Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

3 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

Why does Foster get a pass on this? He goes to twitter to air his issues. That is the guy that you want on the team? Baker did that crap last year on the sidelines yelling at the defensive coordinator. Breeland constantly pops off on social media too. Did you ever think that we have a few clowns on the team that are players as well? Some have an ax to grind against the front office and that is ok to each their own. They have deserved it many times. But you can't support Foster taking this approach in the middle of the season either. All it does is hurts the team. Not professional at all and it will cost him on his next contract also no matter whom it is that gives it to him.

because this board is very against the Redskins FO from Snyder down.  Honestly I don't see what some fans gain from actually following the team as it seems like all they have is history.  They feel like the current team needs a complete rebuild but trust no one who would be in position to do it

Maybe I'm missing something but didn't Foster choose to have season ending surgery?  If so, what was the front office supposed to do?  Let him take up a roster spot so he could hit his incentives?? I'm glad to hear they settled their differences, but would love to hear what other way they were supposed to handle this?

1 hour ago, carex said:

because this board is very against the Redskins FO from Snyder down.  Honestly I don't see what some fans gain from actually following the team as it seems like all they have is history.  They feel like the current team needs a complete rebuild but trust no one who would be in position to do it

It is as if you have been in a coma for the past 17 years. 

It was a joke but I thought it was obvious.  You are asking us to trust a management that has proven to be totally incompetent.  Why would I believe Snyder and anyone working for him can suddenly outsmart the league?    And that is what you are asking if you want them to find better players than their competitors.  For 17 years he has shown to be the nail, not the hammer 

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It was a joke but I thought it was obvious.  You are asking us to trust a management that has proven to be totally incompetent.  Why would I believe Snyder and anyone working for him can suddenly outsmart the league?    And that is what you are asking if you want them to find better players than their competitors.  For 17 years he has shown to be the nail, not the hammer 

no, I'm not asking you to do anything of the sort.  I'm asking you to realize that if you don't think the team can succeed on any level all the way to ownership then the team has nothing to offer you except history.  The idea that the Redskins can become a winning team is actually totally foreign to your thought process.because the players can't play, the coaches can't coach, the front office can't acquire better players or coaches and the ownership can't get better front office people

7 minutes ago, carex said:

no, I'm not asking you to do anything of the sort.  I'm asking you to realize that if you don't think the team can succeed on any level all the way to ownership then the team has nothing to offer you except history.  The idea that the Redskins can become a winning team is actually totally foreign to your thought process.because the players can't play, the coaches can't coach, the front office can't acquire better players or coaches and the ownership can't get better front office people

I would never want to temper your enthusiasm.  If you want to believe that our fortunes can change hey, the Cubs and White Sox have won the World Series recently so anything can happen.    But you certainly can't blame fans for being a bit less optimistic.  I continue to root because this has been my team since 1971, I'm not going anywhere. But I have learned to manage expectations, that comes with rooting for a team that has not been a contender since 1992. 

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I would never want to temper your enthusiasm.  If you want to believe that our fortunes have changed, hey, the Cubs and White Sox have won the World Series recently so anything can happen.    But you certainly can't blame fans for being a bit less optimistic.  I continue to root because this has been my team since 1971, I'm not going anywhere. But I have learned to manage expectations, that comes with rooting for a team that has not been a contender since 1992. 

I have to say that the stuff I read doesn't feel like tempered expectations.

I can blame fans for demanding constant repetition of actions even they don;'t believe will work

I haven't read those posts and don't feel like going back. I just heard you say pretty much "why do you even bother to root for this team if you feel there is no hope?". I was simply trying to explain why many of us see little hope that things will change. After all this time I think a playoff win now and then is about where the bar is.  Daniel Snyder and Bruce Allen simply do not have any sort of history, individually and certainly as a tandem, to give me any sort of confidence what so ever that they will outsmart anyone. 

That goes double if they somehow become the only organization in memory to let a solid starting QB walk.  And that is a very real possibility.  Who lets a QB like Kirk Cousins leave?  Nobody. 

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I know he's part of your screen name, but Lavar and Antonio can both **** off in regards to this franchise.  Both are haters through and through and pieces of **** in general. 

