Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

So is Foster off their team completely? Can we pick him up? 

Wait..... We want to add a man to our roster who is accused of beating a woman twice in one year? Who also has a gun/MJ charge? No thanks. Honestly, NO THANKS. Men who beat women are really not welcome in my little fandom world. Is this what we've become? I don't want any part of that.

18 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Wait..... We want to add a man to our roster who is accused of beating a woman twice in one year? Who also has a gun/MJ charge? No thanks. Honestly, NO THANKS. Men who beat women are really not welcome in my little fandom world. Is this what we've become? I don't want any part of that.

If Reuben Foster is going to flourish anywhere it would be on this team.  He has the support of guys he has played with for years, guys who know his weaknesses and vulnerabilities.  I would be all over Foster if he is available.  Best case scenario is that he goes through waivers and gets to pick his destination.....the skins would probably be his first choice.

It wouldn't bother me at all if he flames out and acts a fool....he's well worth the risk.  The upside for this thing playing out very well for us is pretty high.  We have some really good pros on this team who could help him get his act together.  

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If we sign Foster I think it shows that there is real desperation with Jay and the coaching staff, it will make those reports that Jay needs to make the playoffs this year to keep his job seem true.

I'm not really sure how this would help this year. I don't see him making that big of an impact, certainly not in time to salvage this season.

Unless you're looking at this from a different angle?

He's taken a big step back this year in terms of production. He is missing a lot more tackles and has been shaky in coverage. However, he was a top 15 ILB in 2017 so the talent has shone in the NFL.

I too do feel that it is worth it for us to cut the line and send the 9ers an unconditional 7th round pick in 2020 for Reuben and pick up his contract. He is cheap the next couple years - $1.3M in 2019 and $1.7M in 2020

Either way, bringing him on board means one fewer draft need going into next year's draft

38 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Wrong Foster 🤣

Reuben Foster? 

Not young or talented? Are you talking about the right guy?

11 minutes ago, method man said:

He's taken a big step back this year in terms of production. He is missing a lot more tackles and has been shaky in coverage. However, he was a top 15 ILB in 2017 so the talent has shone in the NFL.

I too do feel that it is worth it for us to cut the line and send the 9ers an unconditional 7th round pick in 2020 for Reuben and pick up his contract. He is cheap the next couple years - $1.3M in 2019 and $1.7M in 2020

Either way, bringing him on board means one fewer draft need going into next year's draft

Cant trade for someone already cut from the roster...

1 hour ago, method man said:

Last year they ran a 3-4 defense and he was a stud....they have switched to a 4-3 and he has been playing injured as well.  Mason Foster has one more year left and Zach Brown has 2 left.  Very young, very talented.  Reuben looks much better when your starting LBs will be 30 years old and like you stated, it will save a draft choice next year.

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Foster obviously a beast, Bama, etc.  But a bit of a psycho maybe.  Busted for pot, if I recall an illegal gun or something like that -- he had that weird episode at the hospital before the combine, too.   

In the people's republik of kalistan having 11 rounds in a magazine can get you charged with a felony..  according to this: https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/18/17369688/reuben-foster-gun-charge-felony-misdemeanor

it was illegal possession of an "assault weapon". Another article said it was a sbr... and if that was the case the atf would be all up in his ass. So I think it was one of those cosmetic features that got him in trouble as far as the gun charge. Scary flash hiders be scary, yo.

Who knows about the women though. The guy is trouble but the gun charge was bs.

23 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

In the people's republik of kalistan having 11 rounds in a magazine can get you charged with a felony..  according to this: https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/18/17369688/reuben-foster-gun-charge-felony-misdemeanor

it was illegal possession of an "assault weapon". Another article said it was a sbr... and if that was the case the atf would be all up in his ass. So I think it was one of those cosmetic features that got him in trouble as far as the gun charge. Scary flash hiders be scary, yo.

Who knows about the women though. The guy is trouble but the gun charge was bs.

this made me literally laugh out loud. 

13 hours ago, Poindexter said:

Last year they ran a 3-4 defense and he was a stud....they have switched to a 4-3 and he has been playing injured as well.  Mason Foster has one more year left and Zach Brown has 2 left.  Very young, very talented.  Reuben looks much better when your starting LBs will be 30 years old and like you stated, it will save a draft choice next year.

Ah. I had not realized they switched to a 4-3. We've seen what happens to players when you switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3 - Andre Carter being the most notable example.

Word is Rueben Foster HAS been claimed as of 21 minutes ago. Who that team is, has not been announced yet. One of the National media guys got a text saying browns claimed him, but that text was premature. Would be funny if it was us that got him 

edit: WOW. Apparently that mystery team was US. Now the question is will he get suspended....

Archived