Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

This is the argument for having 53 active spots for Game Day and perhaps expanding the Practice Squad.  It's bad enough you don't have the players 100% for the game but when you can't run practices and instill the game plan.  Hell, I don't know.  Does this put scrutiny on our strength and training department?  Are we up to date on treatments and facilities.  While parity is alive in well in the NFL, it really has come down to attrition, the team that stays healthy even if they don't have roster full of stars can win the division or make the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, kleese said:

This is the most baffling thing I've ever seen in my lifetime following this team or really any NFL team. Hard to wrap your head around. 

You started this thread..... giphy.gif

lmao, this sucks really. 

4 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Get rid of this thread!!!!  It's a jinx!!!!!!

lol

yup

Agree on shutting down Trent Williams.  I am not willing to risk his 2018 and 2019 for a longshot of 9-7 protecting a QB that won't be here next year.  Okay, nothing against KC, not trying to get him hurt but shoot, he has had the luxury of that All Pro Left Tackle, he might elevate his game a step further...if he had somebody to throw to.

Any word on when Ty might be available.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

This thread has claimed collateral damage. Injuries forced us to drop Mack Brown. Guy is now on Vikings roster. Won't see him back again unless they drop him. 

That's probably tied to the fact that we play them in two weeks.

Doesn't matter much if he brings the playbook or not, we're not sure to field a full team come that time as we're probably going to have a few banged up guys after Seattle... Then Vikings D...

This will be ridiculous by then... Put the whole team on IR and ask the NFL for the procedure then...

Shoring up some injuries....

Biography

Pro Career: Signed with Cardinals as an undrafted rookie free agent on 5/2/16. Released on 9/3/16 and re-signed to practice squad on 9/4/16. Elevated to active roster on 12/14/16.

2016: Played in one game after spending first 14 weeks of the season on Cardinals practice squad … elevated to active roster on 12/14 … active but DNP in two games … made NFL debut playing the final series at left tackle @ LAR (1/1/17).

The injuries may make it hard to make moves, but we need them.  Put some people on IR even if they won't actually miss 8 weeks.

IR Steven McLure and Niles Paul, activate Fish Smithson and Mannassah Garner from the PS.  At the very least it gives us two completely heathly bodies at DB and TE.  Cut Brian Quick use his spot for a DL.  I know only going with four WR seems risky, but we have gone with only four active twice.  He can be re-signed when injuries clear up.  If he's signed by someone else, then you activate Harris or Davis from the PS. 

Guys are going down like flies every week and they have no solution for the injuries.  Sorry to bring it up, but this didn't happen while McGloughan was here .  At least there was a plan in place.  I don't see any of that right now.  They have glue and tape and glue holding people together right now and that's pathetic.  

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Guys are going down like flies every week and they have no solution for the injuries.  Sorry to bring it up, but this didn't happen while McGloughan was here .  At least there was a plan in place.  I don't see any of that right now.  They have glue and tape and glue holding people together right now and that's pathetic.  

Short memory here.

It was not up to that degree, but the last two years have been tough on us as well... Don't you remember how we got guys of the street in 2015 to play DB? We even had to sign a guy off the street days before our PO game.

That story is nothing new, sadly...

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Short memory here.

It was not up to that degree, but the last two years have been tough on us as well... Don't you remember how we got guys of the street in 2015 to play DB? We even had to sign a guy off the street days before our PO game.

That story is nothing new, sadly...

Our DB's were going down like crazy, but just our DB's.  It's, aside from quarterback (please God don't do that to us), every single position has been hurt this year with at least two players at the position.  I mean we were down to our last offensive lineman who had just been signed not 30 hours prior.  That is insane. 

We've gotten the injury bug before, but never the pandemic version.

Archived