Don't lump my dude Foster in with those two, he's just heated and emotional in the moment. 

I feel ya', but why do you say they can **** off?  Anybody that has shed blood and risked life and limb for this franchise will always be respected in my book.  Now there is definitely different levels of respect of course, but I singled out those particular players because they had heart on AND off the field.

They spoke their minds and wasnt afraid to expose FO BS.  I respect any man or woman who stands up for what THEY believe.

10 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I feel ya', but why do you say they can **** off?  Anybody that has shed blood and risked life and limb for this franchise will always be respected in my book.  Now there is definitely different levels of respect of course, but I singled out those particular players because they had heart on AND off the field.

They spoke their minds and wasnt afraid to expose FO BS.  I respect any man or woman who stands up for what THEY believe.

I hear you, and certainly personal opinion, but I think both of those guys have taken it a step further and done plenty to undermine the franchise for selfish reasons. 

Sorry to derail.  Hope Foster heals up and the bridges can be repaired so he's back next year. He's a great role player and the type of blue collar guy we need on this defense. 

Hail. 

41 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Absolutely!  At the end of the day, Snyder and his cronnies throughout the years have done nothing special to separate us from other bad teams on or off the field.  People used to beg to be here, not because of tradition, not because of B&G PRIDE, not because we are a well oiled machine from top to bottom, but because this was the place you could come get a big fat paycheck.

Now we dont run through free agents like that no more, but look at the people Snyder employed...  from Vinny to Allen...  where have we gotten better as far as the way our players are treated or their business handled?  Every so often, its the same crap!

The only people Ive ever heard speak highly of Snyder and staff with a straight face is Larry Michael (King ass kisser and slurper)  Joe Theismann (another typical Snyder company guy), and Tom Cruise (and he is 2 fries short of a happy meal in his head).

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I haven't read those posts and don't feel like going back. I just heard you say pretty much "why do you even bother to root for this team if you feel there is no hope?". I was simply trying to explain why many of us see little hope that things will change. After all this time I think a playoff win now and then is about where the bar is.  Daniel Snyder and Bruce Allen simply do not have any sort of history, individually and certainly as a tandem, to give me any sort of confidence what so ever that they will outsmart anyone. 

That goes double if they somehow become the only organization in memory to let a solid starting QB walk.  And that is a very real possibility.  Who lets a QB like Kirk Cousins leave?  Nobody. 

you're doing a fine job of explaining why you think there's no hope, not quite as good explaining why you continue to root for the team; history is one thing but you're putting a lot of energy into something based only off the past, and not a very good job of explaining why you think they should do more than the bare minimum if it's all hopeless.

Why waste money trying to acquire  a franchise QB for example?  Kirk's a solid starting QB?  Why does solid deserve anytime as the highest paid NFL QB ever or some new type of contract as rumors suggest he wants?  Why go for top free agents?

15 hours ago, carex said:

you're doing a fine job of explaining why you think there's no hope, not quite as good explaining why you continue to root for the team; history is one thing but you're putting a lot of energy into something based only off the past, and not a very good job of explaining why you think they should do more than the bare minimum if it's all hopeless.

Why waste money trying to acquire  a franchise QB for example?  Kirk's a solid starting QB?  Why does solid deserve anytime as the highest paid NFL QB ever or some new type of contract as rumors suggest he wants?  Why go for top free agents?

What is your plan for acquiring this "franchise QB".  How exactly is that going to happen? 

That has been the Kirk issue all along.   We have been looking for a franchise QB for over 30 years.  So have the Browns, Bears and about 10 other teams.   It's not just a question of spending the money to make it happen.  I'm not trying to be confrontational but I honestly don't understand why you don't get this.

So what's your plan for finding a QB who is better than Kirk Cousins?

What is your plan for acquiring this "franchise QB".  How exactly is that going to happen? 

That has been the Kirk issue all along.   We have been looking for a franchise QB for over 30 years.  So have the Browns, Bears and about 10 other teams.   It's not just a question of spending the money to make it happen.  I'm not trying to be confrontational but I honestly don't understand why you don't get this.

