Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

I don't know if I've ever seen a skins team more ravaged by injuries. Jesus man.

Murphy, Allen, Taylor, Ioannidas, Foster, Compton, Brown, Kelley, the entire offensive line, Reed, Crowder & Norman for stretches, Hall...

You could almost field an entire team with our injuries this year. It might be a miracle we're 4-5 with all of that and our brutal schedule.

I keep telling myself from such seasons comes depth.  Think of all the Skin's 2nd and 3rd team players who will be coming into camp next year with actual NFL experience.  At a certain point, one can only get better competing against better.  Now we will have players who have played at the spot competing with players coming back from injuries.  That's the sunshine and happiness way I keep trying to tell myself to look at the season thus far.

17 minutes ago, gbear said:

I keep telling myself from such seasons comes depth.  Think of all the Skin's 2nd and 3rd team players who will be coming into camp next year with actual NFL experience.  At a certain point, one can only get better competing against better.  Now we will have players who have played at the spot competing with players coming back from injuries.  That's the sunshine and happiness way I keep trying to tell myself to look at the season thus far.

I think it can definitely be a positive as long as that depth can actually play a little bit. If they stink, they stink. If they don't belong in the NFL then it won't matter how many reps they get and they will likely stink next year too. But for the most part, our depth hasn't stunk. They've held their own; some have done even better than that. What we have seen is a slow attrition and wearing down. None of these guys have really gotten run over, but slowly we've seen the results dip as the injuries mount. But I think you are right-- it can pay dividends moving forward. McGee and McClain for example were effective when they were rotating in with Allen and MI-- they've been less effective when forced to play more snaps-- their weaknesses get exposed. If you go into next year with a guy like McClain as your 4th or 5th rotational option, that's pretty good.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a skins team more ravaged by injuries. Jesus man.

Murphy, Allen, Taylor, Ioannidas, Foster, Compton, Brown, Kelley, the entire offensive line, Reed, Crowder & Norman for stretches, Hall...

You could almost field an entire team with our injuries this year. It might be a miracle we're 4-5 with all of that and our brutal schedule.

The problem is, we *can't* field an entire team with our injuries this year.

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anytime now on Zach Brown news...

Gruden sounded fine about it in his presser today. Didn't even mention the possibility of him missing the game when talking about who would be making the defensive calls, etc.... That certainly doesn't mean his Achilles won't snap in half during warm-ups, but for now it appears they plan on him starting Sunday.

10 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Anybody know how many players have been IR'ed to date? 

Technically 11.... although not sure if two of them count... I don't know who Kevin Bowen is and Keith Marshall is also on the list. The other 9 are all names you'd know and/or contributed prior to going on the list. And I could be wrong on this, but I believe Allen and Hopkins are the two on there that are eligible to come off prior to our game with the Cardinals. If we can survive that long, Allen would certainly be a help down the stretch.

Well we need another RB.  We've got one on the PS now.  Trey Williams is still on the Cowboys PS  though.  WIth Nicholson having a concussion and a game in only 4 days, I'd say put Thompson and Lauvao on IR, since he's also hurt again and sign a RB and Fish Smithson

11 minutes ago, carex said:

Well we need another RB.  We've got one on the PS now.  Trey Williams is still on the Cowboys PS  though.  WIth Nicholson having a concussion and a game in only 4 days, I'd say put Thompson and Lauvao on IR, since he's also hurt again and sign a RB and Fish Smithson

Agree on promoting Smithson. Need to see what we have there to properly assess how big of a need FS is going into 2018. I like Montae but he is the Jordan Reed of the defense

3 hours ago, method man said:

Agree on promoting Smithson. Need to see what we have there to properly assess how big of a need FS is going into 2018. I like Montae but he is the Jordan Reed of the defense

It is his first year and I think a lot of his injuries are re-aggravating already existing injuries

13 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Can the OP send a private message to Thesubmittedone and have this thread closed too?? Ever since it's creation we've been nothing but a IR fest. :wacko:

This thread, the confidence thread, attending games. It’s more or less all my fault. 

5 hours ago, method man said:

His main issue is that he needs to learn how to tackle with better form.  Every time he's going in for a tackle, he goes in head first, full steam...like watching a bad car wreck.  Better tackling form should be the main focus for him this offseason.  That and getting his shoulder fully healed.  

15 hours ago, kleese said:

This thread, the confidence thread, attending games. It’s more or less all my fault. 

I know you say that in jest, but it really is crazy how things took such a drastic derailment with this thread, the confidence thread, and the elite defense thread.  They all popped up around the same time and things have been south ever since.

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know you say that in jest, but it really is crazy how things took such a drastic derailment with this thread, the confidence thread, and the elite defense thread.  They all popped up around the same time and things have been south ever since.

I'm just bracing for when the Redskins start sending me the medical bills...

Archived