Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The public wants to use the NFL as public images but in fact, the NFL is actually doing a great thing by allowing these "bad guys" continue their lives and not shaming them for what they want to do.  How many people who have gone to jail for a petty offense  are not able to find a job afterwards? tons!!

This is all well and good for the drug offenders and whatever. You realize we're talking alleged domestic violence here, right? They should be shamed. As a bare minimum starter. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is all well and good for the drug offenders and whatever. You realize we're talking alleged domestic violence here, right? They should be shamed. As a bare minimum starter. 

So killing people is ok?  We have had tons of ex-players who have done that.  Domestic Violence is like a 1 compared to those offenses. 

4 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Fosters GF has addmited to lying about domestic violence on more than one occasion. This is still a PR nightmare no matter how you slice it.

I don't recall her saying she lied. She simply withdrew charges, which a heap of money is likely to do. Either way, like you said, it's a PR nightmare, and after hearing DJ call out teammates and seeing our team on the edge of crashing during the playoff run, I don't see any way this works out.

20 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

So killing people is ok?  We have had tons of ex-players who have done that.  Domestic Violence is like a 1 compared to those offenses. 

You answered it yourself. They're ex-players. They're gone. Ray Lewis is the closest you can get to it, but he kept his head down every day since. Ray Lewis is a redemption story to the NFL, deserved or not, because he knew he had to stay squeaky clean after screwing up so monumentally. A dude who can't go a year without getting himself in trouble isn't going to make for a feel good story, no matter how hard they try to polish him. Did you see how long it took to get Plaxico Burress back into the fold? Michael Vick? Reuben has to keep his head down from now on to make it work, and he already failed that after 10 months.

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I don't recall her saying she lied. She simply withdrew charges, which a heap of money is likely to do. Either way, like you said, it's a PR nightmare, and after hearing DJ call out teammates and seeing our team on the edge of crashing during the playoff run, I don't see any way this works out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/620973002

I was listening to First take this morning and ESPN reported that one team (Eagles) called the local police to ask about the investigation. After talking to the police they choose not to put in a waiver claim.

They also highlighted that the only team that put in a claim, being the Skins, didn't call the police, which obviously isn't a good look.

10 hours ago, kleese said:

I think this is important... its also important to look at the context of things.   He's dating a different girl now, and his ex ended up at the team hotel while the team was on the road in Tampa.   I think we need to know more about why she was there, and the way things come down before I'm willing to write him off as someone who beats his girlfriend.  If we're going to look at facts, we need to question the girlfriends integrity just as quickly as we question Fosters.  I think we put in a claim on a potentially high end talent with the hopes of seeing how things shake out.  If this was the Patriots, Steelers, or Packers, nobody would be questioning it, in fact they would be applauding it stating they are doing their due diligence in potentially getting a cutting edge talent.  

All of that aside, I don't know if this is the best thing for THIS team right now.  They did the right thing by appearing to keep him at arms reach until the final verdict is cast... but where we go from here could seriously be a major issue.  We don't owe him a cent until he plays for this team, so right now the risk is very minimal.  If it comes out yet again that this young woman instigated an issue and filed a false claim, then the Redskins are going to look smart.  If it comes out that he is guilty, we have to act swift and quick and separate ourselves from him.  The waiver pick up isn't necessarily the black mark.... it's where we go from here.  

17 hours ago, kleese said:

But for me, as long as he doesn’t practice or play, I think it’s OK to let the process play out while claiming his rights. He can’t practice with the team or attend games.... we aren’t just blowing off the accusations. We are saying we are willing to take the blowback and claim him for when after this process is complete. I think it’s alright 

I'm still stuck asking the following questions:

Why would the team align itself with an alleged domestic abuser?

There's an investigation going on. Why not at least call the local police to see what are the chances that this is all a misunderstanding?

Why take on all that PR risk for what, a good player with 2 years remaining on their rookie deal?

