Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

About what we expected. Sounds like Scherff is gonna go. Also nice to not see Breeland on that list. If he goes then our DBs are more or less intact this week for the first time since the start of week 3. Crowder would be the other one to watch now. 

If they want DHall to suit up then someone either has to go to IR or they need to make a cut. But can you cut Quick if Crowder can't go? Do you cut Bergstrom or Franklin and roll with only 2 backup OL for the Seattle game? 

1 hour ago, kleese said:

About what we expected. Sounds like Scherff is gonna go. Also nice to not see Breeland on that list. If he goes then our DBs are more or less intact this week for the first time since the start of week 3. Crowder would be the other one to watch now. 

If they want DHall to suit up then someone either has to go to IR or they need to make a cut. But can you cut Quick if Crowder can't go? Do you cut Bergstrom or Franklin and roll with only 2 backup OL for the Seattle game? 

I just hope one of Nsekhe, Long or WIlliams can go, I know it would be a long shot but just have one of them would help massively.

I think Crowder being out may be why we actually activated Hall besides only having three safeties.  I don't think we kept any of our other potential punt returners.

So that's five outs.  Crowder, Lauvao, Reed, Paul, Ionaddis

I think Nsekhe has to do a bit better than doubtful before they bring him back, that gives us six inactives.  Maybe one DB is inactive, Williams and Long dress and play in the event of emergency

12 hours ago, skinny21 said:

So, we're down our:

LT

LG

C

K

PR

Slot Receiver

Both nickel dlinemen (who happen to be our 2 best dlinemen)

1st TE

3rd TE

1 ILB

...and our swing tackle.  

Is that it? (feels like I'm missing someone, lol)

It will take a miracle tonight.  But **** it....HTTR!

Kelley is still limping and will not receive a full workload. That's just ****ing wonderful. I wonder if CT gets the surprise start, and the rare heavy workload.  I don't see the point in starting an injured Kelley, well other than we only have 3 backs in the entire organization. One is injured, one is usually on managed snaps, the other is.....

I think we will see a surprise dose of one Samaje' Perine today. It may end up being a short pass / check down day and prefer a hands heck healthy back in on most downs to give Cousins a consistent dump option.  It is interesting that we win when we run ~30 times, but of all those games I think our run game only really dominated for about 1 quarter the entire year.  That said, Jay may end up trying run heavy up the gut, as it may be better than 7 step drops with a patchwork OL in noisy nasty Seattle.  #SoftenEmUp.

I want to see Perine run outside zone where he won't have to do a jump cut as much as he does pounding the rock inside. If Jay wants definitive cuts from him, give him more definitive holes. It seems like one cut and go is best done outside with a lumbering back.

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm curious if we'll get anybody back next week.  And not just back, but at close to full capacity. Getting 75% of Shawn Lavauo, for instance, doesnt really do anything for me.  

You would think Scherff would have a good chance.... sounds like he was 50/50 on Sunday and obviously they felt he could go in an emergency if need be. I'd also like to think that Ty could be ready-- he finally practiced a little last week and has reached the far end of his timeline. Just getting those two would be huge. I have no doubt Trent is going to give it one more go this year-- no clue how long they wait to try it though. 

Would also hope to get Paul back next week. And Gruden said all along that Ioannadis would have a shot to cast it up and play. 

1 hour ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Did Scherff play at all yesterday..I didn't see him on the inactive list..what was the deal with Scherff yesterday?

He started played the first series but obviously was unable to really compete. Just could not hold up at game speed. Catalina came in on the second series and played the rest of the game.

Just now, Taylorcooley1 said:

Cool thanks...so he didn't re injure anything?

Did not hear anything about it post game and he only played that one series. But if he just could not function at game speed not sure how much better or closer he will be by next Sunday. Another week might be enough but who knows.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Did not hear anything about it post game and he only played that one series. But if he just could not function at game speed not sure how much better or closer he will be by next Sunday. Another week might be enough but who knows.

Ya here's to hoping he can be available full strength for the Vikings d line..if not set him again to give him the rest for the game against the saints..as I believe at the point will be a playoff game.

I think getting Nsekhe is the real key. Out of the 5 OLs we have out there, Clemmings may be the worst. At least Catalina and Roullier are rookies and could get better game by game. Furthermore, as he was an ex-Viking, I am sure Everson Griffen or whoever lines up against him knows him well and will abuse him

Archived