Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

29 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

We dont have a QB like Brees or a coach like Payton with a superbowl resume. 

So what?

Honestly, He wanted to be here. He wanted 2 cracks at Dallas a year.

Would he get pissed at Alex? I don't care. It might be a good thing.

The whole "headcase" thing was so over blown. He comes here, he's the best WR on the team.

I'm not even upset about it at this point.   It's become painfully apparent that Smith wouldn't have utilized him,  or been able to throw him open as a possession receiver.

The Saints are the best situation for him,  and if he doesn't work out with Brees,  he can kiss that next contract goodbye.   But i fully expect Brees to be savvy enough to make use of a receiver like him.  

3 hours ago, megared said:

I'm not even upset about it at this point.   It's become painfully apparent that Smith wouldn't have utilized him,  or been able to throw him open as a possession receiver.

The Saints are the best situation for him,  and if he doesn't work out with Brees,  he can kiss that next contract goodbye.   But i fully expect Brees to be savvy enough to make use of a receiver like him.  

He put up 800 yards with Dak Prescott throwing him the ball....without having to trade anything away Dez woulda been much better then Floyd/Perriman Bruce Allen’s failures are going to prove too difficult to overcome not having a backup plan for luvao who hasn’t completed a season in 4 years as a redskin and the signing of Paul Rich who was a third stringer on his old team was poor management of the team not to mention we extended Chris Thompson last year whom also has never finished a season are all reasons for Allen to be demoted or removed from the picture. I forgot to mention the QB situation as well but don’t want to get into it as half the franchise still believes Smith is a very good qb...

I am not saying Alex is good, but we also thought getting a good RB wouldn't matter because Jay would never run much anyways. Yet when AP got here, we started running the ball more. It's possible, if Alex had an actual WR (which Dez is), he might be more inclined to throw the ball more. Oh well.

13 minutes ago, dyst said:

I am not saying Alex is good, but we also thought getting a good RB wouldn't matter because Jay would never run much anyways. Yet when AP got here, we started running the ball more. It's possible, if Alex had an actual WR (which Dez is), he might be more inclined to throw the ball more. Oh well.

That's not the problem. It's the fact that he's pretty ineffective when he does. Throwing more isn't going to change that.

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Dez was*. He's not at all the WR that this scheme or QB would benefit from.

8 hours ago, dyst said:

Guys are open. He is either not throwing to them or missing them when he does. 

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

I hope, for Bruce's sake, that Dez is a flop.  Because there's no excuse to not have looked at him given how our WR situation has played out.  And given how they knew they needed help when they brought in those other WRs.

I guess they wanted to have some cap to roll over to next year??

I dont know if Dez would have addressed any of our problems .. but if clicked with Alex and Alex felt comfortable throwing to Dez once he completed his drop back, that would have been huge.

Idk ... im so depressed over the injuries. Like last year all over again but this time it might be worse. Praying this forces us to shake things up and guys respond to an emergency situation.

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like his confidence

Manusky runs some of the dumbest **** that i have ever seen..Instead of just of just lining the best 4 man front while sending a blitzer up the A gap he tries to get too damn cute with Kerrigan looping around and basicly running into the back of Payne...

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Manusky runs some of the dumbest **** that i have ever seen..Instead of just of just lining the best 4 man front while sending a blitzer up the A gap he tries to get too damn cute with Kerrigan looping around and basicly running into the back of Payne...

So, Rk is supposed to go in to gap between Allen and Payne. The LG literally throws Payne in the lane Kerrigan is supposed to rush from. He decides to go around. Payne recovers and goes to the same spot. Both were taken out by a good block by thier LG. 

I would be shocked - shocked I tell you, if Manusky - who has done a great job so far - drew up a blitz package that called for Kerrigan to crawl up Panyes back. Its up to the players to beat the guy in front of them. Payne got handled and blew up the rush. It's just as simple as that. 

I find it interesting that we have a top 10 D that is playing for the most part at a very high level yet people still complain. The offense has been well offensive. But the D is doing more than their share this season. 

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Allen/Williams would be wise to let bygones be bygones and re-sign Junior at a MUCH cheaper price.  This team lacks outside speed rush pressure on the QB.

According to Gallette, his answer from the Skins is there's a PS LB they really like.

Seems like have to be talking about McKinzy.

Had no idea Jay was in love in Cassanova.

But it could be untrue what the office said, and just used that as a political answer

On 11/7/2018 at 9:58 PM, goskins10 said:

Manusky - who has done a great job so far 

Until Manusky stops calling blitzes with soft zone behind them I refuse to say he’s doing a great job.  It’s both maddening and stupid.  

Also end of gane soft zone is a problem...

That said, he’s done a lot better than Barry and Haz.

I just can’t go “great” with that stupidity, especially on 3rd downs.  I’d give you “ok” and above average all day and you could probably talk me into “good.”  But not great....

On 11/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, TheBlueIndian said:

I think Brandon Marshall is out there as well. I know it didn't really work with the Shehawks but that is like running a scramble drill every time your QB drops back to pass. Maybe he could help us out. 

It's funny, people were talking about how much Dez was "done" and he has shown a hell of a lot more than Marshall has over the last couple years.

He has like 29 catches in the last 2 years, and is almost 35 years old. If Dez was a "pass", Marshall is "not if he was the last WR on earth".

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

It's funny, people were talking about how much Dez was "done" and he has shown a hell of a lot more than Marshall has over the last couple years.

He has like 29 catches in the last 2 years, and is almost 35 years old. If Dez was a "pass", Marshall is "not if he was the last WR on earth".

I'm pretty sure the people throwing Marshall's name around are the same people that were throwing Dez's name around. A certain few were the ones who said Dez was done. Those few aren't even bothering with putting down Marshall, it takes too little effort to make it worth a post.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:43 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I like his confidence

Kerrigan and Payne basically blocked each other on that one.

Our rush (even when bringing 6 like above) .. just never got home and didnt disrupt. Odd seeing us send extra guys but its like they just crashed into the O line instead of trying to get around guys .. 

edit - i dont think Kerrigan was assigned to do a stunt type move to the inside, i think the natural progression led him there. Unfortunately Payne tried to beat his guy to the left and Kerrigan and Payne basically slowed each other down. Kerrigna at that point tried to get his hands up, not a bad thought, if your blocked and few seconds have gone by get your hands up.

Archived