Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Dude isn't great but come on. He's had some pretty solid moments especially those first two years.

I work with Jets fans, and even they are laughing... Jets fans.... i mean, Come On, MAN!

Lol, it doesn't really matter that much anyway. If McCoy goes down, we are screwed either way... 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan and Vinny tried to trade up for Sanchez but got outbid by the Jets, guess they finally get their man 😎

for those hung up on defining a QB by a W-L record, Sanchez is a playoff QB, all the way to the championship game, and has a career better than 500 W-L record.

Twice as many playoff wins than Alex Smith. All he does is win.:silly:

Why Sanchez though? Our season rests on the defense, the run game and Colt anyway so why not bring in Paxton Lynch a young qb who has room to improve? Maybe Lynch would be a viable option going forward maybe not but Sanchez is mediocre at best. This absolutely, positively sucks 😣😤😭😔😳😡

11 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

All he does is win.:silly:

Sanchez has done so over 77 games, too.  That can't be just some random coincidence.   Granted its just slightly over 500 but that's really all we need from a backup, a guy who will win more games then lose and take you deep in the playoffs if afforded the opportunity.  😎

Makes the most sense we got Sanchez.   Hope he's game ready with how much McCoy likes to run!

7 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

Why Sanchez though? Our season rests on the defense, the run game and Colt anyway so why not bring in Paxton Lynch a young qb who has room to improve? Maybe Lynch would be a viable option going forward maybe not but Sanchez is mediocre at best. This absolutely, positively sucks 😣😤😭😔😳😡

Sanchez was coached by numerous coaches that are on the Skins staff.

On a side note, the leg was 33 years to the day of JT's...

The Butt fumble will be exactly 6 years to the day this Thursday...

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sanchez has done so over 77 games, too.  That can't be just some random coincidence.   Granted its just slightly over 500 but that's really all we need from a backup, a guy who will win more games then lose and take you deep in the playoffs if afforded the opportunity.  😎

66.7 winning % in the playoffs, what more can you ask for?

11 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

Mediocre for a mid-season street free agent is as good as they were gonna get.  And mediocre beats whatever Paxton Lynch is, which isnt even that.  If Paxton Lynch even had potential, Denver woulda held on to him.  

But either way, I'm not losing sleep over whoever they were gonna sign.  Nobody that was available was gonna come in off the couch and save our season if Colt goes down.  

6 minutes ago, Dancing Bear said:

I hope we're not going for a re-enactment.

Yeah, after Sunday and Smith doing a 33rd anniversary re-enactment for Joe Theismann's leg, I think we should pass on a 6th anniversary of the butt-fumble.

Because, for starters, that means that Colt is out due to a injury. Sorry, I've had my fill for the year, thanks.

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

Yeah, after Sunday and Smith doing a 33rd anniversary re-enactment for Joe Theismann's leg, I think we should pass on a 6th anniversary of the butt-fumble.

Because, for starters, that means that Colt is out due to a injury. Sorry, I've had my fill for the year, thanks.

Yeah, that would be bad!!!!

28 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

Whoever you bring in, the pickings are slim. The goal isn't to find some "young QB for the future". The goal is to fill a six week void on the roster. Generally speaking, outside of some miracle, there isn't talent just sitting out there. The goal is to have a warm body that can play QB in a pinch if need be. As bad as Sanchez may be, I'd say that right now Sanchez is better than Lynch. Lynch only seemed to hang around the league based on draft status. Sanchez was at least competent enough to stay in the league for quite a while. And that's the end goal here. Who can they find that could take a few snaps if they had to? It's was virtually certain to be some veteran. Because the team isn't worried about developing someone one, they just need a warm body. The offseason is when you try to make substantial changes to the position.

Archived