Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Anyone fired yet?

I bet people's title's are reorganized except for Bruce and if Bruce's title changes its purely cosmetic to take fans off the scent.

Something baked in nostalgia.  We got good news we just promoted Doug's title to senior executive.  He's going to be even more involved now.  We hired Russ Grimm as a special consultant.    And Darrell Green will be the new DB coach.   Joe Gibbs promised to weigh in from time to time.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think, no joke, this is seriously what we are up against.  Bruce explaining to Dan we are a piece or two from the SB.  And Dan is too stupid not to see otherwise.

So the team is in meetings.

I'd love to re enact Jim Carey from Liar Liar, walk into the room, asshole, dickhead, Dan your head is so far up Bruce's arse nobody know where he starts and you end...blah blah blah

Probably not the correct words, but you get the point :D

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think, no joke, this is seriously what we are up against.  Bruce explaining to Dan we are a piece or two from the SB.  And Dan is too stupid not to see otherwise.

So, this is the down side of Snyder being hands off. Please don't think I'm defending the man, because I'm not. But for years I begged for him to hire SOMEONE, put that guy in charge, and back off. If you would have told me 10 years ago that he'd have someone he put in charge and mostly left alone and, even after back-to-back 7-9 seasons, he listened to that guy about the state of the team, I would have been relieved. 

The issue is that he's trusted the wrong guy. And that sucks, but I think we need summarize it accurately. He's done the right thing the wrong way...

28 minutes ago, daviddsims said:

It certainly appears Bruce is safe, a move would have already been made had it been in the works. Pretty sickening and lowest point ever in Skins history.

Without a doubt the lowest. I thought that was 2014 after Allen's last public presser ever (another disgrace and disaster), but if there are no changes, this is worse by far. 

3 hours ago, dyst said:

We are just repeating ourselves at this point but...

1. FIRE Bruce Allen

2. Hire a GM (actually call him GM and give him GM duties)

3. Let GM hire coach (hopefully meaning a fired Jay Gruden) 

I would like to point out that is EXACTLY what Dan did in 2010.  He fired Vinny, hired Bruce as Executive VP and General Manager, and then "Bruce" hired Shanahan (he was the one who introduced Mike) as Executive Vice President and Head Coach. 

Then after the Griffin Debacle, Dan let Bruce pick Jay.  Nobody is going to convince me that Jay Gruden was a Dan Snyder pick.

Bruce is the General Manager and President of the Redskins.  He picked Jay.  He has picked his personnel group. 

For a period of 2 years, they had Scot McCloughan in here with the GM title, however Bruce was still in charge. 

So, basically, Dan DID exactly what we wanted him to.  The issue is that he somehow chose a guy WORSE to give that authority to than Vinny.  Which is, quite frankly, shocking. 

And now Dan doesn't know exactly what to do.  He's got Bruce and Jay in his ear saying, "we were 6-3, then Alex and Colt got hurt.  What do you want from us?"  And while there is validity to that claim, if you dig a little deeper you can turn up some flaws in the approach.

He doesn't want to fire Bruce. Bruce makes Dan comfortable.  He didn't want to fire Vinny.  Vinny made Dan comfortable. 

Bruce doesn't want to fire Jay.  He's smart enough to know that few coaches would come here under these circumstances, and he's more likely to end up with the next Zorn than the next Gibbs. Also, I'm SURE he's going to point to the Vikings game yesterday and the complete choke job of Cousins and say, "see, look.  We're smart.  We didn't spend money on that choking dog."  And Dan will probably buy that too.  That Cousin's performance was about the worst thing to happen to the 'Skins yesterday in terms of moving on from Bruce.  If Kirk had gone out there and lit it up, Dan might have come back with, "Bruce, how the hell did you let that guy out of the building?" But Kirk didn't, and we're screwed again.

So, if Bruce can convince Dan that it was the injuries, then Bruce stays.  Bruce stays, Jay stays. 

It's as simple as that

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If they all stay I’m not even watching the draft. I’ve wasted 30 yrs with this garbage.

If they all stay, then I'll stick around ES because I love the community.  I'll pay attention at cuts and things like that, but I'll be essentially absent overall until September.

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dan DID exactly what we wanted him to.  The issue is that he somehow chose a guy WORSE to give that authority to than Vinny.  Which is, quite frankly, shocking. 

Dan hired Bruce because Shanahan wanted him. When Dan couldn't convince Shanahan to come in mid-season for Zorn, Shamahan pointed Dannyboy to Bruce with the remark "can you believe somebody that good is on the street?" Shanahan got Bruce his job so that the GM would be indebted to him (nobody was gonna give Brucifer another NFL job), so it was the inverse of the GM over coach dynamic. This was NOTHING like Cleveland hiring Dorsey or JKC hiring Beathard based on their proven record of success.

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Dan hired Bruce because Shanahan wanted him. When Dan couldn't convince Shanahan to come in mid-season for Zorn, Shamahan pointed Dannyboy to Bruce with the remark "can you believe somebody that good is on the street?" Shanahan got Bruce his job so that the GM would be indebted to him (nobody was gonna give Brucifer another NFL job), so it was the inverse of the GM over coach dynamic. This was NOTHING like Cleveland hiring Dorsey or JKC hiring Beathard based on their proven record of success.

Oh, I don't disagree. But optically, Dan did exactly what we all wanted him to do.  Bruce was just the WRONG guy.  And in placing Bruce as GM, Shanahan also somewhat sealed his fate. 

The complete irony is as soon as Bruce got there, the first thing he and Dan did was trade for McNabb, who Shanny didn't want.

I don't care the reason, you can't look at that game and say it's okay to stay the course.

"Yo, is that a waterfall?"

"Of course not, we'll be fine. I know what I'm doing."

"Nah, water getting faster and everything, I think we're about to go over..." - gets pushed off boat for talking too much

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Not a single GM has been fired today around the league. 8 head coaches get to fall on the sword for their teams. But the guys in charge keep their jobs. The NFL is the very definition of a good old boys league.

FIRED GENERAL MANAGER

Reggie McKenzie, Oakland Raiders

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

That was 3 weeks ago and it is the Raiders. By the way they hired Mike Mayock to replace him today.....yes that Mike Mayock :)

Ah, you were saying any GM fired TODAY. I thought you were saying any. I saw that about Mayock. We shall see how he really does picking players when not in front of a camera. 

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh, I don't disagree. But optically, Dan did exactly what we all wanted him to do.  Bruce was just the WRONG guy.  And in placing Bruce as GM, Shanahan also somewhat sealed his fate. 

The complete irony is as soon as Bruce got there, the first thing he and Dan did was trade for McNabb, who Shanny didn't want.

.....but no he didnt.  He literally hired the GM his HC wanted, the exact opposite way that we want it.  Of course a big part of the issue is Bruce is the wrong guy, but wrong people making hire decisions usually leads to the wrong guy.

Archived