Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Redskins Coach Jay Gruden and his players deserve sympathy for freakish bad luck, and they have fought with a real nobility through their injuries, even in Monday’s 28-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. But the Redskins have a much more crippling institutional problem than a couple of broken legs. As usual, the wrong people will be under job pressure as result of the current crisis, while team president Bruce Allen suavely evades all accountability for the organization’s larger failures, which now amount to a 58-81-1 record during his nine-year tenure.

An entire category of books and sheaves of analysis have failed to arrive at a consensus on what a great management model should look like. Everyone has a different philosophy. But lousy management is easy to identify, and this is it. A hallmark is constant internal upheaval, which has a lousy effect on performance, no matter what business you’re in.

...With no core competency and accountability at the very top of an organization, it creates a cascade. You think the Redskins players trust in the ducking Allen, who has yet to publicly explain why Foster was signed? That bleeds into everything: hiring and orienting employees, retaining and promoting good people, handling grievances, allocating budgets, maintaining payroll integrity, structuring work responsibilities, motivating staff, and diagnosing problems in the organization’s performance.

All of these core competencies — which culminate in the critical task of scouting and combing through free agent talent to identify compatible players who will form your talent pool and contingency talent pool — are compromised. All the wrong people get tenure, and there’s always something a little flimsy underneath, while good people and players are painfully thrown away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/sure-the-redskins-have-had-injuries-but-their-crisis-began-long-before/2018/12/05/08d675b8-f7ed-11e8-863c-9e2f864d47e7_story.html?utm_term=.e8ab95c93928

After our shock the world start, I think the wheels came off the wagon even faster and more rudely than the biggest naysayer could have predicted.

The season was officially ruined when they showed Bruce up in the booth, his hair all disheveled, late in the Eagles loss.  Twice.  He looked like he had just woken up, or was coming off a burner from celebrating his RF signing.

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

When we hired Bruce Allen, I repeatedly made the point that his draft record was even worse than Vinny Bugeyes, and I got continually shouted down and ridiculed here. I compared it to SF hiring Mike Nolan because of the family name, but no one was having a word of it.

People were just so happy to get rid of Vinny and to have Shanny as coach that they didn't look at the hiring clearly.

He's Vinny 2.0. He was done in the league, couldn't get an interview, when Danny came calling and turned him right into his lackey.

Snyder has simply never changed. 

16 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I immediately thought of this scene when they showed Bruce on tv Monday night.

<GLUE>

Nailed it!

I was trying to figure it out... there are a few more candidates out there.. I kinda dismissed this guy early on

10-Guy.jpg

People probably know this guy, more than Bruce

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As usual, the wrong people will be under job pressure as result of the current crisis, while team president Bruce Allen suavely evades all accountability for the organization’s larger failures, which now amount to a 58-81-1 record during his nine-year tenure.

I really hope that isn't true this year...

We are screwed. Dan and Bruce will terminate all the up and comers below them. To clean house. They will retain Doug of course. Meanwhile, we will keep losing the fresh young minds in the organization.

We will likely draft our next QB right before firing Jay, and bring in a coach that is a horrible fit for the QB we traded up to get.  Horrible timing is a strength with these guys.

I’m just sick...  was thinking the other day when we let Scott mcc go he turned a cheek and started his scouting..,  the whole year he went on shows, radios praising baker saying he was underrated...  then during the draft I see him in the “war room “ with Cleveland..

hindsight now they had one of the best drafts I’ve seen grabbing a difference maker at qb, rb, and cb...

then i I start thinking of other talent we let walk away (mcvay, shanahan (Kyle)...

our problem is is our front office starts with dan but also Brice Allen...  he must go...  I also remember a survey that was taken last year for agents and Bruce Allen was rated most unprepared and least trustworthy...

i hust want want to be realeased of this nightmare...

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Nailed it!

I was trying to figure it out... there are a few more candidates out there.. I kinda dismissed this guy early on

10-Guy.jpg

People probably know this guy, more than Bruce

Scott’s firing was a power struggle that’s it.... Scott was drinking but they knew that just was a convenient excuse

1 hour ago, Burger35 said:

Scott’s firing was a power struggle that’s it.... Scott was drinking but they knew that just was a convenient excuse

I don’t doubt that Scot could be a problem.  He wasn’t even here six months when his fiancé tweeted out that Russini provides fellatio for information.  I can easily see his type rubbing some people the wrong way, particularly when drinking.  However it’s my understanding that both Bruce and Dan love the sauce themselves.  Not exactly setting this guy up for success.  But what’s new?  Ashburn isn’t necessarily the place you go to get your life together. 

However, it can be both things.  Scot was a drunk asshole.  Bruce and Dan wanted to use that as an excuse to pull back his autonomy, and by the end, basically neuter him.  I think they liked the information he provided, but they still wanted to be the ones to use it and rule the roost.  I’d imagine he really didn’t like that.  Problems ensued.

Ok so as SIP  in the past has said we need to get public about tge Bruce hate .. the Ruben foster thing is not going away ... The QB situation is a train wreck and it all has links to him ... What can we do as fans to get rid of this stain on the organization ? What is a visible thing that will get Dan's attention ? 

2 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

Ok so as SIP  in the past has said we need to get public about tge Bruce hate .. the Ruben foster thing is not going away ... The QB situation is a train wreck and it all has links to him ... What can we do as fans to get rid of this stain on the organization ? What is a visible thing that will get Dan's attention ? 

Great question.  I got to run out for a little bit this morning.  Afterwards I'll do some quick research and post some specifics.  My thoughts are writing letters-emails to Redskins Park and finding away to communicate to at least one of the minority owners.   Volume typically trumps content -- public figures rarely get lost in the details of the complaint but if they hear they are being deluged with communications from Redskins fans about a specific issue/complaint -- that typically attracts attention.   Vinny ironically owned up to that. 

19 hours ago, Hooper said:

People were just so happy to get rid of Vinny and to have Shanny as coach that they didn't look at the hiring clearly.

Watch Snyder pull another Spurrier or Shahanan. 

We're going to sign Marvin Lewis or John Harbaugh allowing them to build a completely new team without a competent GM in charge. 

49 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

I think the Foster thing will be what does Bruce in.  As the PR gets worse.

20 hours ago, Hooper said:

I'm sure that's correct, but I think the fan base deserves a little bit of break for that. At that time, we thought we were moving from a bumbling yes-man who was nothing more than a mediocre scout turned FO exec to a polished and professional adult. 

It seemed like, at a minimum, we'd have adults leading the way and someone who could keep Snyder from falling down.  

Archived