Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

34 minutes ago, Csup said:

I don’t blame Allen at all.  He’s collecting a paycheck.  Snyder owns the club- and this mess.

He’s not only height-challenged, he’s a mental midget.

This strategy is ALL Allen.  Snyder's instinct is to be super aggressive all the time.

Snyder's the fool for trusting Allen, and Allen is the fool with the "plan."

51 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This strategy is ALL Allen.  Snyder's instinct is to be super aggressive all the time.

Snyder's the fool for trusting Allen, and Allen is the fool with the "plan."

Oh I agree.  My point is that Synder is supposedly the genius business owner and he is the only one that can fire Allen.  If I were a **** up collecting a nice paycheck to run an NFL team - I wouldn’t go anywhere until I was fired.  Thus-this mess lays at the feet of the midget.

@Csup First offense so just a verbal warning, but please don’t circumvent the profanity filter from here on out (rule 6). Wanted to mention it here to serve as a reminder to everyone as it’s been happening frequently as of late (makes sense, we’re all frustrated). 

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.
Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Members quoting profanity filter violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly. 

9 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

@Csup First offense so just a verbal warning, but please don’t circumvent the profanity filter from here on out (rule 6). Wanted to mention it here to serve as a reminder to everyone as it’s been happening frequently as of late (makes sense, we’re all frustrated). 

Yikes.  That’s some $@&%+* #**%++% on my part.  Sorry.

There's 360 pages of talk directed at how pitiful and awful Bruce Allen is to this organization.

Where's the damned talk about what can be done to help speed this thing up?

This is the direction that the thread needs to go in.

Dan Snyder is the only one who can remove Bruce Allen from this team, and it will take effort to do so.

1. Protests? Maybe outside the stadium? In the stands?

2. Banners or billboards

3. Full page newspaper ad expressing the fans' displeasure of Allen and the demand for his removal

4. Contacting minority owners

5. Constant phone calls to the office demanding him being fired

6. Ads on the sides of city buses

There HAS to be a way to get to Snyder to get it through his thick skull that Allen is the problem, and fans are not going to go to games until he is removed. I sign on every day, hoping to see the headline that Allen is 'stepping down' or has been removed from the organization, and every day I am disappointed. This season is long gone, but if Allen is here for next season much less the draft, then this team is permanently lost. I don't want this happening to the team I grew up being a fan of, and yes I am just spit-balling but **** there's GOT to be some way to get the message through. The man is a ****ing jinx to this team, and it has gone on for too long, and its time for action.

7 minutes ago, jamellm78 said:

Protest right outside Redskins Park

I'm from the UK, if I lived in DC i would protest everywhere Allen will see it on gameday, starting at the road were they drive down to the stadium, then outside the stadium and finally inside the stadium. 

Allen OUT Allen OUT Allen OUT 

HTTR 

My pops was telling me a story about Snyder before he became owner of the 'SKins..... basically confirmed his personality... His friend worked with him and in order to get something to him or talk to him, even if he was standing in front of you, was to talk to the person next to him and have them relay the message. He would not address you or even look at you. You were not allowed to speak directly to him...

Seems like not much has changed... little Napoleon.

15 hours ago, Makaveli said:

Ultimately, Snyder is the problem. He runs the team like a country club.

Cerrato? Racquetball buddy.

Allen? Drinking buddy.

Why does he make it a point to be friends with the person running football operations? In what scenario is that a good idea? It certainly makes it harder to look at the situation objectively. It’s probably the reason he stuck with Vinny so long and the same with Bruce. When you’re invested in something with a “close” friend you’re going to view it as “we’ll get through this rough patch together” rather than judging them on performance. You’ll only end up firing them when you’re backed up against a wall and have no other alternative.

Alex Smith in the owner’s box. Bowling with Griffin. Theismann. Son went to the same school as Haskins. Portis. Tom Cruise. Matthew Mcconaughey. More country club nonsense. It’s a social platform for him.

