• 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2017 at 05:00 PM

Currently the majority was exactly as I've predicted @ 6-10.

Realistically there are 4 swing games depending on how the bass bounces (so to speak). Skins have looked dreadfully unmotivated throughout the pre-season and have too many new pieces to the puzzle to swing games their way at the start. The ceiling appears to be .500 but the floor could get them a good draft pick. 

I didn't understand the 5-11 predictions.  I saw a team with essentially 3 #1 draft picks (Allen, Doctson and Galette) to put with ILB Brown and #2 pick Anderson thought they would be better than last year.  But at this point we just can't count on Doc, Anderson is now a question mark, the DL is terrible and Allen alone won't fix that.  The run blocking remains equally terrible and I just can't go higher than 7-9.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Currently the majority was exactly as I've predicted @ 6-10.

Realistically there are 4 swing games depending on how the bass bounces (so to speak). Skins have looked dreadfully unmotivated throughout the pre-season and have too many new pieces to the puzzle to swing games their way at the start. The ceiling appears to be .500 but the floor could get them a good draft pick. 

"Dreadfully unmotivated?"

I really wish I had the psychic powers of some of you, I really do. 

I think there is a MASSIVE overreaction to this pre season. MASSIVE. Not saying that concerns or negativity is unwarranted, but my point would be that whatever you felt about the team in mid July or so, I don't think there is much reason to change those feelings as we sit on Sept. 1st. 

My feeling remains the same-- I think it's the best/most interesting roster we've had in about 25 years top to bottom. I think the ceiling is higher for this team than any Redskin team since 1991. I also think there is a chance it could bottom out. Splitting the difference and predicting 8-8 is the safest bet and will likely keep you from looking foolish one way or the other, but from a talent perspective this is the best shape we've been in in a long, long time. 

I think there is a MASSIVE overreaction to this pre season. MASSIVE. Not saying that concerns or negativity is unwarranted, but my point would be that whatever you felt about the team in mid July or so, I don't think there is much reason to change those feelings as we sit on Sept. 1st. 

My feeling remains the same-- I think it's the best/most interesting roster we've had in about 25 years top to bottom. I think the ceiling is higher for this team than any Redskin team since 1991. I also think there is a chance it could bottom out. Splitting the difference and predicting 8-8 is the safest bet and will likely keep you from looking foolish one way or the other, but from a talent perspective this is the best shape we've been in in a long, long time. 

9-7 maybe 10-6. In the mix for the division and wildcard all the way. The defense will be top 14-18 and the offense will still roll. Might be a slow start on offense for the first 2 or 3 games but it will get rolling. I won't let preseason get in the way of how I felt back in early august. This is an improved team from last season, should be a win or 2 more. 

I went 7-9 based on what looks like a tougher schedule and an offense that has looked less than the sum of its parts. If Kirk clicks with Pryor and Doctson, and if Reed and Doctson manage to stay healthy, and if Perine turns out better than Kelley then I can see us going 10-6, but that requires a lot of "ifs".

Watching last night and seeing how much yardage Sudfield racked up only to sputter and fail to get it into the EZ  was like a mini version of the 1st team offense.  But I have to say this while we seem to start slow on both sides of the ball I see sustainability on the part of the D both the 1st and 2nd team.  I do not think they are going to get torched in the secondary this year and I think they are going to be more aggressive, take some risks and it is going to pay off in the second half of each and every game. They are going to wear down the O lines of other teams as the game progresses.  In other words we are going to give up some points right away, and then tighten up in the 2nd quarter going forward.   We are going to be in a lot of games much to our surprise and the talking heads.  I am serious.

And I also suspect we will start to jell in October on the offensive side of the ball because the receivers have to get in the groove with Cousin's BUT that is going to happen.  So surprisingly the D will keep us in games.      MY ONLY concern is the what the hell is going on with the O line,  our bread and butter of consistency.  I am not sure what is going on there.  I mean I really saw every one of them, including Williams being abused at times during the preseason.  So maybe that was just a blip or keeping it vanilla.  That is the way I am going to see right now. 

Anyway for some strange reason I am more optimistic this year then last year surprisingly so I am going with 10-6.  But it is going to be a slow start almost every game.

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

always the optimist.

Its not a particularly good team, however I think that they will move the ball on offense which pretty much puts us in every game

Defense is going to suck hard.  Just as hard as LY

Looking at our first 4 games. If we come out and lose to the ****ing Eagles, then we're probably as good as the Rams and that one is a toss up.

Then to the Raiders and Chiefs? We could be 0- failures through the first month.

59 minutes ago, zoony said:

Its not a particularly good team, however I think that they will move the ball on offense which pretty much puts us in every game

Defense is going to suck hard.  Just as hard as LY

I think the defense will improve to bottom half, instead of just the bottom and the offense will level off to medium or slightly above.

3 hours ago, kleese said:

I agree that many fans do tend to overreact to preseason games we all know tell us little.  With that said what we saw this summer was just more of what we have seen for the past 2 seasons, specifically crap run blocking, no run defense, and a terrible defensive line.  So it's natural to conclude the same problems will continue this season, especially when the "upgrades" at the problem position are names like McClain and McGee. 