We come out looking like we are trying to benefit from what his a nasty situation with a lot of unknowns. The ideal situation for us is that the accuser is nuts and isn't a creditable witness.

From an organizational culture side is that who we are/want to be? 1 of the 32 teams monitored the situation closely and had to cut bait on someone they drafted in the first round only  they just drafted a couple off-seasons ago. 30 other teams didn't want to touch him until more information is known. It looks like one team did minimal investigating, held a meeting where the room was split and decided to proceed. Why do we have to be that one team? 

17 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I'm still stuck asking the following questions:

Why would the team align itself with an alleged domestic abuser?

There's an investigation going on. Why not at least call the local police to see what are the chances that this is all a misunderstanding?

Why take on all that PR risk for what, a good player with 2 years remaining on their rookie deal?

We come out looking like we are trying to benefit from what his a nasty situation with a lot of unknowns. The ideal situation for us is that the accuser is nuts and isn't a creditable witness.

From an organizational culture side is that who we are/want to be? 1 of the 32 teams monitored the situation closely and had to cut bait on someone they drafted in the first round only  they just drafted a couple off-seasons ago. 30 other teams didn't want to touch him until more information is known. It looks like one team did minimal investigating, held a meeting where the room was split and decided to proceed. Why do we have to be that one team? 

To me that’s the definition of risk. To be the one to try something when others aren’t willing. If ten teams claimed him then this wouldn’t be a story. 

And here is a HUGE problem I have with this situation and others like it...

this happened less than 24 hours ago— and in that time many are claiming that the Redskins are split on the decision, didn’t investigate, and that Foster is an abuser. All of this is speculation reported as fact. I would imagine that yes, it’s unlikely 100% of people in a room would agree to this... but it also doesn’t mean it’s some sort of internal war— they disagree on who to draft or sign as well. I just hate the media and fans talk about these things in such black and white terms as if all facts have been presented and laid out before them on a table. 

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

I think this is important... its also important to look at the context of things.   He's dating a different girl now, and his ex ended up at the team hotel while the team was on the road in Tampa.   I think we need to know more about why she was there, and the way things come down before I'm willing to write him off as someone who beats his girlfriend.  If we're going to look at facts, we need to question the girlfriends integrity just as quickly as we question Fosters.  I think we put in a claim on a potentially high end talent with the hopes of seeing how things shake out.  If this was the Patriots, Steelers, or Packers, nobody would be questioning it, in fact they would be applauding it stating they are doing their due diligence in potentially getting a cutting edge talent.  

All of that aside, I don't know if this is the best thing for THIS team right now.  They did the right thing by appearing to keep him at arms reach until the final verdict is cast... but where we go from here could seriously be a major issue.  We don't owe him a cent until he plays for this team, so right now the risk is very minimal.  If it comes out yet again that this young woman instigated an issue and filed a false claim, then the Redskins are going to look smart.  If it comes out that he is guilty, we have to act swift and quick and separate ourselves from him.  The waiver pick up isn't necessarily the black mark.... it's where we go from here.  

I agree that we need more information to fully understand what's going on, but let's just look at how 2018 has looked for Foster:

• January 13th - Arrested n Tuscaloosa, Alabama for second-degree marijauna possession - charge got dismissed May 24 upon his completion of a diversion program.
  • February 11th - Arrested in Los Gatos for alleged domestic violence against Elissa Ennis - She withdrew her complaint, but the NFL investigated and suspended him 2 games for the legal issue. 
  • June 6th - He pleaded no contest to the weapons violation and was put on two years probation and sentenced to 30 days of community service.
  • July 3rd - He was suspended for 2 games by the NFL under its personal conduct and substance abuse policies.
  • October 12th - Police were called to a location jointly occupied by Foster/Ennis when their neighbors called after a loud argument. It started over things found on Foster's cell phone, according to police, who told the couple to peacefully resolve the situation and didn't make any arrests. 
  • November 24th - Arrested in Tampa for domestic abuse against Ennis at the team's hotel. 
  • November 25th - 49ers release Foster, citing they "laid out some very specific ground rules for Reuben" and in the Q&A portion of John Lynch's comments said "He didn’t protect the team". 
  • November 27th - The Washington Redskins are the only team to put in a waiver claim for Reuben Foster, so he's now a member of their team 

That's a pretty crappy, long list of bad things. Even if his ex-girlfriend is completely crazy we have to ask why he didn't have a restraining order or why does he continue to allow these people in his life? 

