Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

4 hours ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Of course he will get another coaching job the second we fire him, its the NFL, the good old boy network, that stooge Joe Barry got hired instantly as a LB coach....heck Norv is still around screwing up pro bowl qbs, that doesnt prove your point.

Jay is a horrible head coach, how much longer are you going to give him to improve, were in year 5!  Did you see that story about Meathead Manusky responding to DJ that they only had one 50 minute walk through before the Cowboys game because the players were loosing concentration and began joking around...WOW! or the story earlier in the year where the oline came out on a Friday in suits over their jerseys to practice..ooh yea and just happened to get pummeled that Sun. Just the players feeling they can do these things tells you all you need to about Jay as a HC.

Jay has 3 fatal flaws as a head coach. First, his defensive hires are beyond bad, I have no idea what the criteria is but its not performance. Hiring Barry made no sense at the time then turn around and hire someone from Barry's staff? Second, he cant manage time outside or inside a game. Third, he is way to much of a players coach.

You have not proven any point other than you hate Jay which was my point to begin with. So thank for verifying. As for some for some of the other comments: 

Norv Turner literally put Troy Aikman in the HOF. His offenses were very good here and he did a good job in SD, especially on Offense. Is he a great HC? No. He is however a great OC which is what he is doing. He has been an OC ever since which he is great at. As for ruining pro-bowl QBs that's just exaggeration with no data to support it. If you specifically mean Cam Newton, he had a few decent years but was never a passer. They are trying to extend his career and make him more of a passer. That's on Ron Rivera. Norv is doing what he can. 

Joe Barry - he is back what he was doing. He failed at DC so he is back at LB coach. Are people supposed to never be hired in the NFL in any capacity when they reach their top? That's not how it works anywhere. People get moved into management all the time only to find out it's over their head so they move back. 

The rest is unnecessary. I have said it's time for Jay to go. So you are making a case I already agreed to. But let me say it here again since you seem to have missed - it's time for Jay to go. But by all means keep complaining. 

Bruce Allen is done, as is Jay.

Someone like Mike McCarthy getting axed in the middle of the season by one of the league's standardbearers has set the stage and has also undoubtedly triggered a sense of worry and deep self-appraisal among other coaches insofar as their own achievements in relation to his.

Bruce thinks he's protected because of his legacy here and because of his involvement with whatever stadium shenanigans in which Snyder has him embroiled, but regardless of his influence in this organization it is all peripheral. At the end of the day, you don't let the ground fall out from beneath your feet: Wins, filled-seats, ratings, and reputation are all that matter.

Goodbye, Bruce and Jay. If your demise isn't apparent by next week when we host New York, it'll be painfully obvious in the season-ender.

Last night should have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Jay has lost the team.

The team needs a coach, not a buddy or a pal, who will not hold anyone accountable for their miscues. He is the HC, it is his responsibility to have the team mentally and physically prepared, and neither is happening.

Earlier in the season, we were barely beating crappy teams and getting smoked by the better ones [ in some cases even crappy teams smoked us ], and Jay has been here far too long to have the team in this position. Gruden is following his brother's footsteps; becoming the laughing stock of the NFL; hell, even CLEVELAND is progressing. Jay is flawed; a failed experiment. He doesn't change nor does he adjust, he's stubborn and wants things done his way, even when its crystal clear that what he's doing is not working.

But this entire mess can be traced back to one person. Bruce Allen. He is the one behind all of the failures on this team. His 'vision' is flawed and poor and is living in the past in his ideas, not to mention he is a huge jinx; just go and look at what he did to Tampa Bay or Oakland; he took teams that had a mixture of talented vets and young players, and cut/traded vets who were due for a raise. His entire tenure in the NFL is based off of his father, and the apple fell off the tree and rolled into a city dump.

