Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

9 hours ago, Long n Left said:

With zero evidence to back it up, I’m going to assert that 17 year old kids in other industrialized countries are not threatening to shoot their sisters in the head, nor threatening to shoot up a school, or other public place.

I wonder why that is???

Granted, the two of us have an identical amount of evidence. But my suspicion would be in both our country, and others, the number of kids saying that are similar. They're both a really small percentage. 

The difference between our country and the others is in how many have the ability to carry out the threat. 

12 hours ago, Larry said:

Granted, the two of us have an identical amount of evidence. But my suspicion would be in both our country, and others, the number of kids saying that are similar. They're both a really small percentage. 

The difference between our country and the others is in how many have the ability to carry out the threat. 

I would imagine that children growing up in industrialized countries which have strict restrictions on firearms, that don’t see discussions on guns, and people getting shot on news shows daily, and likely don’t even know anyone who owns a firearm, would invoke that in their teenage angst-ridden rants.

Whereas, kids growing up in the USA are exposed to all those above listed things, and may grow up in a home with guns, or certainly know friends who do. Familiarity breeds contempt.

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I would imagine that children growing up in industrialized countries which have strict restrictions on firearms, that don’t see discussions on guns, and people getting shot on news shows daily, and likely don’t even know anyone who owns a firearm, would invoke that in their teenage angst-ridden rants.

Whereas, kids growing up in the USA are exposed to all those above listed things, and may grow up in a home with guns, or certainly know friends who do. Familiarity breeds contempt.

People are exposed to guns in all industrialized countries.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Yes, on exactly the same scale they are here. 🤦‍♂️

Does it have to be in order from some weirdo to make a threat? I’d say that the weirdo is likely to seek out gun violence material. If you’re looking for something you’ll find it.

image.gif.0feaceb3f55cec3e85f772868619adb8.gif

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

12 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Does it have to be in order from some weirdo to make a threat? I’d say that the weirdo is likely to seek out gun violence material. If you’re looking for something you’ll find it.

image.gif.0feaceb3f55cec3e85f772868619adb8.gif

Huh?

…but yeah, cool graphic.

Heres mine:

IMG_1052.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple sources tell us suspect has been killed at Dollar General. Man was spotted on campus at nearby Edward Waters University putting on ballistics vest, per sources. 

There was a similar kinda situation back in the spring here at NCA&T. Guy was arrested with like a thousand rounds of ammo and multiple firearms before anything happened thankfully. HBCU are clearly being targeted by white supremacists. 

• Sad 2

Radicalized terrorists.

Acts of war that will be treated as individual matters by local police.

I am not so dumb as to believe the FBI isn't fully aware of how these things connect and trying to break the root of the radicalization is what is most problematic.

Our problems aren't hiding in shadowy cellars, making seditious pamphlets and courting lunatics in beer halls.
They're doing it right on TV, in big opulent hotel conferences, right out in the open.

They have publicly embraced Nazi ideology, and at the very least they have refused to ever condemn or even criticize these people who they absolutely KNOW are plugged in to the echo chamber. In fact they egg it on right in full view of everyone with very thinly veiled omments that we all understand.

This **** isn't the result of losers in 4-chan chats, not the result of lone wolf loons who drive themselves crazy. 

We must hope that the FBI is able to stop it where it starts, and somehow stay good with the Constitution. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Remember when our country was under attack by Islamic terrorists, who were being radicalized by terrorist leaders masquerading as religion?  And private schools?  And what the country really needed was a strong national leader?  Somebody with the guts to make their religion, and their indoctrination, illegal?  

It was 2015. Republicans were going to the polls in record numbers, to vote for Donald Trump. Because he was going to save our country from that threat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1