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that this is Greg Hardy v2.0. The only difference is that it's not the Cowboys who's embarrassed. 

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

I agree that we need more information to fully understand what's going on, but let's just look at how 2018 has looked for Foster:

• January 13th - Arrested n Tuscaloosa, Alabama for second-degree marijauna possession - charge got dismissed May 24 upon his completion of a diversion program.
  • February 11th - Arrested in Los Gatos for alleged domestic violence against Elissa Ennis - She withdrew her complaint, but the NFL investigated and suspended him 2 games for the legal issue. 
  • June 6th - He pleaded no contest to the weapons violation and was put on two years probation and sentenced to 30 days of community service.
  • July 3rd - He was suspended for 2 games by the NFL under its personal conduct and substance abuse policies.
  • October 12th - Police were called to a location jointly occupied by Foster/Ennis when their neighbors called after a loud argument. It started over things found on Foster's cell phone, according to police, who told the couple to peacefully resolve the situation and didn't make any arrests. 
  • November 24th - Arrested in Tampa for domestic abuse with Ennis. 
  • November 25th - 49ers release Foster, citing they "laid out some very specific ground rules for Reuben" and in the Q&A portion of John Lynch's comments said "He didn’t protect the team". 
  • November 27th - The Washington Redskins are the only team to put in a waiver claim for Reuben Foster, so he's now a member of their team 
  •  

That's a pretty crappy, long list of bad things. Even if his ex-girlfriend is completely crazy we have to ask why he didn't have a restraining order or why does he continue to allow these people in his life? 

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that this is Greg Hardy v2.0. The only difference is that it's not the Cowboys who's embarrassed. 

Oh i get it... as I mentioned in the other thread (sorry i'm kind of bouncing back and forth) I'm concerned with us having him as a long term option because he is so close to missing significant time.  The NFL could drop the hammer very quickly if there is another incident, regardless of the outcome of this particular investigation, then we're stuck. 

http://nfltraderumors.co/broncos-waive-ol-cyrus-kouandjio/

Arie's brother and former 2nd rounder... out of Alabama.

I assume he'll be signed by tomorrow by the Skins

__________________________________________________________________________________

http://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-tried-out-lb-marcus-smith/

Howard Balzer @HBalzer721
FollowFollow @HBalzer721
More

Redskins tryout: LB Marcus Smith. 

first rounder by the Eagles in 2014.

According to the NFL's Next Gen Stats, Benjamin is dead last in the league in catch rate at 35 percent. Catch rate is the percentage of targets that result in a reception. 

Benjamin has been criticized all season by Buffalo fans for being out of shape and a perceived lack of effort. Bills' coaches are already reducing Benjamin's role in the offense in favor of younger players. It appears many fans hope that role is reduced to zero.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/12/02/kelvin-benjamin-buffalo-bills-wide-receiver-nfl-last-catch-rate-effort-cam-newton-shape-next-gen/2183980002/

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/12/redskins-to-sign-de-marcus-smith

Redskins To Sign DE Marcus Smith

he Redskins have agreed to sign former Eagles first round pick Marcus Smith. The defensive end may have an opportunity to make his D.C. debut on Sunday when the Redskins face the rival Giants.

Smith showed his wares for the Jets and Bills last month, but left both auditions without a deal. Instead, the Redskins will give him his first opportunity to play in 2018 after he reportedly flirted with retirement in the summer .

Archived