Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

One positive is the field at Jack Kent Cooke stadium wasn't a complete embarrassment for the first time since 1999.

That painted dirt green screen thing we had going on was impressive.

I suspect few venues rent out the stadium anymore, and the field probably barely gets used.

47 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Ya know I demand credit for this thing; I’ve been on the fire Bruce Allen chain as long as, if not longer than anyone. 

I doubt it.

The day he was hired I posted that he's going to be another Vinny for Snyder. He was a proven loser before Snyder told everyone what a winner he was. No other team would have hired him. He was out of the league. would have stayed out just like Vinny if Doofus Dan hadn't hired him.

Bruce needs to go. As much as I hate to say it, Gruden should get another year. 24 players on IR (and 27 last season) gives you very little chance of running your offense the way you want. And I'd hate for him to collect the 10 million left on his deal for him to sit home.

If they get rid of Manusky, what about promoting Tomsula? He's been a HC before, so DC shouldn't be a problem for him.  

Did any of you guys or girls here Adam Schefter talk about how Bruce is thought of as extremely smart around the league and actually doubled down on it on the Sheehan podcast. Thom Loverene was on there and as many shots as he has taken at him you could tell he couldnt believe what Schefter was saying.

Schefter and Bruce must have some type of good realtionship!

Sudfeld marching Philly down the field just made me think about how much talent we've lost simply due to Bruces mishandling of the roster. Simmie Cobbs, Sudfeld, Kapri Bibbs, ..add to the list. What other promising talent did we lose to more competent front offices simply because he never realized how to protect our valuable assets??

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Did any of you guys or girls here Adam Schefter talk about how Bruce is thought of as extremely smart around the league and actually doubled down on it on the Sheehan podcast. Thom Loverene was on there and as many shots as he has taken at him you could tell he couldnt believe what Schefter was saying.

Schefter and Bruce must have some type of good realtionship!

My good friend tried arguing with me that Bruce Allen is actually a good manager and that he's well-liked around the league and many teames would want him...so much for a good friend..lol

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Sudfeld marching Philly down the field just made me think about how much talent we've lost simply due to Bruces mishandling of the roster. Simmie Cobbs, Sudfeld, Kapri Bibbs, ..add to the list. What other promising talent did we lose to more competent front offices simply because he never realized how to protect our valuable assets??

Lorenzo Alexander..I believe that was with b allen

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

My good friend tried arguing with me that Bruce Allen is actually a good manager and that he's well-liked around the league and many times would want him...so much for a good friend..lol

Bruce's record wherever he has been, overall stay (Oak., Tampa, Wash) is below .500.  Check it out.

44 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Adding to that, and maybe even more, is why don't we loot the rosters of other teams?  Loot the dumb GMs, or the best teams squads.

When it came down to needing a 4th QB, somewhere in there we should have nabbed the best QB prospect stashed away on a practice squad, period. No excuse. 3 QBs seemed a good idea regardless with our injury run. Get a free look at a kid before the draft.  We lost Sudfeld, and so what did the team just give up with trying to develop someone?

If anyone charted a teams QB age progression, we have to be off the chart in the past 2 years. Losing Sudfeld bumped up our average age, and its been through the roof ever since.

I don't think we will draft a QB.  We will just go after the oldest vet that we can safely grossly overpay.

5 minutes ago, allskinz said:

Don't see it happening...  but would be thrilled.

Odds are that they'll pull another Scot scam and try to pretend that Bruce is somewhere else with the new guy making all the football decisions.

Undoubtedly, most of the fans will buy it hook line and sinker.

Despite the fact Bruce isn't even the problem. It's Dan first, then the rest of the clown show behind him.

You guys should know the routine by now.

If, and a big IF, there's a decision to bring anyone in, its already been decided probably a few weeks ago.

But they will twiddle their thumbs like the last few times, waiting for the qualified people to be scooped up by other teams, THEN make their decision on who they want; strangely enough, it will be a coincidence that no other team picked that person up, and the smoke will begin pumping up everyone's butts at how this person was 'highly touted', qualified, and a perfect fit to the organization, but oddly enough no other team bothered with that person.

It will not matter if Bruce is moved out of one aspect to another of the team, he will still be in the ear of Snyder, "looking out" for his best interest.

Until Bruce Allen is removed from the organization completely, things will not change. You can expect a hire from Tampa Bay in the future.

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Odds are that they'll pull another Scot scam and try to pretend that Bruce is somewhere else with the new guy making all the football decisions.

Despite the fact Bruce isn't even the problem. It's Dan first, then the rest of the clown show behind him.

Dans biggest problem is who he trusts and hires.  

And I actually don’t think the 57 fans left would buy anything if Bruce is still in the building.

25 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This Post! If Bruce is in the building then he still has Dan's ear!

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dans biggest problem is who he trusts and hires.  

Dan’s biggest problem is Dan. Tonight’s performance seemed awfully similar to Spurrier’s final game as coach (Week 17 2003 - 31-7 loss to Eagles).  McNabb dancing in the end zone.  Non-competitive team. 

None of the 2003 Players are still here.  Spurrier’s gone, so is Vinny. 

Two things remain. The well-run Eagles organization / owner, and the sloppy, small-time feeling Redskins organization and their owner. 

I’ve seen this movie before. We can blame Bruce all we want (and we should), but this mess was here before him. 

The common denominator is Dan and his terrible organizational culture. 

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

Dan’s biggest problem is Dan. Tonight’s performance seemed awfully similar to Spurrier’s final game as coach (Week 17 2003 - 31-7 loss to Eagles).  McNabb dancing in the end zone.  Non-competitive team. 

None of the 2003 Players are still here.  Spurrier’s gone, so is Vinny. 

Two things remain. The well-run Eagles organization / owner, and the sloppy, small-time feeling Redskins organization and their owner. 

I’ve seen this movie before. We can blame Bruce all we want (and we should), but this mess was here before him. 

The common denominator is Dan and his terrible organizational culture. 

This is why a win this off-season is Gruden coming back with a D coordinator that comes from outside the building with a all new staff, not a hire from the current staff, Calloway and his terrible running scheme replaced along with Bruce.

Archived