Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And who actually watches Kiper anyways? I  mean NFL Gm's doen even know who the guy is:

i dont think he can afford to fire Gruden and pay him his remaining 10 Mill. A 21% decline in attendance has an effect on you I guess?

This is coming from someone who is cool with Jay for the most part. But if eating 10 million on Jay's contract puts Dan off - the irony of that is according to some is that it was a PR move at the time to detract from their zoo handling of Scot and the PR fallout of it.

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Good grief...

Hopefully the meeting with Dan, Jay and Bruce will be heated and Jay will curse them all!

12 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Jays probably hoping to get fired at this point.

I believe he's been demanding it since the Reuben Foster's debacle and him being put in first line of duty...

He should have done it the LaFemina's way, threaten to quit will get you fired.

58 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

The hammer would have already dropped.  You don't take this much time to make a decision while other teams in the league are scurrying to find new head coaches/front office to hire.  Actually that would be something Snyder would do.   Now I have confused myself....

Unless he thinks he gets a bigger splash by waiting a day or two to start the bloodbath...

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

My favorite was the “any rookie quarterback could do what Alex Smith is doing”.  That was good stuff!  

Of course, the team was 6-4 with him starting and 1-5 after he got hurt.  I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.

It’s funny you say that, was just watching the postgame earlier where DHall and BMitch we’re both on one about nobody being off the hook, because Alex Smith got hurt, the offense was woeful with him, and there’s no chance the winning was sustainable as the wheels were already falling off prior to him going down.  You know damn well that my point about a rookie QB is that if you only ask them to check down, run the ball, and let the defense do it’s thing, they can replicate that. But feel free to keep on acting like I have some outlier, crazy opinion, Bruce.  

1 hour ago, ShredSkins said:

Last night Gruden said he was meeting with Dan at 10am this morning. Now when he was asked about meeting with Dan he said he didnt know was waiting by the phone. He also mentioned he didnt know why he was doing the press conference. Like seriously wtf.

I know it's yet another sign of disfunction, but for anyone hoping for a real shake up this may actually be a "good" sign.

It's unprofessional but if Snyder was up in meetings about the team until 3 am and then postponed his scheduled 10 am meeting with Gruden and it's radio silence, maybe things aren't as steady and sure as we've been told. 

Letting him do the press conference with no clarity or message for the fanbase was asinine, but if there's instability in the building and a potential teardown in the works, it's exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to see given our history of organizational incompetence even when things are going well. If people are just going through the pre-scheduled motions on a rudderless ship with no direction/communication from the higher ups, it's either the next step in how inept the current crew are or it's a sign they're on the way out.

I know, it's a pathetic reach. But it's Black Monday. Let's dream the headlines late tonight are about us. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I know it's yet another sign of disfunction, but for anyone hoping for a real shake up this may actually be a "good" sign.

It's unprofessional but if Snyder was up in meetings about the team until 3 am and then postponed his scheduled 10 am meeting with Gruden and it's radio silence, maybe things aren't as steady and sure as we've been told. 

Letting him do the press conference with no clarity or message for the fanbase was asinine, but if there's instability in the building and a potential teardown in the works, it's exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to see given our history of organizational incompetence even when things are going well. If people are just going through the pre-scheduled motions on a rudderless ship with no direction/communication from the higher ups, it's either the next step in how inept the current crew are or it's a sign they're on the way out.

I know, it's a pathetic reach. But it's Black Monday. Let's dream the headlines late tonight are about us. 

I hope. But if reports are true that Snyder is now in the Bahamas, that means Bruce is still running the show to release personnel. Snyder would still be in town if Bruce was being fired.

7 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I hope. But if reports are true that Snyder is now in the Bahamas, that means Bruce is still running the show to release personnel. Snyder would still be in town if Bruce was being fired.

Probably. It's a slim hope. But it depends who he's meeting I guess, if anyone.

Archived