Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's put up big numbers -- 4th I think at worse.  Id be stunned if its a 5th.  If I recall that would be less than Paul Richardson.  Tate is the better player.  Look at the FAs next year for WRs slim pickings, he will get paid IMO if he makes it there.

I think Tate is a good fit in the very short term. His value is being overstated, in my opinion, thereafter.

27 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I agree, could see him getting $10-$12M/yr, but I certainly don't want to be the team that gives it to him. He's on the wrong side of 30, especially for his size and skillset.

If we ultimately want to upgrade at receiver, slim pickings in Fa in 2019 at the moment, Tate being one of the best of a weak crop.  So if we are improving, I'd presume it would be to take a stab at in the draft and it hasn't been the FOs wheel house to find receivers.

I wasn't screaming about trading for Tate.  I didn't have a strong opinion about him one way or another.  However, I do think Tate makes the Eagles tougher to stop.  and with both the Eagles and Cowboys (albeit I think they way overpaid) upgrading and making moves and we stay pat -- I'd hope that neither team overtakes us in the standings.  One of my issues with Bruce is IMO in FA/trade he ranges from bad to "meh" with occasional exceptions.  Howie Roseman wheels and deals and often comes out on top.

I think this season has been incredibly lucky for a change.  Fumbles are literally going their way.    Peterson has discovered the fountain of youth.   We have an easy schedule which is a surprise.  The defense has been very healthy.  Seems set up for a go for the kill mode.  If they don't make a move (and I am not saying make a move just to do one) and they fall behind, I think people will wonder.  The Eagles clearly are thinking to go for the kill now.  We are the team though with the 33 year old RB and 34 year old QB -- I think there should be some go for kill vibe from this FO. 

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think Tate is a good fit in the very short term. His value is being overstated, in my opinion, thereafter.

If this move helps them overtake us this year (not saying it does, got no idea), tough for me to say well maybe it will burn them in 2019 so I could feel good about that.  I think he's a really good player.  Eagles reporter on the air right now on 106.7 said he thinks they got a lot better, saying they struggled with YAC this year.  He just said Tate has the 2nd most YAC in the league this year.  He thinks they try to keep him but if not they think he'd get a big deal on the market and get their 3rd round pick right back as a comp. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we ultimately want to upgrade at receiver, slim pickings in Fa in 2019 at the moment, Tate being one of the best of a weak crop.  So if we are improving, I'd presume it would be to take a stab at in the draft and it hasn't been the FOs wheel house to find receivers.

I wasn't screaming about trading for Tate.  I didn't have a strong opinion about him one way or another.  However, I do think Tate makes the Eagles tougher to stop.  and with both the Eagles and Cowboys (albeit I think they way overpaid) upgrading and making moves and we stay pat -- I'd hope that neither team overtakes us in the standing.  One of my issues with Bruce is in FA/trade he ranges from bad to "meh" with occasional exceptions.  Howie Roseman wheels and deals and often comes out on top.

I think this season has been incredibly lucky for a change.  Fumbles are literally going their way.    Peterson has discovered the fountain of youth.   We have an easy schedule which is a surprise.  The defense has been very healthy.  Seems set up for a go for the kill mode.  If they don't make a move (and I am not saying make a move just to do one) and they fall behind, I think people will wonder.  The Eagles clearly are thinking to go for the kill now.  We are the team though with the 33 year old RB and 34 year old QB -- I think there should be some go for kill vibe from this FO. 

Especially when you consider the contract of the QB, and the FO literally saying we are in "win now" mode. If that is case, why don't you make a move?

Although I think P. Peterson or Jones would be a better move. Either probably makes the Defense #1. With AP rolling (and he has to continue to) and Alex being Alex, you can threaten the top offensive teams and realistically have a chance of making a serious run.

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Do you know which group of receivers in the NFL have the lowest drop rate? (Hint it's ours).

Maybe because Smith doesn't throw to our WR's at all? I'm pretty sure our WR's are the least targeted group in the entire league.

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Especially when you consider the contract of the QB, and the FO literally saying we are in "win now" mode. If that is case, why don't you make a move?

Although I think P. Peterson or Jones would be a better move. Either probably makes the Defense #1. With AP rolling (and he has to continue to) and Alex being Alex, you can threaten the top offensive teams and realistically have a chance of making a serious run.

Yeah for me it doesn't have to be a receiver, I am ok with upgrading the defense.   But Roseman with a go for a kill approach has quickly made the last place team in the NFC east a Superbowl champ and he clearly thinks he can overtake the Redskins and win the division again. 

It doesn't have to be this long slow burn IMO as some purport to become a contender.  But for arguments sake lets say its ALL about going young and ALL about the draft.  They've made their bed on that point.  I agree to embrace the draft and they've done that well of late but they clearly aren't obsessed with youth.   The 2 key players on the team right now -- their star RB and starting QB are old.    If you are playing that hand just go for it -- don't play it half way IMO. 

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Maybe because Smith doesn't throw to our WR's at all? I'm pretty sure our WR's are the least targeted group in the entire league.

That doesn't affect percentages, bro. 9/10 or 900/1000 is still 90%

it just means that they ain't dropping it.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of my issues with Bruce is IMO in FA/trade he ranges from bad to "meh" with occasional exceptions.  

Really? You were screaming for Richardson and they got him. They re-signed Zach Brown, signed Swearinger. Given the available cap space, I'm very happy with what they did and would give it much more than a "meh." 

I honestly don't recall anyone saying that we're in win-now mode... although that should essentially be assumed that all teams are in that mindset. Yes, we have a 33 y/o RB, but we also have an extremely talented RB who will return next year. Yes our QB is 34, but it seems pretty obvious that the plan is to do what the Chiefs did and groom a high draft pick under him. For as much as we're in win-now mode, we're also built long-term with some very good recent drafts under our belt.

Just now, MartinC said:

Drop RATE is independent of volume of targets. 

Volume matters. I suppose a nobody receiver who has 5 targets and 5 receptions would be better than any receiver with a high volume of targets and even 1 drop? Kind of hard to drop the ball when your QB doesn't throw it to you. My point being it's a bit disingenuous to say our WR's as a group are fine because they don't drop the ball, without taking into consideration they are the least targeted group of WR's in the league.

Regardless, using drop rate as a lone metric for WR effectiveness is silly. Anybody who has working eyes can see our WR's, as a group, are one of the weakest units in the league. There is no big play ability, they cannot get separation on a regular basis, etc. 

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wow .... this would've been a good move for us. 

I feel like we don't really have anyone smart enough in our organization to make savvy mid-season trades that make sense for the team. 

When was the last time we did this? 

Archived