The experiment is over. Every time there's a chance of decency or stability in this organization, Bruce is there to **** it up. The entire time the team begins to sink, he's toasting himself, totally oblivious to what he's done to the team, and always looking at others for the problems this team has, instead of looking in the mirror. He's chummed up to Snyder to help secure his position so others will fall on the knife while he sits back and accepts zero responsibility.

Bruce Allen has no skillset in football operations, he was only a supposed contract guy. Well, when he signed Smith he put the team second behind a flawed tempered QB, gave him a lot of guaranteed money, with no vision of future needs. Now, the team has to pay Smith a **** load of guaranteed money, with no hope whatsoever of finding a comparable QB to bring in. That is short-sightedness.

Bruce Allen is an absolute cancer to this team. As long as he is still with this organization in ANY aspect, the Redskins will never be competitive or relevant. His choices in who he hires is based off his 'friends' list on his phone, his golf buddies, and their washed up relatives.

God, it is extremely difficult to support a team that has FO management people like Bruce who are constantly costing this team and making it a perennial laughing stock of the league.

I've been a fan of the Washington Redskins since I was 9-10 yrs old, and have never waivered away, always standing proud with my team through thick and thin.  Bruce Allen, and his contemporaries, have me seriously questioning my faith in this team, and the notion of simply walking away from football period is beginning to cross my mind more and more.

There has to be a huge outcry for the removal of Bruce and others from this team, before they are the ones removing fans from the team. Yes, it has gotten that bad.

3 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Given the connections and relationships... Bruce and Jay could likely take the same plane out to Vegas and have jobs for the Raiders the day after they're done here.... 

I understand the connection, but it would be absolute insanity for them to bring in Bruce Allen.  Not just because he is an absolutely awful GM, but the fact that the whole world knows he’s a joke.  The last thing you want to light the fire of football in Vegas is Bruce freaking Allen. 

The only thing worse worse than employing Bruce Allen for a decade and letting him blow over 150M and more than a handful of first day draft picks to end up with Buttfumble as your starting QB would be to watch all that happen and choose him to lead your franchise.

Loved and suffered with the Skins since '68. This Foster debacle might be the straw breaker done by Allen. My 92 year old mother, my wife and daughter are so upset with Allen and the organization that it is not just watching a pathetic effort after pathetic effort that is getting me down, their feelings are starting to weigh in on me. Allen will have to go as this is just a terrible situation.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand the connection, but it would be absolute insanity for them to bring in Bruce Allen.  Not just because he is an absolutely awful GM, but the fact that the whole world knows he’s a joke.  The last thing you want to light the fire of football in Vegas is Bruce freaking Allen. 

The only thing worse worse than employing Bruce Allen for a decade and letting him blow over 150M and more than a handful of first day draft picks to end up with Buttfumble as your starting QB would be to watch all that happen and choose him to lead your franchise.

I don't think it happens, it was kind of tongue in cheek.   It would not surprise me in the least though.  

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Just heard chris russell on the sports junkies say Bruce Allen is most likely gonna loose his job and Jay is gonna be safe

He also was blabbering about the franchise is semi-cursed because they didn't treat Kirk right so take what he says with a grain of salt.

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He also was blabbering about the franchise is semi-cursed because they didn't treat Kirk right so take what he says with a grain of salt.

I didn’t hear it like that but I wasn’t paying full attention.  I only heard him talk about how Kirk for all his warts, was always available.  And Bruce is responsible for this whole QB fiasco so it goes hand in hand.

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Just heard chris russell on the sports junkies say Bruce Allen is most likely gonna loose his job and Jay is gonna be safe

I have been and still am a Jay fan. I honestly believe he can have success in this league. However, this would be a mistake. You need to let the new GM pick their own QB. Every time they make some kind of change it comes with strings. It seems to be the Snyder way. 

Just go ahead and start over - really start over. Clean house of everyone. Maybe you keep a few assistants - if the new GM wants them. But let them make the decision. 

Like others I am just tired. I do not have the strength to defend this organization anymore - not even a little bit. The rest of the year I will be looking at the scores while on the golf course, or at the end of the day. Just tired of getting my hopes up then getting punched in the face over and over again.

