Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So we're cool with a 4th for a rental safety?  A minute ago, we werent cool with a rental WR.

I think it's a little different. Our WR are running free and we still aren't connecting with them. Adding a rental WR would make little sense.

Adding Clinton-Dix builds on a strength and just in time to face Falcons and Houston high-octane offenses. 

Pretty savvy. 

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So we're cool with a 4th for a rental safety?  A minute ago, we werent cool with a rental WR.

Couple of things

1. If they don’t resign Haha they will more likely then not get that pick back in comp pick the following year. 30+ year old receivers wouldn’t give them that

2. Outside of the Pats trade for Josh Gordon imo those teams overpaid. I do wish that they had flipped a 5th for Josh

3. They didn’t have the cap room to assume the contracts of Tate or Thomas without cutting or restructuring. Haha is on his rookie deal so not an issue

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

I think it's a little different. Our WR are running free and we still aren't connecting with them. Adding a rental WR would make little sense.

Adding Clinton-Dix builds on a strength and just in time to face Falcons and Houston high-octane offenses. 

Pretty savvy. 

Plus HHCD is 25, not the wrong side of 30 with a declining skill set.

I like the rental for a few reasons, and I also have one small worry.  I worry that starting Ha-Ha will mess with the team's chemistry.  Obviously, our defense has been communicating and playing well.  Perhaps the chemistry will be less of a problem since Ha-Ha is an Alabama boy.  He'll have Allen, Payne, Anderson, and Dion Hamilton to help him adjust.  If he plays well, that brotherhood might help persuade him to stay for a reasonable contract.  I've always thought that this would be Norman's last season.  If Norman does go, Ha-Ha would help our relatively young CBs.

1 minute ago, dswerdlw said:

I like the rental for a few reasons, and I also have one small worry.  I worry that starting Ha-Ha will mess with the team's chemistry.  Obviously, our defense has been communicating and playing well.  Perhaps the chemistry will be less of a problem since Ha-Ha is an Alabama boy.  He'll have Allen, Payne, Anderson, and Dion Hamilton should help him adjust.  If he plays well, that brotherhood might help persuade him to stay for a reasonable contract.  I've always thought that this would be Norman's last season.  If Norman does go, Ha-Ha would help our relatively young CBs.

He's an Alabama alum, so hopefully the shared culture will help him blend right in. 

(even though I suspect he left Bama before the others got there)

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Probably a response to Dallas adding Cooper and Eagles adding Tate. 

I agree to a point but look at the Eagles. They are a funnel passing offense. So it was needed as they still have to play them two times. The Cowboys imo were morons to give a first round pick for Cooper and don’t think that plays a part in this plus they already beat them

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

He's an Alabama alum, so hopefully the shared culture will help him blend right in. 

(even though I suspect he left Bama before the others got there)

Right. I jhave the feeling that he went back and visited with the team often.  He might have been in contract with our guys as they prepared to leave 'Bama and come into the league etc.

5 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I like the rental for a few reasons, and I also have one small worry.  I worry that starting Ha-Ha will mess with the team's chemistry.  Obviously, our defense has been communicating and playing well.  Perhaps the chemistry will be less of a problem since Ha-Ha is an Alabama boy.  He'll have Allen, Payne, Anderson, and Dion Hamilton to help him adjust.  If he plays well, that brotherhood might help persuade him to stay for a reasonable contract.  I've always thought that this would be Norman's last season.  If Norman does go, Ha-Ha would help our relatively young CBs.

Was just listening to Hoffman who has a mega man crush on Nicholson so I am sure it pains him some but he said that Nicholson is a little banged up and suggested some of the backfield communication issues involved Nicholson.

I've not really paid close attention to Nicholson so not sure if PFF is on to something or not but they have him rated as one of the worst safeties in the league and recall reading somewhere that Nicholson missed 9 tackles in a recent game.

Having said that, I don't know if its Nicholson related this move.  For me I'd like this move much more if they find a way to keep him after the season.  I like the idea of Seattle style having 2 big time safeties. 

Though I admit I haven't really digested Dix aside from his PFF score and he seemed to be a ball hawk and played well in the games that I watched him play including against us.

Have to admit every time I hear/see "Redskins trade..." I think WTF did they do now? But this is a great move. No matter how it turns out can;t fault them for making the move. 

Not a BA fan at all, but have to give him credit here. Someone did a good job getting this in front of the team and Bruce made it happen. Good job by the FO and that's good reflection on BA. Have to give him credit where credit is due. 

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Have to admit every time I hear/see "Redskins trade..." I think WTF did they do now? But this is a great move. No matter how it turns out can;t fault them for making the move. 

Not a BA fan at all, but have to give him credit here. Someone did a good job getting this in front of the team and Bruce made it happen. Good job by the FO and that's good reflection on BA. Have to give him credit where credit is due. 

Yeah my issues with their FA-trade approach over the years as I've spelled out too many times is this

1. I don't like buying so much 2nd-3rd tier players for the same price or close enough where you can buy a first tier guy.  I'd rather have a top guy than multiple guys who aren't top guys.

2.  They leave some glaring holes that IMO can be fixed or at least they can make better.  For years it was NT.  The latest one is LG.

3.  As Jerry Brewer likes to say, the FO has gone from Vinny Cerrato over the top aggressive to the opposite extreme too often.  I get the idea that some have that aggressive means you will get burned and are conditioned that way via the Vinny years -- but aggressive doesn't have to mean bad see Howie Roseman.

This move fits both category 1 and 3 for me so its a winner with me.   And like I was saying earlier, Peterson at 33 is having a monster year, we have a 34 year old QB.  We have a weak schedule.  The defense is relatively healthy.  So ride that wave, go for it. 

Yep that sums it all up NickyJ haha

Lol ok ok I know there's some of you that..lurke around other teams sites?..what are they all saying..prob nothing with the huge lump in there throats.. oh and I absolutely love how they bring him in just before we play the Falcons

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's DJ's take on this?.. and did our defense really improve that much more?

Imo yes they did. The opponents on the schedule remaining

Falcons - funnel passing offense

Eagles x2 - funnel passing offense

Bucs - funnel passing offense

Texans - funnel passing offense

Adding a top safety with this schedule just makes too much sense

Archived