• 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2017 at 05:00 PM

I just don't see it. We are going to start slow and have a tough schedule this year. 6-8 wins, extremely lucky, nine wins.

Tough - Seattle, Raiders, KC, Denver, at most split with the pukes and Giants, AZ is a maybe

Feel better about the Charges, Minn, Niners, NO's, Rams and at least one Philly game, but history shows we will lose to one of these teams.

Philly game, to me, is big. Need to start strong or could be another early season run of losses, and have some late season run to make it respectable. NFCE is better this year, making it hard to make the playoffs.

Cousins and talented, developed receivers carried this team to back to back winning records despite a weak running game and a poor defense.  The Skins have had one of the best passing games in the league the last two year but thus far it Pryor and Doctson look poor so the team is in trouble.  I am hoping they will find a way to 7-9, the very outer boundary of respectability.  I haven't seen any improvement in the defense or the running game thus far so even 7-9 is a stretch unless the new receivers step up big time. 

I predicted 5-11 a couple of weeks ago and I am sticking with that.  Gruden will be fired after the Season and Danny will hire the next big name.Bruce Allen will resign because the new coach will want total control and Dan will give it to him, Kirk will not be back in 2018. We will have a Top 5 to Top 7 draft pick and draft our next QB hope in the 2018 draft.

Here's my prediction from a couple of weeks ago:

Vs Eagles L -  We come out flat.  0-1.

@ Rams L - We lose this one. 0-2.

Vs Raiders L - Raiders crush us. 0-3.  Talk about Gruden's replacement begins.

@ Chiefs L - Kirk gets benched before halftime & Colt finishes the game. 0-4.  Snyder and Bruce, have a long talk with Gruden that night.  Many expect Gruden, to be fired.  It doesn't happen but changes are made during the bye.

Bye Week

Vs Niners W - Bye helps the team, as we finally win a game. 1-4.

@ Eagles W - We get revenge for the opening loss. 2-4.

Vs Cowboys L - We lose again. 2-5

@ Seahawks L - We lose again. 2-6.

Vs Minny W- We rebound & win. 3-6.

@ Saints L-  Drew Brees outplays Kirk, we lose. 3-7.

Vs NYG W - We bounce back and beat the Giants. 4-7.

@ Cowboys L - We get swept by the Cowboys. :(  4-8.

@ Chargers L- Chargers beat us easily. 4-9.

Vs Arizona L- Arizona wins this one. 4-10. Pregame talk, Gruden gets fired. Bruce and Dan and Jay have another long meeting and Jay survives.

Vs Denver W - Skins win this one. 5-10. - Snyder is seen talking with a big name coach.

@ NYG L - We lose this one. 5-11.   

Gruden fired.

Cooley and Kevin did their season predictions today. 

Summary:

Kevin thinks they will be 10-6, offense will rock and roll like it did last year, defense will be a little better.  

Cooley predicted 9-7.  Offense would come together a little more slowly, defense would be a little improved. 

They also did their NFC East picks, but as I started to type them out, I found that I couldn't remember them exactly.  But both picked a different team to win the division (I think Sheehan had Dallas winning it, and Cooley had the NYG winning it) and the 'Skins in second place.

My opinion hasn't changed.  I think that they are both looking at the season through rose colored glasses. Cooley likes the team, and Kevin is basically Cousins' biggest fan on the planet.  I think the loss of McVay, the lack of suitable replacement for either OC or QB coach, Gruden calling plays, losing 2 1000+ yard WRs and replacing them (for the moment) with essentially a physical freak who's played the position for 2 years, and Ryan Freaking Grant = offense will take a big step back.

I believe the defense will be better.  Joe Barry might be the worst defensive coordinator in the history of the sport.  At least statistically and record wise.  Manusky has at least had some success, and Tomsula is a proven DL coach.  So, the coaching should be a bit better.  The talent is probably a little bit better.  But they still lack a true pass rush, a true NT (for the 10 times a game they actually play a base 3-4), and real impact ILBs.  We'll see, Brown and Swearinger will help.  Allen, as a rookie, will probably help.  Outside of that, eh, who knows.

