Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Kendall Wright is a FA.  We should def sign him

He worked out for the team along with Floyd and Perriman among others.  I gather they weren't blown away because they signed at the time Floyd and Wright  but not him.  But yeah I thought it would be a decent signing too especially because he can play slot and they don't have a slot backup right now.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He worked out for the team along with Floyd and Perriman among others.  I gather they weren't blown away because they signed at the time Floyd and Wright  but not him.  But yeah I thought it would be a decent signing too especially because he can play slot and they don't have a slot backup right now.

Harris can play slot.

18 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Can he get on the field?

Yep. Was out there for 8 plays last week. In fact he was blocking on AP's big run late in the 4th quarter.

Now, the big question is: why not give him more reps and see what he can do? In limited reps last year, he showed up more than Doctson. But I have a feeling that Jay is being Jay. He likes someone, and once he does that, he's pretty blind to the truth about things.

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Yep. Was out there for 8 plays last week. In fact he was blocking on AP's big run late in the 4th quarter.

Now, the big question is: why not give him more reps and see what he can do? In limited reps last year, he showed up more than Doctson. But I have a felling that Jay is being Jay. He likes someone, and once he does that, he's pretty blind to the truth about things.

I like Harris, but i wouldnt say he showed up more than a guy who had 6 TD catches last year. Not to mention the amazing catch that helped us win in Seattle. The only big play that comes to my mind (at the moment) for Harris was the TD catch against the Vikings. 

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

Not getting enough balls thrown his way is  the report I heard... he was upset with the gameplans thus far.

Titans are a sinking ship

Given how our passing game has been thus far, it might be hard to convince him to sign here if that's why he's leaving the Titans.

Barring injury to Doctson, I don't care who we bring in because they won't see the field. We're trying to be "right" with this pick to a fault. 

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I like Harris, but i wouldnt say he showed up more than a guy who had 6 TD catches last year. Not to mention the amazing catch that helped us win in Seattle. The only big play that comes to my mind (at the moment) for Harris was the TD catch against the Vikings. 

Mo had 6 targets last year, hence why you didn't see him. He's big, he's tough, he has great hands, he blocks, he's a try-hard who loves being out there... we don't get any of that with Josh.

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Let me put things into perspective. Because it's kinda ridiculous.

Last year:

Targets: Catches: Yards: Catch %: TD's

Maurice Harris:    6            4            62     66.7%      1

Josh Doctson:    78          35          502    44.9%      6

Now, let's see what Harris would have going by these numbers if he has the same number of targets:

78           52          806    66.7%      13

And he blocks. Honestly, I'd much rather have Mo out there than Doctson.

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I also think that Harris takes Crowder or Richardson off the field when we need better blocking. Since we only have 3 TEs (and two are not known as blockers anyway), our 4-minute offense sees a lot more Harris.

6 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Let me put things into perspective. Because it's kinda ridiculous.

Last year:

Targets: Catches: Yards: Catch %: TD's

Maurice Harris:    6            4            62     66.7%      1

Josh Doctson:    78          35          502    44.9%      6

Now, let's see what Harris would have going by these numbers if he has the same number of targets:

78           52          806    66.7%      13

And he blocks. Honestly, I'd much rather have Mo out there than Doctson.

Doctson is looking more and more like a complete bust.  Can't get open, can't make catches in the clutch, has no feel for the fade.  Sad.

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Doctson is looking more and more like a complete bust.  Can't get open, can't make catches in the clutch, has no feel for the fade.  Sad.

Docston is a good route runner, has good hands and has a good feel for the fade.  His issue according to D-Hall is that he is very sensitive to footsteps which actually kills the part of the receiving game that he was supposed to be great at (it hurts most receivers but if 50-50 balls are supposed to be your specialty, you can never have alligator arms).  He also is not the blocker a guy with his size should be.

19 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Docston is a good route runner, has good hands and has a good feel for the fade.  His issue according to D-Hall is that he is very sensitive to footsteps which actually kills the part of the receiving game that he was supposed to be great at (it hurts most receivers but if 50-50 balls are supposed to be your specialty, you can never have alligator arms).  He also is not the blocker a guy with his size should be.

He's looked soft from day one and doesn't need have long left to prove otherwise.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

He's looked soft from day one and doesn't need have long left to prove otherwise.

Yep, especially if it is the footsteps that is your issue and catching the contested balls is supposed to be your specialty, you got a problem that probably cannot be fixed. However, since he is a Scott guy who the Redskins got every excuse to benc, the fact he is still starting scares me.

Rough if Doctson doesn’t provide some sort of value. My hope entering the season was for him to come through situationally— 3rd and longs, inside opponents 30 yard line and jump balls. He did create a flag on a 3rd down throw inside the ten that resulted in a new set of downs and on the following play a TD. This is me reaching to find some positives, he needs to get it going. 

22 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

When I watch film, he gets muscled, WR's and CB's have become very physical during the past few years, you can't play in this league if you cant use your strength to maintain balance and find a way to use your hands to get separation without being flagged (they never call it anyway) unless you're one of those guys with blazing speed that nobody can cover.

He would probably excel at flag football.

Archived