The Foster thing is the worst in a while. I was just thinking they had gotten away from the drama moves - AP was a little bit. But he owned, paid his price and moved on. Not defending his actions but do respect he owned and paid up. Those are the people that need a 2nd chance. Even if Foster is found innocent of DV, it's clear he has trouble making good decisions. He will find himself in trouble again - it's virtually a certainty. 

Very hard to be a Redskins fan right now. I honestly am thinking of getting rid of most of my Redskins stuff - clothes especially. Maybe sell the memorabilia. although most of that is from the Gibbs days. So probably keep that. 

Again, I am just tired! 

9 minutes ago, Capt'n Obvious said:

I'm really hoping that this will be it for Bruce. I know he will try to use the injuries as an excuse, but he should have been fired years ago. If the "GM" does go, cleaning house seems to be the most logical next step. 

Yeah, Jay's deal is coming to an end in the next couple years, so whats the point for holding on for a season.  If we're lucky enough to get Bruce out of the way,  I see no logical reason to retain Jay.... it just doesnt make sense. 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn’t hear it like that but I wasn’t paying full attention.  I only heard him talk about how Kirk for all his warts, was always available.  And Bruce is responsible for this whole QB fiasco so it goes hand in hand.

Russell was saying you create your own karma sometimes by making good decisions or not.  As for Kirk, Russell talked about how they took his durability for granted and they should have groomed and or kept a young qb even if it was on the practice roster.

I trust Russell's take on Bruce. As I pointed out before..Russell for his faults has been on fire about FO gossip for awhile now.

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Bruce Allen is done, as is Jay.

Someone like Mike McCarthy getting axed in the middle of the season by one of the league's standardbearers has set the stage and has also undoubtedly triggered a sense of worry and deep self-appraisal among other coaches insofar as their own achievements in relation to his.

Bruce thinks he's protected because of his legacy here and because of his involvement with whatever stadium shenanigans in which Snyder has him embroiled, but regardless of his influence in this organization it is all peripheral. At the end of the day, you don't let the ground fall out from beneath your feet: Wins, filled-seats, ratings, and reputation are all that matter.

Goodbye, Bruce and Jay. If your demise isn't apparent by next week when we host New York, it'll be painfully obvious in the season-ender.

I get the sense Bruce has an Ernie Grunfeld-esque (or Vinny Cerrato-esque) hold on his job.  There's never been any real buzz about Snyder wanting to move on from Bruce, other than Russell.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I get the sense Bruce has an Ernie Grunfeld-esque (or Vinny Cerrato-esque) hold on his job.  There's never been any real buzz about Snyder wanting to move on from Bruce, other than Russell.

Brewer has said similar things about Bruce being on the ropes from his sources but the stadium being what's saving him for now.

I dont get all of this Bruce is here forever stuff. If only there was another analogy to this? Well, yeah how about Vinny Cerrato who was even closer to Dan supposedly.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brewer has said similar things about Bruce being on the ropes from his sources but the stadium being what's saving him for now.

I dont get all of this Bruce is here forever stuff. If only there was another analogy to this? Well, yeah how about Vinny Cerrato who was even closer to Dan supposedly.

I'd be fine with Boob if they locked him in a closet with a phone and laptop, specifically configured to work on the stadium deal only. We need to make sure we keep Smith.

12 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Bruce and Jay and Manusky need to be fired.  Today.

Keeping any of these clowns sends the wrong message to the team and the fans, that mediocrity will be tolerated.

I'll drive down and help them load their **** into a U-Haul.

Because the last 25 years says something any different?

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The leaks and rumors about his exit that are coming soon.  It’s coming.

It needs to be accompanied by Gruden also getting handed his walking papers.

Furthermore, the league needs to take notice of the failed experiment of Dan Snyder and consider intervening for the benefit of one of the (former) marquee franchises in the NFL. This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Archived