Makaveli

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To say it simply:

A. Dan bad

B. Bruce bad.

I'd like to change it to:

A. Dan bad

B. Next Gm is good

And maybe some of the good will balance out the bad or maybe it won't.  But what other shot or hope do we have?

Well, I am on the idea that a GM who would come in and lay it to Dan truthfully.  A GM who would look at the past blunders and PR nightmares and tell Dan that if " you want this team to turn around then you will have to just stay away from anything football-related and leave it to those who know what they're doing".

Just tell Snyder that way it is, lay the law down and let him decide if he wants this team to be successful. Its not a stretch to say that anyone looking for a job as a GM is going to be as cooperative and easy going and friendly during interviews, because they're looking for a job; they're looking to get paid just like everyone else, so coming off as a jerk isn't a good recipe for being hired.

But if ANYONE can get to Dan and have a discussion on why this organization is struggling, and be blunt without being insultingly disrespectful,  who knows what could happen. Snyder's eyes and mind are controlled by Bruce; its Bruce who has been brainwashing Snyder with this rah-rah bull****, so separating Bruce Allen from Dan Snyder should be priority #1, and I honestly believe that a strong-minded GM who tells him like it is, without Bruce Allen whispering sweet nothings in Dan's ear, can convince Dan to just sit back and stay away from anything team-related and let him do the work.

With Snyder, who has been a lifelong Redskins fan, is gullible to smooth talkers like Allen, we just need to remove Allen from this equation and I'm sure a strong-minded GM will put him in his place, but respectfully.

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Well, I am on the idea that a GM who would come in and lay it to Dan truthfully

These people don't last. We've been pining for this since Snyder bought the team. This is a complete and unrealistic pipedream. 

Yep. George Allen's son has Snyder so shielded from reality that he doesn't really appreciate the full magnitude of how terrible a football operation the team has. It'll definitely take some big names from within the Redskins family to get to Snyder. I think the team president knows that the only person who carries more weight than he does with the owner is Gibbs. I wish Gibbs would sit down with this owner and explain things to him. I get angry just thinking about what's happening to this organization, let alone seeing the effects that has on the field.

I read snyder owns about 11-20% of the redskins and he was extraordinarily leveraged to buy the Skins, using revenues from the redskins to secure the loan... You just need to pressure the NFL or the the other redskins shareholders to communicate to Snyder that it is in his best interest to give up the few percent needed to allow one of the other owners to control it. 

11 minutes ago, 2007betterbebetter said:

I read snyder owns about 11-20% of the redskins and he was extraordinarily leveraged to buy the Skins, using revenues from the redskins to secure the loan... You just need to pressure the NFL or the the other redskins shareholders to communicate to Snyder that it is in his best interest to give up the few percent needed to allow one of the other owners to control it. 

He owns something like 65% of it.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's Russell's narrative.  I think its deeper than that - Dan from the narratives I've heard is still a douche, still impatient and still interferes sometimes.  But listening to the stories that are told about Bruce here and in his previous employment, he is far I think from some innocent dupe in all of this -- he's a big part of the dysfunction.   

I completely agree with you on this. Bruce magnifies all of Dan's worst traits and seemingly knows how to play him like a fiddle. There's simply no other way to explain how he got hired in the first place as such a mediocrity and why he's still employed.

In fairness, Bruce has done a better job of running the Redskins than Snyder did with Cerrato as his racquetball buddy. But that's setting a pretty low bar.

In the end, winning consistently in the NFL starts at the top. The best teams have a consistent philosophy over time that extends to which coaches are hired and which players are drafted/signed. It all has to fit together, not be a little of this and a little of that. The owners of these teams know what they are looking for and hire those people. Bob Kraft has been characterized as being lucky by getting Belicheck and Brady, but the Pats started turning things around under Kraft before either of those guys arrived. The Rooneys know what they want. The Packers leadership knows what they want (despite some recent slippage).

On the other hand, if Stan Kroenke can turn it around, why not Snyder? Kroenke would have been in the running for worst owner until just the last couple years--a mediocrity who married into the WalMart fortune, dabbled in real estate, ran a horrible cheapskate team...and then suddenly turned into an NFL titan who brought the league back to L.A., is building the fancy new stadium that no one else could get done, and now has the new "it" team.

We just have to hope, I guess.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

On the other hand, if Stan Kroenke can turn it around, why not Snyder? Kroenke would have been in the running for worst owner until just the last couple years--a mediocrity who married into the WalMart fortune, dabbled in real estate, ran a horrible cheapskate team...and then suddenly turned into an NFL titan who brought the league back to L.A., is building the fancy new stadium that no one else could get done, and now has the new "it" team.

We just have to hope, I guess.

I like to use Steinbrenner as an example, he had almost a 15 year dry spell of mediocrity -- no championships, etc.   Their farm system finally bore fruit, hired a decent GM, found a decent manager and then had a big run.

By the same token, I think Dan needs to luck into it too.  I do like his chances much better on that count if Bruce is gone and his new best buddy-brother in arms isn't the mirror image of himself but instead someone with good people skills and is competent.

My biggest reason for optimism is I've seen enough of Schaffer and to a less extent Kyle Smith to think I'd rather Dan be hanging with them than Bruce and just by osmosis some competence and class would rub off on him. 

I honestly wonder where we would be if back in 04/05 we hired Gibbs strictly has a GM and he had full control and hired his own coach. Even if he retired say in 2011/2012.

Allen needs to go, goes without saying. If Snyder just hired a GM and then stepped away and just reviewed and oversaw the Franchises revenues and all that, maybe there would be something to look forward to, but Snyder won't do that

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Every picture the Redskins are posting on their Twitter account...……...all the responses are #firebruceallen! LMAO!

ALL their social media responses have been like that for days. You'd thought they'd learned from when they tweeted out happy bday to Boozie & ended up locking it down where you couldn't respond. 

1 minute ago, TK said:

ALL their social media responses have been like that for days. You'd thought they'd learned from when they tweeted out happy bday to Boozie & ended up locking it down where you couldn't respond. 

You'd think maybe at this point it will sink in that the fans are displeased with the President of Football Operations. 

But maybe not.  Who knows what goes on in the grey matter between Dan's ears.

michael phillips@michaelpRTD

Ticketmaster showing a late surge in sales. StubHub price holding at $75 a seat.

Either Josh Johnson has really excited this fan base, or it's going to be a green day at FedEx Field.

Archived