Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Going from 6-3, 3rd in the conference and tops in the East, to 6-7 only 4 weeks later and almost last in the division, to most likely 6-10 means Bruce Allen will have the distinction of maybe running the Redskins biggest collapse ever.  And thats saying something under Snyder.  

In 8 seasons as GM or President, the Redskins have had 1 winning season.  That was a season they were 5-6 in, but then ran off 5 straight wins in the RG3 miracle season.  The two seasons this decade where he hasnt been the official GM or President?  Both winning seasons under Scotty Mac.  2 for 2.

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Going from 6-3, 3rd in the conference and tops in the East, to 6-7 only 4 weeks later and almost last in the division, to most likely 6-10 means Bruce Allen will have the distinction of maybe running the Redskins biggest collapse ever.  And thats saying something under Snyder.  

In 8 seasons as GM or President, the Redskins have had 1 winning season.  That was a season they were 5-6 in, but then ran off 5 straight wins in the RG3 miracle season.  The two seasons this decade where he hasnt been the official GM or President?  Both winning seasons under Scotty Mac.  2 for 2.

As bad as it is, it isn't the worst collapse ever. Zorn.

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

As bad as it is, it isn't the worst collapse ever. Zorn.

While that was a bad one, if this one goes as expected, its worse IMHO.  Zorn was 6-2, this season it was 6-3.  By game 13 we are 6-7, they were at least 7-5.  By end of season they were 8-8.  I dont see us ending 8-8... And mainly, despite how bad that year was, we lost games, but didnt get blown out by 4-8 teams.  In fact, until the last game of the year(which was 27-24 49ers), we didnt allow over 24 points a game, and the biggest loss was 17 points(for comparison, weve already lost 3 this season by more than 17).

At least Zorns team was competitive, and managed 8-8.  And didnt lose 4 straight.

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

While that was a bad one, if this one goes as expected, its worse IMHO.  Zorn was 6-2, this season it was 6-3.  By game 13 we are 6-7, they were at least 7-5.  By end of season they were 8-8.  I dont see us ending 8-8... And mainly, despite how bad that year was, we lost games, but didnt get blown out by 4-8 teams.  In fact, until the last game of the year(which was 27-24 49ers), we didnt allow over 24 points a game, and the biggest loss was 17 points(for comparison, weve already lost 3 this season by more than 17).

At least Zorns team was competitive, and managed 8-8.  And didnt lose 4 straight.

I hate to cut Bruce slack, but in 2008 we weren't on our third string QB with awful injuries. We had some injuries, yes, but not nearly as bad as now. A healthy team like that had no excuses for even losing.

20 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I hate to cut Bruce slack, but in 2008 we weren't on our third string QB with awful injuries. We had some injuries, yes, but not nearly as bad as now. A healthy team like that had no excuses for even losing.

Fair, thats at least one in the 2008 teams favor.  But I submit this season the injuries have in reality been 2 members of the Oline, a receiver, and a QB who wasnt any good when healthy.  The defense has been largely untouched.  Considering we were only winning with a great playing D and a dominant run game, the only ones who really effected the results have been the Oline.  The D has collapsed on its Manusky own.  And again its not even just the result of games, its how thorougoughly dominated in all facets the team looks.  Zorn was at least competitive.

Craig Hoffman was asked from Russell about Bruce's job security.  Craig said just from asking around, the barriers are this:

A. Dan likes to hang with Bruce, they are pals

B. Dan as a fan has some nostalgia feelings about the Allen name

C. Dan and Bruce think alike on much so the criticisms on Bruce's decision making -- Dan isn't at odds with some of those same decisions

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Craig Hoffman was asked from Russell about Bruce's job security.  Craig said just from asking around, the barriers are this:

C. Dan and Bruce think alike on much so the criticisms on Bruce's decision making -- Dan isn't at odds with some of those same decisions

I heard that and hopefully it's just a bad guess. I'll say this much if Allen returns I'm going to officially give up being a fan of this team. I'm still going to hang around here, but my days of giving a damn would be over.

This is honestly maddening.

If Snyder keeps Bruce Allen, even after this tremendous collapse, then there's no hope for this team.

People need to start stirring up rumors of Bruce Allen being fired on sports talk shows everywhere. Snyder is NOT going to screw my life up, cheering for a team that has no chance of winning because he's in love with the Allen family, and Bruce can do no wrong BS.

Snyder, go **** yourself, and when you're done, let Bruce Allen **** you, just like he's ****ed this team. Then both of you can perish for all I care.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This might be the most depressing thing I’ve read about the Redskins in some time.  My biggest fear is pretty much all of that.

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This might be the most depressing thing I’ve read about the Redskins in some time.  My biggest fear is pretty much all of that.

Yeah I am sticking to the only strategy we got a prayer with and that is pester Redskins Park with emails and letters.  I do think its the only way to make an impact aside from voicing things at the stadium.  The 3 times I went to town on it among others -- twice out of the three times change was made -- Vinny being canned and the Scot hire (maybe incidental in spite of the communication but I suspect every little thing helped).

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Translation: Bruce is Dan's puppet.

Taking Hoffman's narrative and combining it with Russell -- its more like they think great minds think alike.  Bruce genuinely makes decisions and many of them but Dan just likes how Bruce rolls because he'd do similar things if it were left to his own devices. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

NFL needs to force Snyder to sell. Isn't good for one of the marquee franchises to be willfully destroyed like this. Frankly, in an era where the league needs to do all it can to protect it's brand, the state of the Skins (in a top TV market) can't be sitting well with the brass at HQ.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

but Dan just likes how Bruce rolls because he'd do similar things if it were left to his own devices. 

As if Dan would just leave it to someone else when he can just do what he has done since day 1. 

How pathetic is it that the owner of one of the highest valued teams in all of sports feels the need to hide behind a 2 decade running failed NFL executive after doing the exact same routine with another one his first decade owning the team? 

Do you really believe that all the moronic Bull**** has nothing to do with Dan Snyder? Seriously? For real?

Allen will not get fired and anyone who thinks he will is just fooling themselves..It will be the same **** over and over until the fan base just completely gives up on the team..If anything was gonna happen it would of happened by now.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Allen will not get fired and anyone who thinks he will is just fooling themselves..It will be the same **** over and over until the fan base just completely gives up on the team..If anything was gonna happen it would of happened by now.

Danny eventually let go of his other BFF in Vinny so I have some hope.

Piecing together different narratives from people covering the team, I am convinced that Dan understands fans are unhappy but is confused about one thing:

A.  Hey you wanted me not to interfere and I am not so what gives?

Many people covering the team have said Dan rarely if ever interferes anymore.  But if so, what he obviously misses is its not about getting out of the way for a sleazy and incompetent executive and let him do his thing.  We weren't looking for Dan to hire his version of a mini-Dan who acts and thinks like he does.  We wanted a real kick butt executive who can present the organization with class and competent.  We weren't looking for Vinny Part 2 but Beathard Part 2. 

Archived