• 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2017 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, beachboy757 said:

This team has too much talent to go 5-11 or 6-10.  We have went 5-11/6-10 with rosters much worse than this.

I think Gruden is a legit coach and he will have this team at least at 8-8/9-7 in a worse case scenario.

This is where I'm at, as well.

I was just really really hoping that "next step" would be taken this offseason because I felt we're close. Maybe an elite Dline away from contending (and I know those usually don't get built over night, but that was my hope). 

This preseason certainly put a damper on things, but I'm trying my best to retain that optimism. :) 

7 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I was just really really hoping that "next step" would be taken this offseason because I felt we're close. Maybe an elite Dline away from contending (and I know those usually don't get built over night, but that was my hope). 

This preseason certainly put a damper on things, but I'm trying my best to retain that optimism. :) 

Right there with ya. Seems like we're patching instead of pushing in FA and now we're good enough to be annoyingly meh.

14 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I'm going to put a damper on your optimism AND  bolster it in the same post :P 

Does this team have too much talent to go 5-11/6-10?  I don't think so.  But they might have enough talent to go 10-6!  It's very much unknown.  Let's look further:

Offense: 

QB:

Glass Half Full: Kirk set multiple records the last 2 years, he is in his 3rd year starting and 4th in this system, pre-season was pointless.  He's going to get better, and be efficient and with larger targets, the red zone stuff will get better.

Glass Half Empty:  He struggles against good defenses, the Arizona, Carolina and Giants game are more a measure of who he is, Garcon and DJax did more for him than he did for himself.  Without McVay, he's poopoo.  He's at best "The Best of the Good." 

OL: 

Glass Half Full: Stud LT, Stud RG, Really Good RT.  Some questions at Guard and Center, but more than serviceable.  Proved they can pass-block very well.  Will improve in the run game with better backs. 

Glass Half Empty:  Luavao and Long are liabilities.  They can't push the DL, open run-lanes, and this is going to led to a stalled running game, putting more pressure on Cousins and the receivers.  Moses is good, but often is standing around looking for something to do instead of attacking.

Receivers:

Glass Half Full:  Pryor is a physical beast, big dude, untapped talent.  Doctson was great in college, and is healthy now.  Crowder is a beast, and Reed is one of, if not the best TE in the league.  The team also has Davis and Paul, and can throw the ball to CT.  No issues at all.  

Glass Half Empty: Pryor has played the position for 20 minutes.  Doctson ran 3 fades last year, and has been hurt the entirety of his career.  Reed is going to miss 2-4 games because he always does.  Which means you're going to have Ryan Freaking Grant starting for you at some point.  Davis and Paul are fine, but they're complementary, and if you count on them as starters, you lose.  

RB: 

Glass Half Full: CT is awesome.  Rob Kelley is finding his groove. Perine has a lot of talent.  They will be better in the run game.

Glass Half Empty: CT is great with limited touches, but wears down and gets hurt with too much work.  Kelley is above average, but nothing more.  Perine might be starting towards the middle of the year.  Who knows.  Lots of ?????

Defense:

DL: 

Glass Half Full: Allen was the steal of the draft.  We have folks we can rotate.  We have a great DL coach.  McLain/McGee will be upgrades over the guys they had last year.

Glass Half Empty: Well, you have Allen.  And then a whole bunch of JAGs.  Can they stop the run?  Can they generate any pass rush without blitzing?  Probably not.  

ILB: 

Glass Half Full: Brown is going to be a huge upgrade.  With his athletic ability, the person playing next to him (Foster/Compton) will be better.  

Glass Half Empty: Brown is a good upgrade, but you still have physically limited players in Foster and Compton.  They will be exposed.

OLB:
Glass Half Full: Kerrigan is good.  Ryan Anderson will take a starting spot when he is healthy.  Gallette could be awesome if he returns to form.  Preston Smith is solid if not spectacular.

Glass Half Empty: You have Kerrigan, who's a try-hard guy, but not an elite talent, and after that, all ??.  You have no idea what you're going to get from anybody else.

Secondary:

Glass Half Full: Swearinger is a huge upgrade.  Norman is a top 10 player in the league.  The other pieces will benefit from them and better coaching, they'll be fine.

Glass Half Empty: Everette and Breeland, and whoever is playing nickle corner are going to be exposed for the JAGs they are, early and often, because there is no pass rush.

CONCLUSION:

Glass Half Full: The team has enough talent to go 9-7/10-6.

Glass Half Empty: The team has enough of a lack of talent to go 5-11/6-10.

You know nothing more now than you did before you started reading this post, except that's 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back.   :)

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2017 at 9:57 PM, Monk4thaHALL said:

I wanted to write 9-7, but I just can't. They're disorganized. 

7-9.

Giants 10-6

Cows 9-7

Skins 7-9

Eagles 7-9

Looks like the your order is upside down...lol 

The FO can never be organized but at least on the field we are not doing too bad at the moment though. :) 

Archived