Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Soooo, the Broncos are in immediate need of a seasoned backup QB.

Colt. McCoy. They already took one of our cast-offs in Kevin Hogan, let's send them the good stuff this time. In fact, we can sweeten the deal. Colt McCoy for Demarius Thomas, AND we can take that old used clunker to the dump for them, Sua Cravens.

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Colt. McCoy. They already took one of our cast-offs in Kevin Hogan, let's send them the good stuff this time. In fact, we can sweeten the deal. Colt McCoy for Demarius Thomas, AND we can take that old used clunker to the dump for them, Sua Cravens.

So in other words you want us to trade the only viable QB we have.  ?  How about Smith for a 3rd and they can have Mr. Checkdown and that huge contract.

40 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

So in other words you want us to trade the only viable QB we have.  ?  How about Smith for a 3rd and they can have Mr. Checkdown and that huge contract.

2 new franchise QBs on 2 new contracts on one single team? I don't see how any team could possibly not want that.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Soooo, the Broncos are in immediate need of a seasoned backup QB.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Then all we'd be doing it swapping places with them, and we'd be the one in need of a decent backup QB.

I would actually look at getting DJAX back, the top rated WR's in the upcoming draft are low 1st round picks and there isn't much available in free agency.

He's been healthy this year, I watched him take an end around for a 20 yard TD last week, he's doing what he can to help his current team and he knows this offense, my fear is he wouldn't want to play with Alex but I'm not sure that's the case.

Who cares if we have P Rich, find a spot for both of them, this may be the last shot we have at a proven WR until the 2020 offseason.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Then all we'd be doing it swapping places with them, and we'd be the one in need of a decent backup QB.

WR is a more pressing problem for us. Backup QB, not so much. I suppose that's the story most teams roll with until it's 2 weeks before the playoffs and the starter is out for 4 weeks, but I'm not seeing huge playoff hopes anyway without a better passing game.

As for DJax and Garcon... DJax is tempting, but I've always loved Garcon more. I want someone with fire out there, Garcon had it and could play almost anywhere on the field.

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

WR is a more pressing problem for us. Backup QB, not so much. I suppose that's the story most teams roll with until it's 2 weeks before the playoffs and the starter is out for 4 weeks, but I'm not seeing huge playoff hopes anyway without a better passing game.

Right, I agree on the WR need. But you still have to have a plan in place to replace McCoy. Right now we have no-one, not even on the PS.

You might upgrade the WR position, but unless you got a good plan to replace McCoy, you'd be just one broken QB finger away from having a disaster at QB, thus defeating the purpose of the trade. In the long run it's good, because next offseason we could find a backup QB, and we'd still have the WR, but we could be throwing away this season with that move.

I think we're a playoff team right now, though it may be marginal. And I agree we need an upgrade to solidify those playoff chances. But remember, it's mid-season, so the new QB has to be able to learn the offense real real quick, in case of emergency. We've seen around the league the importance of the #2 QB. So, who you got taking McCoy's place ?

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think we're a playoff team right now, though it may be marginal. And I agree we need an upgrade to solidify those playoff chances. But remember, it's mid-season, so the new QB has to be able to learn the offense real real quick, in case of emergency. We've seen around the league the importance of the #2 QB. So, who you got taking McCoy's place ?

Matt Moore. He had a rough 2017 behind Cutler, but he's generally been a solid QB, certainly enough to be a backup. I love me some Colt, but I genuinely don't think he'd be enough to keep us afloat without better receivers like he had last time he started.

19 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Man I'm glad most of you are not gm's of the skins.... There is crazy talk in this thread...

Crazy talk is fun talk. Everyone agreeing that we need to do absolutely nothing at all would be kind of boring lol

45 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Crazy talk is fun talk. Everyone agreeing that we need to do absolutely nothing at all would be kind of boring lol

Suggesting the broncos would trade for a career 2nd string qb for a 1000 yard receiver brings no real talk... just posts... Lets discuss something real... or go to taligate.

5 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Suggesting the broncos would trade for a career 2nd string qb for a 1000 yard receiver brings no real talk... just posts... Lets discuss something real... or go to taligate.

Personally, I'd rather listen to crazy talk in the Stadium, than politics in the Tailgate. But that's just my preference.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw on twitter that Terrell Pryor is at a Nike store in VA with his girlfriend, and she bought a redskins shirt...we better not be re-signing that bum!! ?? that would be such a redskins move to “fix” the wide receiver position

I seriously don't see that happening.

After what transpired at the joint practices with the Jets-Skins

27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw on twitter that Terrell Pryor is at a Nike store in VA with his girlfriend, and she bought a redskins shirt...we better not be re-signing that bum!! ?? that would be such a redskins move to “fix” the wide receiver position

Maybe some people like the reds...ok man sorry I'll stop haha

58 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Personally, I'd rather listen to crazy talk in the Stadium, than politics in the Tailgate. But that's just my preference.

As would I, just thats crazy talk and would never happen...so just as well say what if we trade for obj, mack and watt.... we will be beasts... I mean there has to be some standard as to discussing a legitimate trade. Or at least some semblance of reality.

And why would we want BA to trade anyone he gets fleeced on every deal....

2 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

As would I, just thats crazy talk and would never happen...so just as well say what if we trade for obj, mack and watt.... we will be beasts... I mean there has to be some standard as to discussing a legitimate trade. Or at least some semblance of reality.

And why would we want BA to trade anyone he gets fleeced on every deal....

Trading for Demarius Thomas isn't crazy. Trading only Colt for him would be crazy. Trading something/someone along with Colt is not crazy.

Now for actually crazy stuff we shouldn't talk about? I guess you're right. Like talking about trading Khalil Mack for two first round draft picks. No one would do that! ?

One of the biggest problems in trading for a WR is the fact it takes time for anyone to get up to speed. What the Pats did with Gordon is a decent example and it really took close to 4 weeks for Gordon to get going. Speaking of which, Gordon was probably the right answer here trade wise. Cheap contract, still young, and not costing much in compensation. Garçon looks pretty washed up with a ton of money left on his contract. Thomas is young and better, but with one huge year left on his contract. And DJax would seem to be a poor fit in an offense where the QB doesn't throw downfield. And of course, all of them likely wouldn't do much for several weeks. Basically none seem like great options

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

One of the biggest problems in trading for a WR is the fact it takes time for anyone to get up to speed. What the Pats did with Gordon is a decent example and it really took close to 4 weeks for Gordon to get going. Speaking of which, Gordon was probably the right answer here trade wise. Cheap contract, still young, and not costing much in compensation. Garçon looks pretty washed up with a ton of money left on his contract. Thomas is young and better, but with one huge year left on his contract. And DJax would seem to be a poor fit in an offense where the QB doesn't throw downfield. And of course, all of them likely wouldn't do much for several weeks. Basically none seem like great options

But the offense has gone down field... with D. Jax on the roster... in this system.  D. Jax is probably the perfect fit.  He's got the ability to take the top off.  He's been in this system so there's little to no transition regarding terminology / playbook, and he's about the only thing available that can take a WR screen / Hitch route and go the distance, the thing this offense has lacked the most.  

And Alex doesn't need to throw the ball 80 yards for Jax to be effective.  In fact, he doesn't even need to truly change what he's doing.  Alex's numbers spiked last year because Hill could take that hitch / out route, and go the distance.  Jax can do that.  Any time he touches the ball he's a threat to score a td.  

We have to be worried about Dunny at this point, what if this injury becomes a thing and he's out a while.  I don't feel comfortable rolling the dice with rookies so we may need to make a move here, hopefully, that's not the case and they figure this nerve thing out.

Archived