust storm where maybe even the Cleveland faithful have daydreamed about Bill coming back to Cleveland, enticed by Dorsey and a refurbished scouting staff and the #1 overall pick, in order to continue his legacy after this fallout with Kraft and Brady. 

Of course the power structure doesn't pass the eyeball test right now. We know that Bill has to be the control freak. So he'd have to have a title like VP of Football Operations, HC, secret GM, etc. 

McCloughan wanted both Wolf and Highsmith, but was blocked. Wolf going to Oakland would reunite him with Reggie McKenzie, who has emerged as one of the best GMs in the league (and a highly respected one). I'd much rather see Wolf end up in Cleveland; eager to see what Dorsey can build there and how he changes that football culture. The Raiders are already stacked with talent (and depth) thanks to McKenzie. Gruden might just be able to swoop in and win with another man's team. The timing would be fortuitous.

Already, it is clear to me that the market for GM / Executive talent in the NFL is limited, inefficient, and out of balance.

Thats a good thing.  That means efficiencies can be exploited elsewhere.  A couple of thoughts

1.  Hire a GM from outside of football.  GMSM said it himself, he was less of an evaluator and more of a facilitator.  Get someone in that role that can get the scouting department, coaches, and executives on the same page.  Someone who has a track record of building successful professional organizations.  Overnight, the Redskins would be running circles around other front offices being piloted by dumbass aging ex jocks who are overpaid and largely stupid.

2.  Go cheap in the gm spot, and spend the leftover money on additional scouting and facilities.  Promote a young and hungry candidate from within.  You will get someone anxious to prove themselves, young and hungry.  Use the leftover 2 million to hire 15 additional scouts, for instance...

None of this will happen of course

In the division, the Cowboys personnel guy, Will McClay is considered one of the best in the business and is a GM candidate around the league.  I saw Albert Breer ran an article awhile back at the most highly regarded personnel guys in the league (shocker no Redskins mentioned), and the Eagles had three guys from their department mentioned.  The Giants are rebuilding their personnel department.

And on our end, this off season the only news is Chris Russell saying that Bruce is tired about being pegged as a nonfootball guy and has been now watching more tape -- followed by the Ian Rapoport story about how Bruce wants to add a business executive type to the front office so he can spend more time on football matters.

Fun times!

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In the division, the Cowboys personnel guy, Will McClay is considered one of the best in the business and is a GM candidate around the league.  I saw Albert Breer run an article awhile back at the most highly regarded personnel guys in the league (shocker no Redskins mentioned), and the Eagles had three guys from their department.  The Giants are rebuilding their personnel department.

And on or end, this off season the only news is Chris Russell saying that Bruce is tired about being pegged as a nonfootball guy and has been now watching more tape -- followed by the Ian Rapoport story about how Bruce wants to add a business executive type to the front office so he can spend more time on football matters.

:ols: I laugh, but I cry.

I'm glad that Bruce has now decided to take up 'watching tape' in his 60's. 

Meanwhile, the rich get richer, the way you're supposed to.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

:ols: I laugh, but I cry.

I'm glad that Bruce has now decided to take up 'watching tape' in his 60's. 

Meanwhile, the rich get richer, the way you're supposed to.

Yeah i am sure we will be reading soon about how Bruce's football skills are now coveted around the league. :ols:     2018 should be interesting -- it will be the first time Bruce-Dan or whomever are making the picks are doing it without Scot's scouting reports-ranking of players.  Before that it was Shanny.  Before Shanny it was Vinny so this time really is Bruce's first baby at picking the groceries.  

Edit:  maybe we should run a collection plate type of drill on the board to buy Scot's service and slip his picks to Bruce.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And on or end, this off season the only news is Chris Russell saying that Bruce is tired about being pegged as a nonfootball guy and has been now watching more tape -- followed by the Ian Rapoport story about how Bruce wants to add a business executive type to the front office so he can spend more time on football matters.

Fun times!

It's just funny visualizing Bruce watching tape, I feel like he probably ends up watching reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond after about 30 minutes.

Oh man, if only this were a bigger story so we could see an SNL skit with Alec Baldwin as Bruce on draft day.  That would be perfect

Goodell:  "With the 15th overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins choose Tom Brady"  ???  What the...

Bruce:  "Thats right.  The future is now. Ive watched a lot of tape on this kid, hes the real deal"

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And on our end, this off season the only news is Chris Russell saying that Bruce is tired about being pegged as a nonfootball guy and has been now watching more tape

Haven't used this one since the Snyderatto years. 

incompetencedemotivator.jpeg?v=140327602

Maybe the Browns will be laughing at us

Albert Breer on 92.3 The Fan said that Kirk Cousins would consider CLE, JAX, and the NYJ if he hit the FA market. Says believes Cousins would consider the #Browns because there are some around the league who believe CLE isn’t that far away despite 0-16 season.

Archived