Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

We don't have the funds, we have a lot to re-sign after this year and Tate will be expensive. Philly has the luxury of a QB on a rookie deal... 

They've got one more year and then the bill on Wentz will come due.  They're not in any better cap space situation than we are.  

And who do we have to re-sign?  Preston Smith? Jamison Crowder?   Ty Nsekhe?  We dont have very many, if any, "must" signs.  We have some "it would be nice if we did" guys.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if they let him go they might just get the third rounder right back as a comp pick. 

Tate will get paid next offseason somewhere. But a 'third right back' needs put in context. More like a 5th or 4th at a stretch, in the 2020 draft. 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

They've got one more year and then the bill on Wentz will come due.  They're not in any better cap space situation than we are.  

And who do we have to re-sign?  Preston Smith? Jamison Crowder?   Ty Nsekhe?  We dont have very many, if any, "must" signs.  We have some "it would be nice if we did" guys.

Agreed Tate or someone else. We have to find a WR. So they better make some room or let someone go that is long in the tooth or isn't working out. 

We signed Smith because he was a cheaper option over Cousins. Use that money saved somewhere.

Wow sure makes you wonder when the Skins pick up the likes Perriman (I think he was here for a day) Floyd and Quick while players like GT and DT could be had for middle round picks. That's just disappointing. I wouldn't have traded a 1st or 2nd for any of them so I didn't include Dallas getting Cooper for a 1st. 

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I believe we only have $20M in cap after this year. That doesn't give us much to re-sign and hit FA with... Then add Tate to it and we're talking $10M to spend.

Point is, Tate on the Skins would more than likely be a one-year rental... which is something I don't want to waste for a 3rd round pick. Also, it reduces our cap rollover number.

7 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Wow sure makes you wonder when the Skins pick up the likes Perriman (I think he was here for a day) Floyd and Quick while players like GT and DT could be had for middle round picks. That's just disappointing. I wouldn't have traded a 1st or 2nd for any of them so I didn't include Dallas getting Cooper for a 1st. 

You're teetering on the edge of crazy talk

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

2nd round pick.

Haha okay, 60th pick, come on.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Tate will get paid next offseason somewhere. But a 'third right back' needs put in context. More like a 5th or 4th at a stretch, in the 2020 draft. 

He's put up big numbers -- 4th I think at worse.  Id be stunned if its a 5th.  If I recall that would be less than Paul Richardson.  Tate is the better player.  Look at the FAs next year for WRs slim pickings, he will get paid IMO if he makes it there.

I watch every Eagles game being married into an Eagle family.

They're biggest concerns are running the football to close out the game or stopping the pass to close out the game.

Wentz's numbers are arguably better than last year already.  Tate will help, but it doesn't fix their biggest needs.  RB or CB.

20 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I believe we only have $20M in cap after this year. That doesn't give us much to re-sign and hit FA with... Then add Tate to it and we're talking $10M to spend.

Point is, Tate on the Skins would more than likely be a one-year rental... which is something I don't want to waste for a 3rd round pick. Also, it reduces our cap rollover number.

You're teetering on the edge of crazy talk

Haha okay, 60th pick, come on.

How is being disappointed we haven't improved our WRs when we knew it was an issue going into the season and has now been an issue up to this point in the season? What do we have under 200 passing yards 3 weeks in a row? Part of that is QB play but no one is worried about any of our WRs allowing teams to to focus on Reed and the box. A 3rd might be stretching it but a 4th, that's not much of a price to pay to upgrade a position of need. 

Also, I said disappointed. I didn't say pissed off or mad and started ranting that this is some massive mistake and I'm getting ready to abandon the season. It sucks to see our rivals get stronger at a position we are weak at, if that's crazy talk I guess guilty as charged. 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's put up big numbers -- 4th I think at worse.  Id be stunned if its a 5th.  If I recall that would be less than Paul Richardson.  Tate is the better player.  Look at the FAs next year for WRs slim pickings, he will get paid IMO if he makes it there.

I agree, could see him getting $10-$12M/yr, but I certainly don't want to be the team that gives it to him. He's on the wrong side of 30, especially for his size and skillset.

53 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I really hope the Eagles give Tate a big extension. Paying 30+ receivers big money is almost always a bad idea. Especially ones that rely on quickness.

He will help this year though - he makes them better right now.

Wentz will need an extension or fifth year option in 2020.

I would've thought that RB would be a bigger priority for them over trading for a WR.

Archived