Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Foster is a good, but not great player.  He's a guy you'd like to resign after the season as you continue to rebuild the defense.  But it's not we're going to lose Ray Lewis if he walks.

never good to have drama though.

All that is true, but it's just one more position to have to fill. Basically our two starting ILB could be potentially be out the door.  

I wonder if it could be about Jay, cause in his presser he says Foster has been playing with a torn labrum and he mentioned the pain,  Most players would rather a coach say something like "he's been playing hurt, the pain doesn't bother him but his arm is hanging by a thread and we can't let him play anymore"

I'm less worried about replacing Foster than I am this is just another glimpse into what is a toxic situation in Ashburn.

Whether he's Ray Lewis or not is irrelevant to me.  He's a guy with a voice and the respect of his teammates airing out an already unlikeable FO.  He's not the first guy to make it a point in saying how much they love the coaches, players and staff and leaving it right there.

Homers will point to other scenarios across the league where this type of grievance isn't uncommon.  I'll just say this is never going to be the kind of organization where anyone not being paid by the team will compliment the FO for how they handle pretty much any and everything.

1 minute ago, carex said:

I wonder if it could be about Jay, cause in his presser he says Foster has been playing with a torn labrum and he mentioned the pain,  Most players would rather a coach say something like "he's been playing hurt, the pain doesn't bother him but his arm is hanging by a thread and we can't let him play anymore"

I'm not sure he'd go out of his way to say he loves the coaches, players, staff and fans of that was the case.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm less worried about replacing Foster than I am this is just another glimpse into what is a toxic situation in Ashburn.

Whether he's Ray Lewis or not is irrelevant to me.  He's a guy with a voice and the respect of his teammates airing out an already unlikeable FO.  He's not the first guy to make it a point in saying how much they love the coaches, players and staff and leaving it right there.

Homers will point to other scenarios across the league where this type of grievance isn't uncommon.  I'll just say this is never going to be the kind of organization where anyone not being paid by the team will compliment the FO for how they handle pretty much any and everything.

I tend to agree. There are likely never going to be warm fuzzies from players in regards to our FO. They generally handle most PR issues very poorly. That said, I also don't think it matters all that much because if we do have the right staff, etc in place and we keep drafting well guys WILL take the money.  I imagine Mason Foster would take it too if the Skins make him the best offer. 

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m concerned because Foster is a good role player... but moreso concerned what this means for signing someone like Zach Brown. 

Right now this offseason is shaping up to be scary...

I sure hope the cancer that is the FO goes back into remission and this situation gets taken care of and not just "forgotten"

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m concerned because Foster is a good role player... but moreso concerned what this means for signing someone like Zach Brown. 

Right now this offseason is shaping up to be scary...

Brown will probably do what he did this past off-season: take the best offer. 

I reckon Foster is pissed off over $$$. He was due 600k in LTBE which have probably now been lost. That cash would have lifted his earnings to about 2mil which was on par with Compton say. Bet he's agreed to play out the second year of his deal on a promise he starts, get playing time and thus the 600k gets paid. No wonder he's played for weeks with that injury.

...and classic Bruce would be to switch the PR engine on and give Zach Brown a long term deal in the near future.

Why does Foster get a pass on this? He goes to twitter to air his issues. That is the guy that you want on the team? Baker did that crap last year on the sidelines yelling at the defensive coordinator. Breeland constantly pops off on social media too. Did you ever think that we have a few clowns on the team that are players as well? Some have an ax to grind against the front office and that is ok to each their own. They have deserved it many times. But you can't support Foster taking this approach in the middle of the season either. All it does is hurts the team. Not professional at all and it will cost him on his next contract also no matter whom it is that gives it to him.

12 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

Why does Foster get a pass on this? He goes to twitter to air his issues. That is the guy that you want on the team? Baker did that crap last year on the sidelines yelling at the defensive coordinator. Breeland constantly pops off on social media too. Did you ever think that we have a few clowns on the team that are players as well? Some have an ax to grind against the front office and that is ok to each their own. They have deserved it many times. But you can't support Foster taking this approach in the middle of the season either. All it does is hurts the team. Not professional at all and it will cost him on his next contract also no matter whom it is that gives it to him.

I agree with this. My thing is go all in or keep it out. Don't dance in the middle like he's doing. Creates unnecessary drama. 

Just tell us EXACTLY how you were lied to. Explain exactly how you are being screwed over and I may very well side with you. If you're gonna teeter, no thanks. 

3 hours ago, kleese said:

But then he goes on to say his "backup makes more" than he does. 

