Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

13 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

True, but the stadium was always full of die hard fans.  That is no longer the case and once it starts hitting Danny boy in the pocket, things will change.

Well, it's half empty now. Problem is, the NFL is a golden ticket--it is an almost guaranteed investment. Snyder will own this team until he dies.

13 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

True, but the stadium was always full of die hard fans.  That is no longer the case and once it starts hitting Danny boy in the pocket, things will change.

We have said this for years and nothing happens. 

There is a floor beyond which Snyder will never feel the financial pain - due in part to all of the long-term marketing deals he's secured as well as the revenue-sharing model of the NFL. 

The NFL needs to intervene here for the good of the league and one of it's most lucrative markets. They've already lost a generation of fans in DC as it is.

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brewer has said similar things about Bruce being on the ropes from his sources but the stadium being what's saving him for now.

I dont get all of this Bruce is here forever stuff. If only there was another analogy to this? Well, yeah how about Vinny Cerrato who was even closer to Dan supposedly.

You are closer to this than I, but I am pretty sure @TK said the Bruce was not much part of the stadium deal anymore. That is was being handled by Brian Lafemina. For me, if Brian is in fact running the stadium project now, I would see that as Dan setting the stage to move on from Bruce. 

If Bruce is still part of the stadium then it's harder to let him walk. If not, nothing stopping Dan from firing him - well right now.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You are closer to this than I, but I am pretty sure @TK said the Bruce was not much part of the stadium deal anymore. That is was being handled by Brian Lafemina. For me, if Brian is in fact running the stadium project now, I would see that as Dan setting the stage to move on from Bruce. 

If Bruce is still part of the stadium then it's harder to let him walk. If not, nothing stopping Dan from firing him - well right now.

Except Dan's total incompetence as an owner. 

6 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Except Dan's total incompetence as an owner. 

Of course. And this is the real problem even with firing Bruce. The same idiot is making the decision for the next one. Only interesting part is waiting to see what the next person will do to establish their own legacy of stupidity. Vinnie and Bruce may be hard to top. But I am sure Dan will do his best to find someone to give it the old college try! 

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Of course. And this is the real problem even with firing Bruce. The same idiot is making the decision for the next one. Only interesting part is waiting to see what the next person will do to establish their own legacy of stupidity. Vinnie and Bruce may be hard to top. But I am sure Dan will do his best to find someone to give it the old college try! 

One has to think that eventually, the league would want to step in if it looks like Snyder keeps taking this team into the abyss. 

42 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That could be, Brewer talked about it at the beginning of last year, Lafemina's emergence came after

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Grant Paulsen is the only person that could make me side with Bruce Allen. Such an annoying human being. 

Paulsen seemed cool with fans except with those who really really dislike a certain QB.  I noticed how he gets harassed on twitter and its always from what I noticed about the same player. 

Paulsen though I think is pretty plugged in with this team and still has sources from his time at the beat.  At least for me, I find guys like him more interesting (ditto Cooley, Sheehan) versus guys on the radio who have no sources.  His voice though has a lot of nasal in it so he can sound grating when he complains.

They've never, ever, had an effective front office structure since Snyder owned the team.  I dont see why that would change.  

Even when it kinda looked like they were headed in the right direction, it would be revealed all was not as it seemed.  Like when it became clear Scot M wasnt quite as in charge as it seemed. 

They've tried every permutation of front office setup, except a traditional Team President > GM > Coach, with the GM responsible for football decisions and hires below him. 

They always have guys who kinda/sorta are GM, but not really.  Or they have some weird GM by committee setup.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That could be, Brewer talked about it at the beginning of last year, Lafemina's emergence came after

The only thing I'll quibble with is, yes, they werent 12-4 and a strong title contender, but winning the division should not be considered "squeaked into". 

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Paulsen seemed cool with fans except with those who really really dislike a certain QB  disagree with him in any way, shape, or form.

FTFY

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tempted to add this to the Owned Thread...

200.gif

https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-observations-franchise-altering-decisions-will-be-made-this-offseason/article_dac5bb02-f76f-11e8-9d2a-77863ab39987.html

Allen’s track record has been spotty at best in his nine seasons, including the trade for Griffin, the trade for Smith, not signing Cousins, and the off-the-field controversies that seem to be perpetually swirling.

Owner Dan Snyder has to decide if he wants to allow Allen to chart the course for the organization’s next four-year cycle.

Of course, Snyder could also choose to lay low and give everybody involved another season, which would be a more palatable outcome if the Redskins can get a home victory against the woeful Giants, then pick up a win against the struggling Jaguars, which would bring them to 8-8 in a season of tremendous adversity.

Behind the scenes, Snyder has reportedly been restless over a number of things this season, most prominently the lack of ticket sales and fans at FedEx Field.

It’s hard to imagine the claiming of Reuben Foster will help boost the gate, and bringing back Gruden, Allen and Sanchez for another season certainly wouldn’t instill a buy-now mentality.

The Redskins have brought in a capable business-side leader in Brian Lafemina, which means Allen could conceivably be let go without impacting stadium discussions, though it might impact relations with Virginia’s state government, where the Allen family is held in high esteem.

Right now, the best thing the Redskins can do to quiet the noise is beat the Giants at home. If not, it could be a long month.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, it's half empty now. Problem is, the NFL is a golden ticket--it is an almost guaranteed investment. Snyder will own this team until he dies.

Someone got to use jedi mind tricks and make him pull a Sterling or something

I do a lot in state politics and it can be a nasty-petty business.  To the comment below, even if Lafemina is leading the way for the stadium deal -- if Bruce is let go and is bitter, he potentially can cause damage.  That's not hard to do in state politics which is very relationship driven.  So I can see keeping Bruce from that perspective.  I've seen people kept in a different context purely to avoid said person using their connections to poison the well.  In other words, if Virginia is hot in play, I can see that protecting Bruce's standing regardless if he's taking the lead.

https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-observations-franchise-altering-decisions-will-be-made-this-offseason/article_dac5bb02-f76f-11e8-9d2a-77863ab39987.html

The Redskins have brought in a capable business-side leader in Brian Lafemina, which means Allen could conceivably be let go without impacting stadium discussions, though it might impact relations with Virginia’s state government, where the Allen family is held in high esteem.

Archived