Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

It's unbelievable that Allen still has a job..Everyone just needs to move on from this ****ty team until Snyder sells it.

I barely care about the team anymore so I guess I'm very close to that line. I think the main reasons I still check in is to keep tabs on the soap opera. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I think even an empty, crushed up 7 ounce can of Coors light holds more value than Bruce Allen.

You can return an empty for cash, so you would be correct. Can't return Allen, and definitely won't have someone pay to take him off your hands. 

9 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I think we should change the title of this thread, no way in **** should Bruce Allen and GM be written or mentioned in the same sentence. 

HTTR 

Depends on what GM stands for. I'm fine for it as long as it doesn't means General Manager.

I'm sure you guys could come up with lots of colorful definitions of GM.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:21 PM, Thinking Skins said:

From what Doc Walker says, this is Santos's department. I thought we were getting better in this area under Scot, and I understand the success rate being extremely low for these pickups (and I'll admit that I'm impressed that we're still going after young guys with talent over old guys), but I really feel like this is another area where we can improve. 

I like Scot's drafts better than most.  I don't care much for his FA crops.  But I do agree, he did nicely with in season FA pick ups.  I don't think much of Santos' work in FA -- assuming he's the lead dance on it which I don't know for sure.

As for Bruce he's not changing my mind about him based on in season FA pick ups.  He's way too deep in a hole with me to dig out that easy.

But as for the in season stuff Spence is intriguing.  He was a hyped prospect in the draft that year.  Also Hentges had some hype in the Colts camp and he's an Alabama dude so am somewhat intrigued. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Scot's drafts better than most.  I don't care much for his FA crops.  But I do agree, he did nicely with in season FA pick ups.  I don't think much of Santos' work in FA -- assuming he's the lead dance on it which I don't know for sure.

As for Bruce he's not changing my mind about him based on in season FA pick ups.  He's way too deep in a hole with me to dig out that easy.

But as for the in season stuff Spence is intriguing.  He was a hyped prospect in the draft that year.  Also Hentges had some hype in the Colts camp and he's an Alabama dude so am somewhat intrigued. 

Honestly I've soured (a lot) on Scot's drafts. Kyle's are better but that's not saying much. I'm a big fan of the draft, thr these are reminding me of Casserly's drafts from the 90s. A bunh of backups and spot starters, but no legit gamechangers. Maybe were not using them right (Breeland, Smith), but I'm seeing more backups than playmakers. 

And Bruce is Bruce, but we have to have a way to evaluate guys who hold jobs. So if somebody is in charge of scouting college or pros, I'll grade him (probably on a Bruce curve) based on that. I think Santos in this respect has been similar to Kyle, good at band-aids, but bad at building strengths. 

10 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly I've soured (a lot) on Scot's drafts. Kyle's are better but that's not saying much. I'm a big fan of the draft, thr these are reminding me of Casserly's drafts from the 90s. A bunh of backups and spot starters, but no legit gamechangers. Maybe were not using them right (Breeland, Smith), but I'm seeing more backups than playmakers. 

Scot was burried on Scherff over Leonard Williams.  He was right on that one.  Preston Smith right now looks like our best 2nd round pick in eons.  Too bad he's becoming a stud elsewhere.  Crowder is a good 4th round pick.  Reiter is still in the league.  Jarrett looked like a good one if not for his freak injury.  Ionnaidis is a good one.  His 2015 draft IMO was very good.  His 2016 so so.  As Kiper likes to say 2-3 starters is a good draft.  You are going to get more whiffs than hits.

As for Kyle the 2017 draft doesn't look as good now as it felt like back then.  I guess right now it looks like Allen and Roullier might end up the best players from it.  Not a bad draft either though IMO but nothing special. 2018 draft is looking good but we need another season or two IMO to judge.  2019, ditto, in theory it looks good but much depends on Haskins and Sweat developing.

I agree with your overall point.  It's almost weird how we can't draft studs.  When NFL TV shows, PFF or whomever talks about stars-game changers there are really no Redskin players to be found.  Neither Scot or Kyle have broken that streak.  Part of the reason why I'd love to get Chase Young in this draft is that to me he looks like a bonafide star.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I wonder if Daniel sees stuff like this?

No.  He's like the Cheeto and only gets positive, biased press clippings.  In his case, there is none.

Dan has no idea how the Skins really are and frankly doesn't care.   He got want he wanted.  I'm big bad owner of the Redskins.  I can hang out with star football players.  I can make money out the wazoo and when Bruce gets me a new stadium; my team will be worth even more billions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm sure he does.  I dont believe for one second that he's insulated from this stuff.  I dont think Bruce is filtering all the information. 

The only other plausible alternative is, he avoids it and doesn't see it because he knows it's not complimentary.  But I dont think he's oblivious that people hate him and think he and his right hand man are dopes.  

• Like 1

Bruce and Dan have turned the Skins into the least desirable franchise to play for in the NFL. That’s just a fact at this point. Even the Dolphins seem to have a plan — and lots of picks. Plus, players love the state of Florida.

I wonder if the final straw will be the number one overall pick refusing to play in DC a la Eli Manning. Because it could definitely happen. What agent wants their prized client to go to a constant dumpster fire?

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

It sounds like Danny has retreated to the point of being a recluse outside Redskins park. He clearly had some clinically narcissistic issues before — asking neighbors to call him “Mr. Snyder” — and now one has to wonder if his cumulative failures have mentally screwed him up completely where he can’t see the situation for what it is. That he is truly incapable of it and Bruce is benefiting from that.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hooper said:

Bruce and Dan have turned the Skins into the least desirable franchise to play for in the NFL. That’s just a fact at this point. Even the Dolphins seem to have a plan — and lots of picks. Plus, players love the state of Florida.

I wonder if the final straw will be the number one overall pick refusing to play in DC a la Eli Manning. Because it could definitely happen. What agent wants their prized client to go to a constant dumpster fire?

It sounds like Danny has retreated to the point of being a recluse outside Redskins park. He clearly had some clinically narcissistic issues before — asking neighbors to call him “Mr. Snyder” — and now one has to wonder if his cumulative failures have mentally screwed him up completely where he can’t see the situation for what it is. That he is truly incapable of it and Bruce is benefiting from that.

It doesn't have to be a #1 pick.  We are going to have a Top 5 pick, so picks #2-#5 can do the same thing. Frankly, I hope it happens if Bruce is still here.

We go into the 2020 offseason, then I want the worst head coach possible.  Quality free agents refusing to sign here, even taking lesser money elsewhere. Our raft picks refusing to sign with the team.

I want that to happen every year Bruce is still here.   

• Like 1
  • TK locked this topic