Just to clarify this one point (as I agree he was vague about a lot of other comments), he only said this in reply to an asshole fan accusing him of not being worth "starter money". He responded saying he was barely making STs money and in fact his backup was making more. 

I don't think that's a central issue to him, he was just destroying that guy's 'logic'.

37 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

Baker did that crap last year on the sidelines yelling at the defensive coordinator. Breeland constantly pops off on social media too. Did you ever think that we have a few clowns on the team that are players as well? 

Baker already called out Tampa for lack of playing time, in a tweet. 

We love these type of players. Guys with little edge and swagger. Guys who just say what is on their mind. Only does guys are fun when they are happy. Then they talk a good kind of trash. Give fans and teammates some fire. When they are unhappy, they will tell there negative opinion. That's just being honest and wear your heart on your sleeve. 

By the way. I have no respect for my so called fellow Redkins that called out Foster. Some guys send some really terrible tweets to him. That's just crazy. Don't lower yourself to the point. 

I'm just getting up to speed on all of this.  First I learned that Foster is going on IR yesterday.  Mason Foster has been one of the unsung heroes of the season.  His play this year was so much better than Compton, that  is obvious.  Foster along with Brown are huge reasons why our run defense went from one of the worst every seen to pretty solid. Really bummed that he is out for the year.

Now I am reading all of this?  I think there is a lot to be said for the theory that by placing him on IR they costing him a lot of money in lost incentives.  If true he has every reason in the world to be upset.  And venting on social media is the way it's done today, I have no problem with him speaking up if he was ready to continue playing in pain and the ended his season to save money.  And let's be honest, with BA that is a very real possibility.  Just another reason to hate Bruce Allen.  I did not wake up this morning expecting that I have seen Mason Foster play his last game here but it sure seems likely now

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, you don't go public with this stuff if you have any GAF left.  He also mentioned "coddling the fake".  He's back at it already this morning.  Dude is fired up to say the least and everyone on the team is seeing it.

This organization has BEEN coddling the fake for years.  Just ask RG3 about his time here.

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Foster doesn’t get a pass. Airing stuff out on social media is lame. But the story isn’t Foster. It’s Allen. 

I personally have no problem with players/ex-players exposing incompetence and/or other BS involving this franchise.  There has been too many games played behind closed doors in this FO.

Im not mad at all at Foster putting things on blast.  I love players who aren't ass kissers to incompetent team officials.  Foster is now on my favorite players who aren't scared to "speak their mind" list joining, Lavar Arrington, Mike Sellers, Brian Mitchell, Doc Walker, Fred Smoot, and Antonio Pierce.

All I wanted to hear. Frustrating that it even came to that at all.

The most important thing for any organization is to run as one unit, one family, towards one goal. Engender loyalty and foster an environment conducive to success. The amount of hires that leave bitter and with the sense that they've been wronged proved that Dan and whoever his top exec is don't understand this basic principle, or fail to execute it with any consistency. Which then places an unnecessary burden on the coaches/staff/players in trying to overcome obstacles that should only be provided by opposition, not from within. Seeing yet another employee openly state his grievances with the team served as an ugly reminder of that for me, so this comes as a big relief. I'm glad they talked it out, but my cynicism towards Dan and Allen remains strong as much as I'd like it not to be. :/  

6 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

All I wanted to hear. Frustrating that it even came to that at all.

The most important thing for any organization is to run as one unit, one family, towards one goal. Engender loyalty and foster an environment conducive to success. The amount of hires that leave bitter and with the sense that they've been wronged proved that Dan and whoever his top exec is don't understand this basic principle, or fail to execute it with any consistency. Which then places an unnecessary burden on the coaches/staff/players in trying to overcome obstacles that should only be provided by opposition, not from within. Seeing yet another employee openly state his grievances with the team served as an ugly reminder of that for me, so this comes as a big relief. I'm glad they talked it out, but my cynicism towards Dan and Allen remains strong as much as I'd like it not to be. :/  

1 hour ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I personally have no problem with players/ex-players exposing incompetence and/or other BS involving this franchise.  There has been too many games played behind closed doors in this FO.

Im not mad at all at Foster putting things on blast.  I love players who aren't ass kissers to incompetent team officials.  Foster is now on my favorite players who aren't scared to "speak their mind" list joining, Lavar Arrington, Mike Sellers, Brian Mitchell, Doc Walker, Fred Smoot, and Antonio Pierce.

I know he's part of your screen name, but Lavar and Antonio can both **** off in regards to this franchise.  Both are haters through and through and pieces of **** in general. 

Don't lump my dude Foster in with those two, he's just heated and emotional in the moment. 

Archived