Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

22 minutes ago, China said:

Not true:

The American public has been swayed.  The problem is our politicians are bought and paid for by the NRA and gun lobbies and won't enact legislation in concert with the public's wishes.  The system is broken.

They are for more gun control but it is way down on their list of priorities. The American public doesn’t care about gun violence the same way it does about abortion, immigration, taxes, ect.

It’s a lot easier to hate people than it is to hate things (eg guns vs immigrants).

People hate the shooters, sure, but they are arrested or did. People go to great lengths to separate the gun from the gunman in their minds. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They are for more gun control but it is way down on their list of priorities. The American public doesn’t care about gun violence the same way it does about abortion, immigration, taxes, ect.

I don't think it's that they don't view it as a high priority as much as the view that not much can be done until the make up of SCOTUS changes.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Excuses. The make up of SCOTUS is a direct result of people choosing chaos over civility.

It's not even an intended choice.  It's tribalism.  Not enough people vote based on issues.  Instead, they vote based on party and "feels".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, China said:

The American public has been swayed.  The problem is our politicians are bought and paid for by the NRA and gun lobbies and won't enact legislation in concert with the public's wishes.  The system is broken.

Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe, Your Honor.  Representing Mr Satan.  

Or, the problem is that, while huge numbers of Americans say they support a lot of measures?  They don't vote that way.  

Yeah, 87% of voters say they support background checks for all gun buyers.  But if Congressmen who don't pass it were losing reelection by 87-13, all the NRA money in the world wouldn't be stopping them.  

The problem is that the 87% won't change their vote because of background checks.  But the Gun Nuts have 5% of the voters who will change their vote, if Congressman Lardbutt so much as says something contrary to the NRA.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's not even an intended choice.  It's tribalism.  Not enough people vote based on issues.  Instead, they vote based on party and "feels".

You are not wrong but in the end that just makes it harder to fix, and that's her point. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You are not wrong but in the end that just makes it harder to fix, and that's her point. 

And my point is that there are very few deal breaker issues for vast majority of the voters.  It's not that gun control ranks lower than other hot button issues, but almost no single issue trumps over party affiliation or who a particular voter feels like voting for. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bearrock said:

And my point is that there are very few deal breaker issues for vast majority of the voters.  It's not that gun control ranks lower than other hot button issues, but almost no single issue trumps over party affiliation or who a particular voter feels like voting for. 

I guess. At that point its a distinction without a difference right? 

• Like 2

There’s no need to mince words at this point.  The GQP/NRA has conspired with Russia to enact gun laws that allow huge amount of firepower/ammunition to get into the hands of murderous confederates/Nazis for the express purpose for slaughtering as many Americans citizens as possible.  An act of terrorism and sedition on a daily basis to rot the country out from the inside.

And the pace is picking up of late.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A Latino covered in nazi tattoos… I feel a headache coming.

Como si no tuviéramos suficientes problemas sin involucrar a los malditos nazis. Espero que haya sentido cada balaso y haya muerto lentamente este weon de mierda.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

A Latino covered in nazi tattoos… I feel a headache coming.

Como si no tuviéramos suficientes problemas sin involucrar a los malditos nazis. Espero que haya sentido cada balaso y haya muerto lentamente este weon de mierda.

The Proud Boys leader is half black/half Cuban. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Proud Boys leader is half black/half Cuban. 

Right wing extremism is not rare or unheard of in Latin America.  There are hard right political parties and there have been right wing dictators.  Even non governmental right wing terrorist groups.  They can be anti communist, nationalist, fascist, or religious.  Even just the usual greedy grasping capitalist ghouls looking to keep the party of cheap labor with no rights going.  These groups do not need any ties to “white” anything to exist, though they display the same open hostility to any group they see as not like themselves.  As all extremists do.  

They’re usually not tattooed with swastikas and SS bolts.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

There’s no need to mince words at this point.  The GQP/NRA has conspired with Russia to enact gun laws that allow huge amount of firepower/ammunition to get into the hands of murderous confederates/Nazis for the express purpose for slaughtering as many Americans citizens as possible.  An act of terrorism and sedition on a daily basis to rot the country out from the inside.

And the pace is picking up of late.

I fully agree. Have said so. It's obvious.
I believe i said They will take us down and they wont have to fire a shot. We will do it all for them.

~Bang

I am not a squeamish person at all and I fully thought I was desensitized but seeing the picture of the family above and the being able to recognize them from the other pictures is kinda making me dizzy. Like I can see the hole in that dudes face. I should not have look at that ****

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I am not a squeamish person at all and I fully thought I was desensitized but seeing the picture of the family above and the being able to recognize them from the other pictures is kinda making me dizzy. Like I can see the hole in that dudes face. I should not have look at that ****

The idea that seeing certain things can damage you in some way is hard to accept, but it’s well known to be true.  Cops, military, and other exposed to too much of these horrors often have a hard time shaking it.  Some can also grow so desensitized and indifferent to it, that become a different kind of concerning.  Like what happened to Anderson Cooper.  

47 minutes ago, Destino said:

The idea that seeing certain things can damage you in some way is hard to accept, but it’s well known to be true.  Cops, military, and other exposed to too much of these horrors often have a hard time shaking it.  Some can also grow so desensitized and indifferent to it, that become a different kind of concerning.  Like what happened to Anderson Cooper.  

Yea, I've avoided stepping in here but glad you said this.  Please everyone,  if you don't have to see it, don't.  There are people whos job it is to see that so you dont have to.  That stuff will keep you up at night.  I still dream about cleanup from the 04 tsunami. 

Seriously......don't. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea, I've avoided stepping in here but glad you said this.  Please everyone,  if you don't have to see it, don't.  There are people whos job it is to see that so you dont have to.  That stuff will keep you up at night.  I still dream about cleanup from the 04 tsunami. 

Seriously......don't. 

Meh, I was already ****ed up anyway. 

• Sad 1