I've been a critic of Dan for a long time, took a breather for a small span towards the end of the Shanny tenure where I was tougher on Shanny than Dan during the RG3 debacle. 

I've also been a critic of Vinny and Bruce.   To me its perfectly feasible IMO to have two problems cooking at the same time.   I've never thought (and still don't) that Bruce is some mindless stooge of Dan.  The way I see it (backed by just about everyone who covers the team) Bruce is Dan's trusted lieutenant and adds his own special stamp on the dysfunction with Dan weighing in too from time to time.   Dan seems to be attracted to hanging with dudes who are like him.  To me the craziest of the stories about Dan is still the one told by Vinny about what the kicker was as to why they didn't hire Gregg Williams which he described being that they watched the playoffs together and they didn't bond together like pals and Dan was looking for that kind of chemistry. 

What do Vinny and Bruce have in common?  They were/are Dan's BFF.    I've thought for a long time Dan was incompetent but it took me awhile to realize he' also some odd social freak.  Like you said it is a country club with Dan.  It's like high school with him.  Who can he hang with?  Who thinks he's cool?  Who does he feel cool to be around.  It's really pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

My pops was telling me a story about Snyder before he became owner of the 'SKins..... basically confirmed his personality... His friend worked with him and in order to get something to him or talk to him, even if he was standing in front of you, was to talk to the person next to him and have them relay the message. He would not address you or even look at you. You were not allowed to speak directly to him...

Seems like not much has changed... little Napoleon.

These types of stories are all too familiar, from way too many people, to not be true.  I shared a while back that I once worked with a woman whose dad was Dan's CPA several years ago and she would say he was pretty much an awful, arrogant, prick that treated the people who worked for him like crap.  To the point her mom and dad would fight regularly, that she wanted him to quit and accept less money to work elsewhere to get away from him. 

What's funny is that you don't hear these types of stories from celebrities or athletes, as Dan gazes at them in awe and doesn't deem them less than himself like he does regular folks.  So of course those folks love Dan.

I'm still pissed about it... One of my buddies put in a bid to buy the Skins at the same time as Snyder... Snyder ultimately bid more. 

Ziggy is a good dude and would have been an awesome owner. He's just a great personality. He drives his Redskins golf cart around most of the day enjoying semi-retirement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1998/12/09/another-redskins-bidder-at-table/9748ce99-ae7f-4170-84a4-9ad1f5675ea4/

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

These types of stores are all too familiar, from way too many people, to not be true.  I shared a while back that I once worked with a woman whose dad was Dan's CPA several years ago and she would say he was pretty much an awful, arrogant, prick that treated the people who worked for him like crap.  To the point her mom and dad would fight regularly, that she wanted him to quit and accept less money to work elsewhere to get away from him. 

What's funny is that you don't hear these types of stories from celebrities or athletes, as Dan gazes at them in awe and doesn't deem them less than himself like he does regular folks.  So of course those folks love Dan.

This stuff is part of the culture that past employees have talked about including one who is very vocal on twitter.  Bruce seems confused (no surprise there) about the culture question -- culture isn't about just about players in the locker room but about the FO itself and ownership.  What type of vibe does an organization give?  Class?  Sleaze?  Ahead of the curve?  Behind the curve?  FO teamwork--good flow.  Stuff like that.

Dan is depicted as a high strung dude who can be cruel and massively impatient.  Factions are formed in that FO.  Scapegoats needed.  All the crap that probably most of us experienced with our worst jobs.  I like to associate Dan with Steinbrenner even though in some ways they are very different.  I've read a couple of books about Steinnbrenner which painted the dude as much worse than even what has leaked publicly -- Steinnbrenner would even berate the vendors at the stadium.  He'd walk around the office and people would fear him.  Steinnbrenner like Dan though had his pet employees who he liked -- partly because they were good at sucking up to him.

