Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

32 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Shouldn't we see a couple OL IR's additions today? Or are they just waiting so not to show their hand?

I may be in the minority, but I see no real reason to play these guys anymore until they're healed up. Screw long developing plays and the W/L record.. Season over, get well, keep Kirk healthy (with safe play calls) and hope for a better draft pick.

You just don’t do that. 25% of the season left to go and guys are playing for their jobs. These four games may or may not matter to fans, but it’s 25% of what these people get paid to do. It’s not fair to ask them to essentially lay down. If guys are risking long term damage, then sure, I get it. But if other guys have to push through because it is their job and gives us a slightly better chance to win, then they need to play. 

1 hour ago, kleese said:

You just don’t do that. 25% of the season left to go and guys are playing for their jobs. 

Obviously you play to win, but (IMO) I don't think putting Trent and Morgan on the field injured is worth the (possible) reward.

It’s kind of amazing to me that the offense has played as they have.  Just the tackle situation has been ridiculous.  Lose your swing tackle, then your starting LT, then both ankles on the starting RT, then lose the backup to your backup... and then your LT comes back on one leg and your swing tackle plays guard instead of playing for one of your two injured tackles.  Geez, that was even ridiculous just to type.  

8 hours ago, skinny21 said:

It’s kind of amazing to me that the offense has played as they have.  Just the tackle situation has been ridiculous.  Lose your swing tackle, then your starting LT, then both ankles on the starting RT, then lose the backup to your backup... and then your LT comes back on one leg and your swing tackle plays guard instead of playing for one of your two injured tackles.  Geez, that was even ridiculous just to type.  

Try being the one reading it lol

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't directly related to current injuries but I didn't want to bump a Su'a thread just for this.

Anyway, apparently the cause for his retirement has finally come out.  It's called PCS or Post Concussion Syndrome.  Not sure how everyone else feels, but I'm ready to move on from this guy.  I just hope we can get a conditional ham sandwich in trade for him when the new league year begins...  

32 minutes ago, Paul Cumberland said:

This isn't directly related to current injuries but I didn't want to bump a Su'a thread just for this.

Anyway, apparently the cause for his retirement has finally come out.  It's called PCS or Post Concussion Syndrome.  Not sure how everyone else feels, but I'm ready to move on from this guy.  I just hope we can get a conditional ham sandwich in trade for him when the new league year begins...  

But the team put him on the left squad list.  If he was dealing with injury related concussion symptoms this whole time, that's a whole other story.

28 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If he was dealing with injury related concussion symptoms this whole time, that's a whole other story.

Rick Snider just alluded to this as well...  I can conceivably see the Players Association getting involved in this now as players on the reserve / left squad list do not get paid like they would if they had been placed on IR.  The conspiracy theorist in me says this is something Su'a did, to not only stem fan base scorn, but to be able to point his finger at our organization (timing aside) to say "look what they did to me...".  Just seems like we can never escape drama.  /sigh

Edit: Paul Connor just chimed in as well...   Some good questions here...  The drama will never end... lol

3 hours ago, Paul Cumberland said:

Well, "PCS" sounds better than "My client didn't really want to play football, so he left the team immediately and without warning the week before the season." I mean, he was caught on tape talking to Compton and basically saying he didn't have the desire to play. It's just his agent trying to clean up his mess.

Right now, I'm not counting on Cravens to contribute at all. In fact, I'd be surprised if the skins didn't try to trade him.

13 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well, "PCS" sounds better than "My client didn't really want to play football, so he left the team immediately and without warning the week before the season." I mean, he was caught on tape talking to Compton and basically saying he didn't have the desire to play. It's just his agent trying to clean up his mess.

Right now, I'm not counting on Cravens to contribute at all. In fact, I'd be surprised if the skins didn't try to trade him.

Yeah but now he can say that whatever he did then was due to PCS...

I find it hard that it only comes out now. But I would find it even harder than nobody in Redskins Park medical crew didn't come up with this...

So that is not much by now, but we'll have to see how it plays out...

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It looks like his agent is simply doing PR, trying to sell that he really did have problems, but is eager to get back to playing football.

However it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is much more to it and that Bruce and the gang did something sleazy.

I don't see what Bruce could have done that was sleazy. Not that it would be a shocker if he did, but the timeline of events doesn't really lend itself to any conspiracy theories. Cravens quit on the team right before the season, and Bruce/Snyder moved to put him on the left squad list (and ending his season) right away, as to not create any locker room conflicts or have any extraneous distractions. I'd expect any coach or GM would have done the same thing.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I don't see what Bruce could have done that was sleazy. Not that it would be a shocker if he did, but the timeline of events doesn't really lend itself to any conspiracy theories. Cravens quit on the team right before the season, and Bruce/Snyder moved to put him on the left squad list (and ending his season) right away, as to not create any locker room conflicts or have any extraneous distractions. I'd expect any coach or GM would have done the same thing.

I used "and the gang" to include anyone over there at Redskins Park, including the medical staff.  Not because I know anything.  I've thought all along that the team actually played their hand right on this one.  I just wouldn't be surprised to find out they didn't and there's a bunch of missing pieces that leave the team with egg on their faces per usual.

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Quick guess. Like fully knowing what Su'a Cravens situation was with PCS. But not telling anyone about it, including the player, let him suffer to put him on the left squad list and not pay him?

With the guys that are running our show, I could see that...

11 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Does my "pride as a fan" being injured count?

Only if you stop buying redskins gear. Otherwise, nope.

Cut Reed next June.  The Redskins need to identify an athletic pass catching, sound blocking TE in the draft that will cause mismatches for opposing defenses.  They can't rely on Reed to be that player, and V. Davis can't be relied on to defy age and be a viable alternative.  Continue to develop Sprinkle as a possession TE with blocking skills.   

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Quick guess. Like fully knowing what Su'a Cravens situation was with PCS. But not telling anyone about it, including the player, let him suffer to put him on the left squad list and not pay him?

With the guys that are running our show, I could see that...

Only if you stop buying redskins gear. Otherwise, nope.

Haven’t bought anything in over 5 years.

The “buying gear” thing is irrelevant unless you convince all NFL to do it. Just ask Jerry Jones who has fought it many times. Revenue sharing is alive and well on all merchandise. Snyder benefits every time an Aaron Rodgers jersey is sold. 

Archived