Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I really hope you are right.

I admire your optimism as I can't escape the feeling of impending doom.

Honestly, once again, the key is the run game. Get it going and now Kirk can work the PA roll outs and flash fakes into five and seven step drops to slow the rush.

no run game = no pass game, in my opinion, with this line. 

Run the ball. I want to see Perine see some carries. Can’t give Thompson too much work and risk him winding up in this thread, too.

Holy moley, down 3 lineman to a pretty good front. Well the cards are definitely stacked against us. Not sure what this means for our O, Kirk probably running for his life. Think what's been mentioned of heavy running attack, to keep Kirk upright might be the way to go. Smh, if it ain't one thing it's another with this team. If we do pull it out it's a tremendous accomplishment though. So let's let it rip.

Look, many of once watched a bunch of. Redscabs beat a Dallas team with multiple future HOFs... it can happen but Jay better have a plan. I'd like to see WR screens early and often, some three TE sets, and PA on down one. I'd this idiot tries 5- and 7-step drops we're in for a long day. 

1 minute ago, TheCoach22 said:

Look, many of once watched a bunch of. Redscabs beat a Dallas team with multiple future HOFs... it can happen but Jay better have a plan. I'd like to see WR screens early and often, some three TE sets, and PA on down one. I'd this idiot tries 5- and 7-step drops we're in for a long day. 

Yup. 5/7 step drops will only work if the run game is a threat. Otherwise it could be a death sentence.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

From left to right:

Clemings, Lavauo, Roullier, Catalina, Moses

Thanks NC - that's a scary sight, and we all know Kirk isn't exactly mobile if he's running for his life today.

49 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I actually don’t think our OL is going to be as bad as some of you think. It won’t be as good as usual, obviously, with Trent and Scherff out. But never count a Callahan OL out. And Lauvao has been a savage in the run game this season so far. 

Im almost wondering if the patchwork line up is going to make Gruden focus on calling more runs to keep Cousins upright.

Can I borrow some of that optimism, coach?  Hope you're right, my dude.  Agreed on Callahan, but worried he's working with scrap heaps.

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Almost a perfect storm for us... patchwork oline causes drives to stall, forcing us to rely on our brand new kicker.  

Allen out vs this oline/run game is a blow too.  

Allen was in in more passing situations

I feel like our players are trying to be warriors until there’s help. Norman comes back, breeland goes out.

Im sick of the “everyone has injuries” crap. Not like this. Sure, there are marquee injuries, but tell me a team who top to bottom has been gutted like this. 

40 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What happened to breeland? 

I know he was questionable last week but he ended up playing. 

Why is he out this week? 

likely the same injury.  He probably should have missed last week but toughed it out without Norman

Man from the sounds of it, we should probably just put Trent on IR.  He's not gonna do it himself so I believe we should probably step in. Figure we are just waiting for Ty to be ready but, not sure we should wait any longer. Recovery is 6-9 months for him, so maybe we should start that clock already.

Archived