And you hear all these odd stories about what kind of dude Dan is.  Grant Paulsen said that he was at an event that Dan was at and Dan got there fairly early and didn't have his people there with him yet.   So he stood awkwardly in a corner and could barely muster a conversation and maintain eye contact.   

Most who have covered this team have flat out said what goes on behind the scenes is worse than what people know right now.  

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'm still pissed about it... One of my buddies put in a bid to buy the Skins at the same time as Snyder... Snyder ultimately bid more. 

Ziggy is a good dude and would have been an awesome owner. He's just a great personality. He drives his Redskins golf cart around most of the day enjoying semi-retirement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1998/12/09/another-redskins-bidder-at-table/9748ce99-ae7f-4170-84a4-9ad1f5675ea4/

No flippin way..your friends with someone that bid to buy the Redskins?!?!..I don't mean to sound ridiculous(and I'm certainly not being sarcastic)but that would be cool as ****!!

Out here in the west when you want to get a point across you do it face to face..if I lived any where in the region of where snyder lived I would go above and beyond to get close enough to him to tell him how horrible he's doing. If I lived anywhere near b allen..same thing..I'd tell him just to get the **** outta dodge already!!..lol..yall there in the region need to make a stand..get out from behind the stupid ass ticky tacky smocial shmedia bs and women/man up and make a stand!!

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Out here in the west when you want to get a point across you do it face to face..if I lived any where in the region of where snyder lived I would go above and beyond to get close enough to him to tell him how horrible he's doing. If I lived anywhere near b allen..same thing..I'd tell him just to get the **** outta dodge already!!..lol..yall there in the region need to make a stand..get out from behind the stupid ass ticky tacky smocial shmedia bs and women/man up and make a stand!!

Exactly if Somone was in an elevator with Allen or with Snyder and didn’t say a word. Man up,  you had a chance besides the passive aggressive nature on a message board.   

7 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

Exactly if Somone was in an elevator with Allen or with Snyder and didn’t say a word. Man up,  you had a chance besides the passive aggressive nature on a message board.   

Bam!!..thank you!!!...no **** this would be one bakedtater in a jail cell if I was in an elevator with b allen..

17 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No flippin way..your friends with someone that bid to buy the Redskins?!?!..I don't mean to sound ridiculous(and I'm certainly not being sarcastic)but that would be cool as ****!!

It'd be a lot cooler if he actually won the bid with his partners... We're stuck with what we got for now. Nobody was going to outbid Snyder

I am just not understanding why Bruce will not trade Kerrigan and Williams?? He is not planning on coming back until week 10 and by then and even now it is a wash in that he will not have any impact. He does not want to play for the organization anymore. Why not get some draft picks while we can to build? I am still flabbergasted over the trade with Kansas City and giving away a really good, young cornerback. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I really did not like that trade at the time. Also didn't like the way Kirk Cousins was handled. There is a huge list going back to Allen, yet he is still here. I feel like this is Cerrato part two. The man even tried to feed Doug Williams to the wolves instead of owning up to his mistakes.

If you look at my post history, I am always the glass is half full type when it comes to the Redskins, but Allen is getting out of hand. Argh! How could he not trade both of them?!

Just now, Blue Collar Skins said:

I am just not understanding why Bruce will not trade Kerrigan and Williams?? He is not planning on coming back until week 10 and by then and even now it is a wash in that he will not have any impact. He does not want to play for the organization anymore. Why not get some draft picks while we can to build? I am still flabbergasted over the trade with Kansas City and giving away a really good, young cornerback. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I really did not like that trade at the time. Also didn't like the way Kirk Cousins was handled. There is a huge list going back to Allen, yet he is still here. I feel like this is Cerrato part two. The man even tried to feed Doug Williams to the wolves instead of owning up to his mistakes.

If you look at my post history, I am always the glass is half full type when it comes to the Redskins, but Allen is getting out of hand. Argh! How could he not trade both of them?!

Sadly, I'd take Cerrato over Allen any day of the week

Archived