Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Something about the way Daniel is walking on to the field..in that photo..like he has something...(not making a joke about cancer)...he looks like he has a disease or cancer or something..I mean besides walking like hes had a stick up his ass something is weird about that pic of him

It's not been a fun ride for Snyder-Bruce thus far this season.  If this doesn't explode the bubble i hope at the very least it pops it some

A.  They are regarded nationally as a laughingstock.  And its really picked up as for the intensity of that narrative

B.  Their best player refuses to play for them and arguably just won a showdown with them.  Finlay said he talked to someone he knows at the FO yesterday who said yeah Trent won.

C.  Supposedly Bruce begrudges any success that Kirk has.  Well, Kirk and the Vikings beat them and have a good record at the moment.

D.  Kyle had his revenge moment after calling them out and his team is undefeated.

E.  Another DC team has surpassed them as a conversation topic smack in the middle of the NFL season.

F.  That same team will have a victory parade in DC and celebrated as a massive success with plenty of that juxtaposed with the failures of the Redskins

F.  And that's before even diving into their horrendous record

What's rock bottom?  I guess they don't think they've hit it yet.  Judging by what some beat writers are saying they are banking on a late season run to prove that they had a playoff team but Jay was the problem and all should be right in 2020.  Good luck with that.  😀

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Something about the way Daniel is walking on to the field..in that photo..like he has something...(not making a joke about cancer)...he looks like he has a disease or cancer or something..I mean besides walking like hes had a stick up his ass something is weird about that pic of him

All this from a still picture taken from 20 yards away? lmao

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, CapsSkins said:

Makes sense. "Redskins FO dysfunction" has become such a tired trope for NFL reporters, they trot it out even when it doesn't make sense. Who could have been so upset for not trading up for Dwayne Haskins with no long-term QB solution in the building?

Your point about the team's fate living and dying by QB play is a good one. We've built our team enough to the point where we should be at least 8-8 this year, though I'm not sure we can go 10-6 with Colt/Case/rookie Dwayne under center. What do you think Gruden needs to accomplish to stick around -- a winning season or a playoff berth?

Frustration with the D-coordinator aside, I like we've had 6 years of stability at HC (and thus Offense) and am optimistic about Haskins' potential with this staff. Would hate to see Jay (who I think is a fine coach, not great but give him the LA Rams roster and I wonder how much praise he'd get thrown on him vs. McVay) get cut just as he finally gets QB talent to work with.

On the plus side, no HC candidate with options would pick a team that has no long-term solution at QB. Redskins now have more than enough pieces to be an attractive coaching destination should we decide to enter that market.

Oh, you sweet summer child...….

Were we ever really this young?

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, Thinking Skins said:

So I'm listening to hour 3 of Al Galdi's show today and its inspiring because he is discussing my theory all along about Bruce and that he is the one keeping Dan in place, even compared it to Al Davis and what Bruce could do there (keeping him in check from his wilder moves) and they went to a SB. And I think this is a critical element of the Bruce Allen / GM story. Marty didn't work here because he couldn't talk to Dan. Vinny could talk to Dan so he stayed. But Vinny had no idea how to build a franchise. Bruce may not be the "football mind" people want but at least he has been a part of winning organizations in both Oakland and Tampa. And we can disagree about how successful they were and what Bruce's role was in those things, but I've always thought that Michael Lombardi's POV was overstating things. about Bruce's minimal involvement. Its not about Bruce being a scout, I think its about Bruce keeping Dan in control so that the football people can do their thing. 

Now Al's theory was that the reason Lacanforta didn't work is because he couldn't talk to Dan. We all noticed (and called it refreshing) how different his talking to the media was from the previous front office. Kinda saying, "Dan your way of doing business is wrong" and as much as we would like to tell Dan that, maybe Dan just didn't want to hear that. And honestly, looking at this site and how excited the fanbase is right now, maybe there's something to the idea that we just needed a QB in inspire the fans. We'll see about that when we look at empty seats in the season. RG3 had captured this city in a way like I hadn't seen since my childhood, so maybe there's something to this. 

I'm going back to the optimism after the draft, because I'm a jackass and I wasn't around here much then.

