Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm shocked there is no interest in Andre Ellington.  It seemed like destiny to me when he gets cut the same week CT is put on IR.  No, I'm not expecting him to be awesome.  But I do believe that he's worthy of taking over 3rd downs, considering our other options.

I'm with you, he plays the exact role that CT had. Not to mention the fact that we're scarily thin at RB. Knock on wood, but imagine if something happens to Perine... 

Sounds like Roullier is also out. So now we have no centers either. 

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

I'm with you, he plays the exact role that CT had. Not to mention the fact that we're scarily thin at RB. Knock on wood, but imagine if something happens to Perine... 

Where are we not scarily thin right now?

Lovao is also heading to IR. 

Currently we have 15 on IR.  How does that work? Is Dan still paying guys who are on IR? This must be the most expensive year in terms of salary then. (Althought the uncapped year was also expensive with some sneaky moves of us, but unoffical cap was way lower then). 

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm shocked there is no interest in Andre Ellington.  It seemed like destiny to me when he gets cut the same week CT is put on IR.  No, I'm not expecting him to be awesome.  But I do believe that he's worthy of taking over 3rd downs, considering our other options.

5 hours ago, CTskin said:

the issue with Ellington is the Skins game is on Thursday.  Who knows, if he's not signed by someone on Friday they may grab him sending Daniels back to the practice squad.  But he has no time to learn the offense right now.

3 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Lovao is also heading to IR. 

Currently we have 15 on IR.  How does that work? Is Dan still paying guys who are on IR? This must be the most expensive year in terms of salary then. (Althought the uncapped year was also expensive with some sneaky moves of us, but unoffical cap was way lower then). 

yep, everyone IR counts against the cap

9 hours ago, carex said:

yep, everyone IR counts against the cap

I think, but I could be wrong, that its just the top 53 salaries.  So even if we are pay 15 on IR and 53 on roster, its just a combination of the overall top 53. 

We've reached page 17...

Here is how the situation looks like right now:

IR:

- Jonathan Allen, DT

- Kevin Bowen, T

- TJ Clemmings, T

- Will Compton, ILB

- Mason Foster, ILB

- Dustin Hopkins, K

- Arthur Jones, DL

- Rob Kelly, RB

- Shawn Lauvao, G

- Spencer Long, C

- Keith Marshall, RB

- Trent Murphy, OLB

- Terrelle Pryor Sr., WR

- Phil Taylor Sr., DL

- Chris Thompson, RB

That's 15 guys on IR. 2 of them might come back at some point in the season.

On the injury report for this week:

- Terrell McLain, DL - OUT

- Montae Nicholson, S - OUT

- Jordan Reed, TE - OUT

- Chase Rouiller, C - OUT

- Ryan Anderson, OLB - QUESTIONABLE

- Zach Brown, ILB - QUESTIONABLE

- Ryan Grant, WR - QUESTIONABLE

- Matt Ioannidis, DL - QUESTIONABLE

- Anthony Lanier II, DL - QUESTIONABLE

- Morgan Moses, T - QUESTIONABLE

- Ty NSekhe, T - QUESTIONABLE

- Samaje Perine, RB - QUESTIONABLE

- Brandon Scherff, G - QUESTIONABLE

- Martrell Spaight, ILB - QUESTIONABLE

- Trent Williams, T - QUESTIONABLE

That's 4 OUT and 11 Questionable here.

Vernon Davis, Brian Quick and Quinton Dunbar should be good to go.

Also, if you want to check here, it's even worse to look at:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2017_injuries.htm

Now, just to have fun if all those questionable guys are out here what our team will look like:

Offense:

- QB: Cousins (McCoy)

- RB: Byron Marshall (LeShun Daniels)

- TE1: Vernon Davis (Jeremy Sprinkle)

- TE2: Niles Paul

- WR1: Josh Doctson (Maurice Harris)

- WR2: Jamison Crowder (Brian Quick)

- LT: Nobody

- LG: Arie Kouandjio

- C: Tony Bergstrom (Rhaney)

- RG: Tyler Catalina

- RT: Nobody

I would then suggest the coaches to play Sundberg at C and move Bergstrom and Rhaney to both T position, or whatever... That'll be scary.

Defense:

- DL1: Ziggy Hood (AJ Francis)

- DL2: Stacy McGee

- DL3: Caraun Reid

- OLB1: Ryan Kerrigan (Junior Galette)

- OLB2: Preston Smith (Ryan Anderson)

- ILB1: Zach Vigil (Pete Robertson)

- ILB2: Joss Harvey-Clemons (Chris Carter)

- CB1: Josh Norman (Kendall Fuller - Fabian Moreau)

- CB2: Bashaud Breeland (Quinton Dunbar)

- S1: DJ Swearinger (Joshua Hosley)

- S2: Deshazor Everett (DeAngelo Hall)

Not exactly what you want to see.

Hopefully, we won't reach that kind of thing. But if something ever happens to Bergstrom, we'll have to play our 4th string Rhaney or play Scherff here or I don't know who...

Yeah... We're good...

I think this is a huge week for injury updates. I think we reached the tipping point against the Giants-- we've been battling all year, but last night they REALLY didn't look like the same team. Fortunately, the Giants stink and we played tough and got the W. But I don't think we can beat Dallas unless we get at least a few of the guys back.

In particular, I think we at minimum need Roullier or Trent. Ideally, if we have both the OL is actually pretty solid. As a matter of fact, depending on how Ty fares at LG it's possible it's a tad better than early in the year. But with Ty at LT, Arie at LG, and Bergstrom at C, that is really, really pushing it. Probably two guys that shouldn't be in the league starting.

The other one I will really be watching for is Nicholson. I think the drop off is clear without his speed.

And I dare to even say this, but man this would be a nice week to get Reed back.

I would say it depends on Sean Lee's status. If he's good to go, yup, we might need a few guys back on the OL. But I feel that we played it cautious with Trent against the Giants because well, they aren't good. Rouiller is another problem.

But otherwise, their D isn't really world beaters. We could get away with another ugly win even without some.

I feel like Gruden is trying to spare time here and there to guys so we can rest them for the final games and in paloffs. That is if we reach them of course.

I think it’s obvious with Trent they are trying to manage it without completely throwing him to the wolves. Coming back on a short week probably wasn’t smart so now he gets an extra 3-4 days before he has to play again. My guess is that he is back out there for Dallas and we see him return to the week to week status. And once we are eliminated (if that is) then they likely shut him down. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t start in Dallas though. 

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

I'm already desensitized to our injury status. But I'd like some updates on key Cowboys Lee & Martin

Report from Cowboys practice yesterday was that Lee was working off to the side and that he was "iffy" for our game. Considering it's a hamstring, I'm thinking odds are likely against him playing if he isn't able to really run on it yet, much like Reed is dealing with for us. Martin and LB Justin Durant got concussions on Thanksgiving. Sounds like Dallas is optimistic they will pass protocol, but you never know now with those.

Archived