So what's your plan for finding a QB who is better than Kirk Cousins?

I'm fine with a game manager, thank you, as long as he doesn't think he deserves to be paid like the top QB in the league

22 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm fine with a game manager, thank you, as long as he doesn't think he deserves to be paid like the top QB in the league

This is where you are being naïve.   The highest paid has never meant the best.  It simply means the most recent signed as contracts continue to go up every year..  You need to understand this and there is nothing wrong what so ever with Kirk trying to capitalize on his current situation. Again the team has no other viable options. He knows it,  his agent knows it, and most importantly the market knows it. And the market always determines the price.  In everything.. It is very simply supply and demand and nothing more.   

Kirk has earned this position.  On the open market he would command the largest contract in the NFL. That is what he will sign for regardless of the team he signs with.  Until the next good QB's deal is up.  In a few years his contract won't look so out of line. 

So I'll ask again.  If you want to pass on Kirk what is your plan to find a QB who is better? 

13 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

What is the official patchwork starting offensive line going to actually be today? 

From left to right:

Clemings, Lavauo, Roullier, Catalina, Moses

And can we cut the Cousins ****? Wrong thread, it's game day, and it's Cowboys week. Take it to another thread or just re-read the same posts from months ago and spare the rest of us.

This is where you are being naïve.   The highest paid has never meant the best.  It simply means the most recent signed as contracts continue to go up every year..  You need to understand this and there is nothing wrong what so ever with Kirk trying to capitalize on his current situation. Again the team has no other viable options. He knows it,  his agent knows it, and most importantly the market knows it. And the market always determines the price.  In everything.. It is very simply supply and demand and nothing more.   

Kirk has earned this position.  On the open market he would command the largest contract in the NFL. That is what he will sign for regardless of the team he signs with.  Until the next good QB's deal is up.  In a few years his contract won't look so out of line. 

So I'll ask again.  If you want to pass on Kirk what is your plan to find a QB who is better? 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You go to the "game manager" tree and grab one of those while they are ripe.  Wait a season and pluck a few elite franchise qbs from the franchise tree.  Duh.

I don't care if we ever go to the franchise QB tree, but I feel like we're being derailed because my question is why is Darrell Green Fan so set on us having a franchise QB, if he doesn't believe the team as it is can ever win?  

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

From left to right:

Clemings, Lavauo, Roullier, Catalina, Moses

And can we cut the Cousins ****? Wrong thread, it's game day, and it's Cowboys week. Take it to another thread or just re-read the same posts from months ago and spare the rest of us.

That is a garbage oline. 

And agreed on the KC talk. It makes coming to this board not fun. Every thread devolves into it. 

Now you are just being annoying Carex. Don't be that guy.

You asked me  "Why waste money trying to acquire  a franchise QB for example?"

I'll ask again:  Just how do you plan on going about finding this franchise QB?  What is you plan to find a QB who is better that Kirk Cousins?  Or are you saying simply build up the team and find a middle of the road QB?  If this is the case we can argue all day long just how well loaded teams with average QBs do in the playoffs.  But I don't think you will like the facts stacked up against that argument. 

6 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

That is a garbage oline. 

And agreed on the KC talk. It makes coming to this board not fun. Every thread devolves into it. 

Yeah sorry about the KC talk, you are right it belongs elsewhere.  Not sure how it evolved but when a poster says something that I totally disagree with its hard to ignore or try to move the conversation. 

I actually don’t think our OL is going to be as bad as some of you think. It won’t be as good as usual, obviously, with Trent and Scherff out. But never count a Callahan OL out. And Lauvao has been a savage in the run game this season so far. 

Im almost wondering if the patchwork line up is going to make Gruden focus on calling more runs to keep Cousins upright.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I actually don’t think our OL is going to be as bad as some of you think. It won’t be as good as usual, obviously, with Trent and Scherff out. But never count a Callahan OL out. And Lauvao has been a savage in the run game this season so far. 

Im almost wondering if the patchwork line up is going to make Gruden focus on calling more runs to keep Cousins upright.

I really hope you are right.

I admire your optimism as I can't escape the feeling of impending doom.

Archived