I love this post.

Reading this now, the message is basically "Dan is on the Spectrum and Bruce is the one who keeps him from hurting himself when he is over-stimulated." But, like three posts later, Art is being all Art and telling us how the Redskins pulled a fast one on the Giants to force them to take the QB they clearly wanted who appears to be years ahead of Haskins.

I look forward to the next off-season when Bruce hires a trained squirrel as HC and the apologists reappear to explain how everything was always building towards this moment.

Yes apparently a 3rd decade (a 2nd with Brewse) of 1980s Tampa Bay Buccaneers like performance is required for Dan to pull his head out of his ass and step aside.

Yeah, that's all he needs. Building a winner just takes time. Just ask Mike Brown of the Bungles.

Speaking of the 80s. Maybe Doofus Dan just watched way too many of those Revenge of the Nerds movies back in the day and can't believe that it's not gonna work.

You know it’s bad when you have a vivid dream of seeing dan and Bruce while at a redskins game and yelling “fire Bruce Allen!!!!”. All the while they give you the death stare. Even in my dreams he doesn’t get fired 🤣

On 10/31/2019 at 1:34 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Dan had cancer some years ago as well and I'm not sure if he's totally cancer free. Like Trent, I'm sure he has to be checked periodically.

But here's my take...

Trent has said he has a lot of respect for Dan. It's obvious the Bruce is the **** here. The situation for me is this:

1. Trent has animosity towards a medical team that has been documented as being inept.  Bruce is in charge of that medical team. He's done nothing about it.

2. Trent is playing with no guaranteed money with the possibility of death and no money coming into his household. Because his issue is not football related, he was coming out of pocket for the medical treatment....with no money coming in the house, lots of money spent for medical procedures, and money being taken away for not being at practice/games/etc. All done by Bruce who didn't have to do that because the money is already allocated. Its a GM's choice not a ****ing rule.

3. Trent wants guaranteed money to protect his family. Bruce is playing hardball with his cornerstone player. ****ed all the way around!

So come HOF time, the Redskins will take another hit when Trent goes in representing another team. I truly think Bruce is an asshole. But worse, he has this organization by the balls because of the stadium deal.

I like the Everett extension, not necessarily the who it was, but just knowing that the team is doing business in-season right now. I don't expect anything big in terms of some of the FAs to be, but I wonder if they're talking to a Flowers about an extension, maybe Penn, or even some of the younger guys who have a year left on their deals. 

5 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I like the Everett extension, not necessarily the who it was, but just knowing that the team is doing business in-season right now. I don't expect anything big in terms of some of the FAs to be, but I wonder if they're talking to a Flowers about an extension, maybe Penn, or even some of the younger guys who have a year left on their deals. 

Yeah sure, let's sign everyone to extension but Scherff!

15 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah sure, let's sign everyone to extension but Scherff!

I honestly never know what to expect from Bruce. Did the Trent thing get him mad at the whole team where he wasn't talking to anybody? Was the upcoming CBA negotiations making him (or players) not want to talk about extensions? I'm all for bringing guys back, but other teams do in-season re-signs, I was wondering when/if we would, and who it would be. Hopefully we can sign some more guys as we attempt to lift this team out of the gutter

The whole malaise of this season had me thinking...what would you rather?

Option A: Snyder finally comes to his senses and fires Bruce Allen and hires a true GM, while working into said GM's contract that Snyder agrees to remove himself of all football related decisions. 

Option B: Snyder walks past a mirror and stops, gazes into his own eyes and comes to realize that if you truly love something, set it free and puts the team up for sale. However, who purchases it, is anyone's guess.

I would rather gamble and choose option B. I suppose the obvious thought is "of course, option B! It can't get any worse!" but really? It could be another 20 years of suck but just under different ownership. At least with option A, you are getting what I believe most fans could realistically hope for and less uncertainty. 

However it all comes down to being rid of Snyder as the ultimate win...even if it means an uncertain future.

Well more fuel to this dumpster fire of a front office. The NFLPA is stating misinformation is being spread about Trent's medical condition - Which when you think about it means the Redskins are lying or if they aren't lying they committed a crime (Hippa violation). 

Archived