Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

21 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'd look long and hard at Peterson. Man's young and wants out, there's got to be something with Norman we can put together for him.

They won't take Norman for him.

They don't want players. They want to stockpile picks and totally rebuild.

Also, I havn't heard that he wants out. I think the team just decided they'd transform their best player into multiple picks, since the rest of the team is in such bad shape.

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Oh God please get Peterson.. reunite him and two spoons...that would be a sick back field.. constant sacks possible turnovers..

Totally agree.  If your one piece away from a run this year it's another CB like Peterson.  They don't have any depth and at CB and only rookies if either Norman or Dunbar can't go. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Also, I havn't heard that he wants out. I think the team just decided they'd transform their best player into multiple picks, since the rest of the team is in such bad shape.

Peterson definitely wants out:

45 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Totally agree.  If your one piece away from a run this year it's another CB like Peterson.  They don't have any depth and at CB and only rookies if either Norman or Dunbar can't go. 

Yeah, I think he’d be a great addition to this D.  We’ve got a pretty formidable front, but are a bit up and down on the back end.  Next year, we could cut Norman, but I’m not sure how doable it is for this year.  

Peterson (IMO) brings the corner play we never quite got out of Norman (though he’s done some good things for us obviously).    

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

This is like his 8th or 9th year. Let’s just continue to build via the draft. 

Based on the team's recent history, I'd bet that's the direction they go.

In fact, they may have already gone that direction...

Who knows, even if Norman departs, they may decide they're okay going with Dunbar, Moreau, Stroman, Holsey, and Alexander.

I mean, there's greater emergencies at WR and LG, but they havn't exactly been foraging through possible trades at those positions.

With all these moves by the Raiders, I really wonder if they'll try to get rid of Carr soon. His contract is probably immovable, but it makes you really think about the idea of locking up a QB when you don't have a coach in place. A QB that's perfect for one system may be just a guy in another system. Really, this is true for all players but with all the money that's gone to QBs recently (Rodgers, Cousins, Smith, Stafford, Carr, Garoppolo, etc) it makes you think about how wise those decisions are if the coach gets fired the next year?

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Based on the team's recent history, I'd bet that's the direction they go.

In fact, they may have already gone that direction...

Who knows, even if Norman departs, they may decide they're okay going with Dunbar, Moreau, Stroman, Holsey, and Alexander.

I mean, there's greater emergencies at WR and LG, but they havn't exactly been foraging through possible trades at those positions.

Don't forget Danny Johnson

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Actually I'd love to see him out of our division.  He's a head case but one heck of a player.  If I am the Rams or Saints, I'd consider.

I don't think either of those teams need a WR, though. 

Maybe Chicago? Detroit? Jets (to stay in NY)? Browns (reunited with Landry)?

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Actually I'd love to see him out of our division.  He's a head case but one heck of a player.  If I am the Rams or Saints, I'd consider.

I cant stand the guy, but I would love to have that talent on our team. Be amazing if he leaves but no way they trade him after just doing that contract.

6 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I cant stand the guy, but I would love to have that talent on our team. Be amazing if he leaves but no way they trade him after just doing that contract.

Do they take on the burden of the cap hit if they trade him or does the team on the other end of the deal take that on? 

I do wish we were showing some activity.  I mean 4-2, up in the NFC East, this is a big chance to make a run. 

WR could be splash factor, but needed if Crowder and Richardson cannot heal up

G would make sense, practical given recent health and lack of depth

CB Peterson would likely make us all feel good.  Is there enough room for egos?  Swearinger, Norman and Peterson?  I think as long as winning continues, not an issue but the first few missed assignments and maybe we have too many supposed leaders trying to lead.

1 minute ago, RFK Lives said:

I do wish we were showing some activity.  I mean 4-2, up in the NFC East, this is a big chance to make a run. 

WR could be splash factor, but needed if Crowder and Richardson cannot heal up

G would make sense, practical given recent health and lack of depth

CB Peterson would likely make us all feel good.  Is there enough room for egos?  Swearinger, Norman and Peterson?  I think as long as winning continues, not an issue but the first few missed assignments and maybe we have too many supposed leaders trying to lead.

Guard would be the only position I'd be OK with given how much of a need it is. 

Archived