Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Someone explain to me the Butt Fumble.  I guess it's kinda funny but I really don't get it.  Certainly not to the degree that OMFGZZZ DID YOU SEE THIS!?!??!? level of attention it got.  

It's only the most iconic football moment of this century.

Imagine an NFL player taking the snap, and completely failing on the handoff. Then, imagine said player deciding to scramble to save the broken play.

Ok, not a bad decision. It happens all the time.

Now, it's time to run. Sanchez had a host of options: Run into the back of his lineman, try to get him to push the line forward; slide and take a small loss; lower your head and try to gain some hard fought yards. What does he do?

All three at once.

Dude nonchalantly runs at 80% of light speed directly towards his lineman. At the last moment, his brain perhaps catches up to the idea that maybe that isn't the best course of action, and he should probably slide. However, it's too late to slide, or maybe he was just trying to slide under the legs of his lineman like a toddler on a water slide. Whatever the case, he slips and ends up face to ass, on one of the larger asses in the NFL. He face-ass connection is so strong, it pinballs him straight back, and causes him not only a mouth full of cheek, but to fumble at the same time.

Runners are taught to find the nearest hole, and run through it. Sanchez did exactly that, though I'm not sure it was the right hole to run into.

I really like this move.  He's been to two AFC championship games, its not like he doesn't have playoff experience, heaven forbid something happen to Colt.  Sometimes that's all you can ask for from a backup QB.  He'd also make sense if we get stuck unable to get our QB of the future as the #3 guy, at least for next year.

13 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

His 5 year anniversary is coming up. He just needs to rear back and learn the playbook in 3 days.

giphy.gif

Its funny how things get exaggerated over time, it's a goofy play but his head doesn't hit that guys ass, it clearly hits his lower back.

39 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Mediocre for a mid-season street free agent is as good as they were gonna get.  And mediocre beats whatever Paxton Lynch is, which isnt even that.  If Paxton Lynch even had potential, Denver woulda held on to him.  

Let's be honest Lynch did not get a fair chance in Denver for whatever reason. Hopefully Sanchez tenure with the Redskins ends the day after the season is over. Elway the GM is no Charlie Casserly. Denver has not solved their continued QB woes post Peyton Manning so how much stock can one put in Elway's evaluation? 

16 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Its funny how things get exaggerated over time, it's a goofy play but his head doesn't hit that guys ass, it clearly hits his lower back.

But you can see that the ball does hit the ass. Maybe that's how it got its name ?

My gosh, I see that it has its own wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble

45 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's only the most iconic football moment of this century.

Imagine an NFL player taking the snap, and completely failing on the handoff. Then, imagine said player deciding to scramble to save the broken play.

Ok, not a bad decision. It happens all the time.

Now, it's time to run. Sanchez had a host of options: Run into the back of his lineman, try to get him to push the line forward; slide and take a small loss; lower your head and try to gain some hard fought yards. What does he do?

All three at once.

Dude nonchalantly runs at 80% of light speed directly towards his lineman. At the last moment, his brain perhaps catches up to the idea that maybe that isn't the best course of action, and he should probably slide. However, it's too late to slide, or maybe he was just trying to slide under the legs of his lineman like a toddler on a water slide. Whatever the case, he slips and ends up face to ass, on one of the larger asses in the NFL. He face-ass connection is so strong, it pinballs him straight back, and causes him not only a mouth full of cheek, but to fumble at the same time.

Runners are taught to find the nearest hole, and run through it. Sanchez did exactly that, though I'm not sure it was the right hole to run into.

This is actually funnier than the play itself.  

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The ball hits the ass. Maybe that's how it got its name ?

Maybe I need my glasses but it looks like the ball hits the O linemans hammy, oh well, who cares, if Sanchez has to play meaningful snaps we're done so we better hope Colt stays healthy.

50 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He face-ass connection is so strong, it pinballs him straight back, and causes him not only a mouth full of cheek, but to fumble at the same time.

Amidst all of that, believe it or not, he's actually lucky...He looked like he could have easily gotten a concussion from the way his helmet was jolted.

3 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Not sure what NFL starting caliber QBs you expected to be sitting by the phone. I reckon we could call Kurt Warners old grocery store, apparently they have a fairly good training program.

We should have signed Mark Rypien's daughter.

Now, regarding Sanchez, considering how many around here complained about our FO not drafting Mark Sanchez in 2009 that the guy was the real deal, I suspect that ES must be in joy for signing him.

Can I say:

74327304.jpg

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I work with Jets fans, and even they are laughing... Jets fans.... i mean, Come On, MAN!

Jets fans laughed when we traded Coles back to them for Santana Moss...

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Gruden in his press conference said Sanchez will have a package of a few plays for Thursday’s game.....he’s not actually thinking of putting him out there at all....,right? That would be stupid. 

Highly doubt it, but it doesn't hurt none to git them Cowboys coaches wonderin' lol...

I can't help but think this was a good opportunity to loot the best QB out there from someone's practice squad. 

I mean I can see why we'd get a vet, but aren't we always told if we are down to a 3rd QB we are toast anyways?

If true, why not grab someone that has potential upside, since we will be needing a QB to replace Alex sooner than later, anyways.  We get the pick of the litter. Sure maybe the litter is all garbage, but at least they were on someones roster.  So how bad could they be.  Oh and have them bring their playbook along for when we play them next month.

12 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I can't help but think this was a good opportunity to loot the best QB out there from someone's practice squad. 

I mean I can see why we'd get a vet, but aren't we always told if we are down to a 3rd QB we are toast anyways?

We're always told that by other fans, yes lol...I can't remember the last time a coach said "Yeah, if we have to trot out Stoutmeyer as QB, we're toast for the season."

Archived