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

Watching last night and seeing how much yardage Sudfield racked up only to sputter and fail to get it into the EZ  was like a mini version of the 1st team offense.  But I have to say this while we seem to start slow on both sides of the ball I see sustainability on the part of the D both the 1st and 2nd team.  I do not think they are going to get torched in the secondary this year and I think they are going to be more aggressive, take some risks and it is going to pay off in the second half of each and every game. They are going to wear down the O lines of other teams as the game progresses.  In other words we are going to give up some points right away, and then tighten up in the 2nd quarter going forward.   We are going to be in a lot of games much to our surprise and the talking heads.  I am serious.

I was totally unimpressed with Nate Sudfeld and feel he is wasting a roster spot.  Most of the game I saw the safest short throws any QB this side of Sam Bradford throws.    Any QB could have amassed yardage throwing those passes.  

Looking at the predictions of John Keim and the dude from the Eagles saying we loose to them twice.  Not going to happen.  What I saw last night from players that will most likely be on the street in the next 36 hours is fire, toughness, willingness to go all out. That is because we have a different mentality in our coaching staff on D and better line coach and secondary coach.  And certainly better DC who seems to want to bring the house, kitchen sink and out door furniture on passing situations.  I also saw some solid tackling.

Why am I saying this?  Because I believe this D will not lose us 3 plus games like they did last year but win us those games.  Redskins will finish with a winning record, probably 10-6.  

Seriously John Keim.  you giving the opening game to the Eagles who we own the past few years because Gruden is 0-3 in opening games?  And we play the game in FedEx?  I expect an apology from you when we win it.

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was totally unimpressed with Nate Sudfeld and feel he is wasting a roster spot.  Most of the game I saw the safest short throws any QB this side of Sam Bradford throws.    Any QB could have amassed yardage throwing those passes.  

I actually thought Sudfeld threw a number of good balls particularly to Hazel, the one to Harris and a couple to Sprinkle.  I think Hazel could help our offense but he will probably get cut.  He threw 4 passes to Hazel 15 yard avg. - 60 total. He had 7 passes over 16 yards.  He did not turn the ball over.  I really thought he did okay frankly.  But not getting the ball in the EZ bothered me.  Thought we would on the drive Brown fumbled on.   

10-6.  

I see a much better defense.   I think Zach Brown, Jonathan Allen, DJ Swearinger all massively upgrade that unit because they replace arguably the three weakest 2016 spots with good players.  Zach is playing the Jack MLB position but that helped bumped Compton out of the Mike LB by moving Foster.  I like Compton as a back up and a clubhouse guy but there is a reason why the Redskins offered him a low tender as a restricted FA but he still got no takers.   We got no push last season out of the D line and I think Allen will be a monster especially as the season progresses.  FS has been a train wreck.  Swearinger is looking like a stud.

As for offense, I'm not as panicked as some about the slow start in the preseason.  Kirk tends to start a little slow and then catch fire.  Same thing happened the last two years.  Having said that I don't think they can survive starting 0-2 like last year -- losing to the Eagles at home and then losing to McVay on the road would put them in a hole but I also think it would be a demoralizing start.  More so than last year when they started at home but against two good teams.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So it's natural to conclude the same problems will continue this season, especially when the "upgrades" at the problem position are names like McClain and McGee. 

Come on DGF, there are more "upgrades" than the 2 M's.  Jonathan Allen will be very good.  Matt Loannidis has improved dramatically.  Throw in Joey Mbu, Anthony Lanier, and maybe A.J. Francis and it's a better deeper unit.  This is not the same line as last year AND we now have an exceptional DL coach.  We have improved at the LB position & the back end as well. That's just how I see it.  I think the DL will be better, even with out Big Phil.  Hail

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

10-6.  

I see a much better defense.   I think Zach Brown, Jonathan Allen, DJ Swearinger all massively upgrade that unit because they replace arguably the three weakest 2016 spots with good players.  Zach is playing the Jack MLB position but that helped bumped Compton out of the Mike LB by moving Foster.  I like Compton as a back up and a clubhouse guy but there is a reason why the Redskins offered him a low tender as a restricted FA but he still got no takers.   We got no push last season out of the D line and I think Allen will be a monster especially as the season progresses.  FS has been a train wreck.  Swearinger is looking like a stud.

As for offense, I'm not as panicked as some about the slow start in the preseason.  Kirk tends to start a little slow and then catch fire.  Same thing happened the last two years.  Having said that I don't think they can survive starting 0-2 like last year -- losing to the Eagles at home and then losing to McVay on the road would put them in a hole but I also think it would be a demoralizing start.  More so than last year when they started at home but against two good teams.

I agree with everything you said. I would just add on that an 0-2 start to me would mean anything better than 6-10 is a miracle. Losing even one would not be good but you could probably survive and be alive for a div title in another muddled NFCE. But 0-2? Never recover form that since to lose those two games they would have to play pretty bad football, especially to lose to the Rams. Phillips will have the D ready but they have no offense. I would look for a page out of Jimmy Johnson's book, like an on sides kick when it's their turn to KO, even it's to start the game (dredges up horrific memories). Just a thought.

Archived