Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

So he says "god is absolutely in control of our lives" and then immediately pivots to talking about individuals with mental health issues. Is god somehow not in control of their lives then? Do they have some sort of cloaking device that shields them?

If god is in control of everything, then we should just close all mental health facilities and cease any attempt to stop mass shootings, because if it happens, and God is in control of all of our lives, then it was clearly meant to be.

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So he says "god is absolutely in control of our lives" and then immediately pivots to talking about individuals with mental health issues. Is god somehow not in control of their lives then? Do they have some sort of cloaking device that shields them?

If god is in control of everything, then we should just close all mental health facilities and cease any attempt to stop mass shootings, because if it happens, and God is in control of all of our lives, then it was clearly meant to be.

Ever read Candide by Voltaire?  He challenges, via satire, the absurd Christian philosophy of optimism. Specifically that God has created the best of all possible worlds and that everything that happens is necessary and intentional (and thus good).   The sort that leads people to say God is in control following a mass shooting.  

Young innocent Candide is forced to venture out into this best of all possible worlds and finds a world of **** instead.  

Also, beware of looking up info on this shooting on twitter.  There’s a gruesome video of a pile of bodies that seems to be from this latest Texas shooting all over Elon’s app.  Unless you want to see a pile of obviously dead adults and a dead child maybe just stick to the major news sites.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

The let satan into their lives. Now He controls them.

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

Certainly He has a plan for us all. It’s called Armageddon.

BAE18E53-7BC7-4711-86F0-0E2124E2E478.thumb.png.10d9845560512325368a42dff49039c3.png

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just glad when it happens in gun states like Texas. 

That’s where I’m at. I was going to go into detail but it makes me sound like more of a monster so I’ll just leave it there 

• Like 3

This is the civil war they were talking about, just not the one they wanted...looks like they're going to lose again. I can see the country splitting into gun control and anti gun control states and people living accordingly. People will either vote for change or take their children and live elsewhere. Conservatives are more ok with letting kids die at school, but I don't see the liberals sticking around for it.

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just glad when it happens in gun states like Texas. 

Hard for me to be glad anytime this happens...

Of course the next logical step for some is to start limiting gun-free zones as they are basically soft targets for folks who *checks notes* don't give a **** about what's against the law when they plan to commit mass murder.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2