Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

We could probably get by with Bradford as a backup here. All he'd have to do is hand off he ball to AP and that would be it. Then again, Tress Way can probably do that and is still a better passer. :P

I guess the Bills, Raiders, and Jaguars could all be in the market for Bradford. All of them are trash, none of them could really be any worse.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

Bruce Irvin cut by the Raiders.  His role has been reduced recently, but Gruden is quoted as saying it's due to not being a scheme fit in the 4-3 because he is an edge rusher, which is exactly what we could use right now. Carries about a 4 million dollar price tag the rest of this year and then a 9 million dollar hit for next year. But of course we could cut him at any point with no penalty.  Might be worth the waiver claim, but who would get cut?  

the fact that the Raiders didn't want him doesn't mean anything to me, because I think Gruden is just absolutely ruining that team and chasing good players out of town.  Considering his Super Bowl came due to Monte kiffin's defense, Jon Gruden may be the most overrated coach in history.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804315

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/02/bruce-irvin-played-only-nine-defensive-snaps-against-49ers/amp/

Id take Irvin....

Cut Jehu Chesson

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Bruce Irvin released by the Raiders, if he clears waivers would he be a good pickup?. 

HTTR 

I doubt he clears waivers, someone will take him.  He could be used as a situational pass rusher, at a cost of about 4 million.  I think quite a few teams would like to add him.

Since we are picking towards the back end with a 5-2 record, the skins probably don't have a shot.  But he would definitely have a role on this team.  

Open to signing guys who can help now and won't hurt the cap next year. 

Not going to pretend I understand why Irvin wasn't a fit and productive in Oakland. Then again. Nobody seems be in Oakland right now. 

Defense has been great at times. Need to keep getting to the QB a lot. 

6 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I doubt he clears waivers, someone will take him.  He could be used as a situational pass rusher, at a cost of about 4 million.  I think quite a few teams would like to add him.

Since we are picking towards the back end with a 5-2 record, the skins probably don't have a shot.  But he would definitely have a role on this team.  

Basically this means nobody would even offer a 7th rounder for him when the trade deadline came and went.  Guess you can make a short list of teams that wouldn't take him on waivers with this consideration. Redskins should 100% put a waiver claim on him. 

NFL.COM

Unlike those roster moves, the Raiders reap nothing from releasing Irvin, which comes just days after the trade deadline. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Oakland was willing to take a late-round draft pick in exchange for Irvin, but the end's remaining $3.7 million salary proved to be a roadblock to acquiring that compensation. Given that, Pelissero reports Irvin is likely to clear waivers and become a free agent.

I’m not saying Jon Gruden is a good coach but I also don’t diagree with his moves. That Raiders team wasn’t going to legitimately compete so I understand the trades/releasing of players.

Except for the anomaly of a good season 3 years ago, they have been mediocre at best. I’d also go ahead and get rid of Carr  if I could get a high draft pick back.

9 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Basically this means nobody would even offer a 7th rounder for him when the trade deadline came and went.  Guess you can make a short list of teams that wouldn't take him on waivers with this consideration. Redskins should 100% put a waiver claim on him. 

NFL.COM

Unlike those roster moves, the Raiders reap nothing from releasing Irvin, which comes just days after the trade deadline. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Oakland was willing to take a late-round draft pick in exchange for Irvin, but the end's remaining $3.7 million salary proved to be a roadblock to acquiring that compensation. Given that, Pelissero reports Irvin is likely to clear waivers and become a free agent.

Plus you would also have had to deal with his 9m salary slated for 2019 (by taking on his contract via trade). Wouldn't be against him being here at the right price though.

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I was never fully on the Dez train, but I am now.

Desperate times have come, which require desperate measures.

It can't get any worse. There is still a reasonable chance at playoffs, but only if we make the right moves.

He's working out with the Saints

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

He's working out with the Saints

I know, that made me even more interested that he signs (if they don't), or wishful that he did sign.

Saints are playin the best football right now, so if they believe he could help a team on the way to the Super Bowl, and they could make room for him on a roster that good, then Dez must have something to offer.

He's supposed to workout tomorrow, so nothing is certain yet

Dez will likely end up signing with a contender where he can use all that is left in his gas tank as a 3rd WR option.  It will maximize what he has left, while still being able to somewhat fly under radars of defenses.

I wouldn't mind having him on this roster, however the idea that he is going to come here and all of a sudden it transforms the passing offense is wishful thinking.

11 minutes ago, CounterTrey said:

Dez worked out for the Saints and looked real good

saints are going to offer him a contract. Skins asleep at the wheel again 

I mean, the team with Michael Thomas thinks they're deficient and brings in Dez.  We bring in Michael Floyd and Breshad Perriman.

Archived