Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

• 2 weeks later...

Redskins made a few customary moves, but the one that stands out to me is that they cut Bibbs again. Why? He's been our most reliable back outside of Peterson. Most productive too. I have yet to see anything from Byron Marshall that impresses me.

Thinking Skins ?  I noticed letting Bibbs go was panned by every beat guy who covered the team, Jay mentioned in an interview I just saw to get Bibbs on the practice squad.  No dice.  Jay also admitted in a different interview they should have promoted Cobbs sooner and it stinks to see him leave because he was growing on the practice squad.

Another front office mistake.  When is Doug Williams going to get some flack for this move??  Oh, that's right he is not really the real General Manager is he?? They should have waived Marshal and he could have been put on practice squad.  No other NFL team would have claimed him.  So we get no compensation for Bibbs being claimed off waivers by Green Bay.  Any dumb General Manager could have made this move.

"There's no reason they should have had him still on the practice squad based off of how Michael Floyd and Maurice Harris have played," said Hoffman. "And I think why it angers so many people is that it seems to be an obsession by certain people, whether it's coaches — and I'm not talking just Jay — or front office people with certain players."

"An infatuation, and they can't get over it. And now it's cost them two good players that could have helped their football team."

Hoffman also noted both decisions were met with backlash not only from fans, but within the organization.

"It wasn't unanimous in the front office," Hoffman told Paulsen and Rouhier. "There's some people around that building who weren't exactly psyched about it."

"It is a sign that there are — I got to be really careful how I phrase this, because if you say there are warring factions — no, they had football disagreements. And different people have different opinions, and obviously some opinions go over others."

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-redskins-jay-gruden-obsessed-byron-marshall-not-kapri-bibbs

1 minute ago, redskindan07 said:

With the lack of quality QB's likely to be available if I were the front office I'd call Oakland about Carr and see what they are looking for

There is no way we can afford his payroll... him, alex and colt would combine for over $50 mil against the cap next year.

10 hours ago, justice98 said:

I refuse to get too worked up over Simmie Cobbs.  If I had to guess, he'll be available again.  

Bibbs, on the other hand, has actually done things in actual games.  Having him not in the fold will hurt, this year, and probably next.

This is kinda where i am. Cobbs lost out to Quinn and Simms as depth. But it hurt to sign Perriman  and Floyd over promoting him. Marshall i haven't understood since preseason. He's done nothing here except get hurt. But to me, even that is more like us cutting Mack and keeping Jones. It's not like Mack was going to be an all pro, but it's about rewarding production and not draft status. 

I uhh umm....didn't..when...so if I can remember correctly didn't bibbs have some pretty good plays with a handful turning into touchdowns?... It almost seems to me any time he filled in he scored..not saying every time he touched the ball he scored but ya to bad to see him go

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I uhh umm....didn't..when...so if I can remember correctly didn't bibbs have some pretty good plays with a hanful turning into touchdowns?... It almost seems to me any time he failed in he scored..not saying every time he touched the ball he scored but ya to bad to see him go

And he was far more healthy than Thompson and Marshall usually are. And pretty close in talent too.

That TD against Dallas was a huge key to victory, and he's got a knack for following blockers.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And he was far more healthy than Thompson and Marshall usually are. And pretty close in talent too.

That TD against Dallas was a huge key to victory, and he's got a knack for following blockers.

Bibbs is good, we should've dumped Perine over him... and losing Cobbs sucks, he was a nice signing and New Orleans knew it. 

Someone needs to kidnap Dan and make the ransom be Bruce's job.

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Bibbs is good, we should've dumped Perine over him... and losing Cobbs sucks, he was a nice signing and New Orleans knew it. 

Someone needs to kidnap Dan and make the ransom be Bruce's job.

You are suggesting kidnap and only want Bruce's job? Dream bigger... force a sell.

Archived