I don't believe that any of the Cousins or SM stuff has any impact on anything. Some callers REALLY were pounding the Cousins and SM drama as reasons the team will stink.  I just don't see either as having any effect.  

6-10.  And for whatever reason, I feel that might be generous.  I hope to God Almighty I am wrong, and just being the pessimistic grumpy old man.  And I'd love to eat some crow.  But that's what I see.  

@Voice of Reason I can't really argue anything you said  and that scares me.  My heart tells me that all the good feelings I had about this season prior to seeing them in action can still be possible, my gut tells me that what we saw is what we are most likely to get and that won't be good enough to win a mere 50% of our games. 

10-6. Two years ago we went 9-7 and won the division. Last year 8-7-1 which was a failure cause we were one game away from playoffs. I know a loss is a loss, but if you look at it last year of how close we were back to back playoffs chances was close. The Bengals tie if Hopkins makes that kick that playoffs right there. Or if our defense doesn't let Stafford drive it down with a minute left or Cousins with that int week 2 against Dallas. Losing Garcon and Jackson Hurts but as long as Doctson is healthy we will be fine at Wr. We need to run the ball effectively, with Kelly i think he had 700 yards in what 6-7 games? Defense is what hurt us the most last year, with Allen and getting Brown will make us better in stopping the run. I think our defense will be ranked around 14-17 range this year which is good enough to win the games that we couldn't last year. 

I went through the schedule again. I got 8-8.

vs. Phi-L

@ Lar-W

vs Oak-L

@ KC-L

vs SF-W

@ Phi-W

vs Dal-W

@ Sea-L

vs Min-L

@ NO-W

vs Nyg-W

@ Dal-L

@ Lac-L

vs Ari-W

vs Den-W

@ Nyg-L

No real rhyme or reason to our season. We start slow, get fans excited by winning 3 in a row, then basically play .500 ball the rest of the way.

On 8/31/2017 at 2:41 PM, samy316 said:

What do you predict the Redskins record will be after watching the preseason unfold?  I thought the Skins would go 9-7 before the preseason, and after watching them struggle, I will deduct 2 wins and now predict 7-9.  I think the offense will struggle the first couple of weeks before finding its grove.

I will say this though, they better be 2-2 or better after the first 4 games if they have playoff aspirations.  If we're 1-3 or worse, we'll be in big trouble, and Gruden will be on the hot seat.

i thought someone use have a weekly post of predicting score of game

I voted 7-9.

Tough schedule, will struggle to run the ball, can they stop the run?, Cousins and new WRs will struggle early, and they will blow a couple winnable games as usual.  But I also think they will be a team that can hang with anyone any given day.  I am definitely excited to see Pryor, Brown, Allen and Perine and how they perform.  It is a pivotal year:  If Skins do well, Skins could pony up for Cousins and be aggressive to bring back Pryor, Brown etc. to build towards a championship run.  If they stink it up, do they let everyone walk and start over?

On 9/2/2017 at 3:05 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Cousins and talented, developed receivers carried this team to back to back winning records despite a weak running game and a poor defense.  The Skins have had one of the best passing games in the league the last two year but thus far it Pryor and Doctson look poor so the team is in trouble.  I am hoping they will find a way to 7-9, the very outer boundary of respectability.  I haven't seen any improvement in the defense or the running game thus far so even 7-9 is a stretch unless the new receivers step up big time. 

I always laugh when fans call 8-7-1 a winning season especially considering how we got that "1"

Just finished up my annual early september puff piece, click bait, bull**** redskins news article marathon.  The Hogs 2.0 are going to be blocking for our QB who is getting signals from Jesus, who will throw the ball to the hardest working, most dynamic wide receiver duo in the league.  If that doesnt work he can hand the ball off to Ernest Byner 2.0

On defense we are getting lawrence taylor back and our offseason pickup of ronnie lott and drafting of warren sapp should help tremendously

I would like to thank the Washington media covering the team, and id like to ammend my earlier prediction.

15-1, with the only loss coming after we rest our starters week 17

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

6-10

Win just enough games to miss out on the best QBs in the draft. We'll be left in miserable shape after Cousins walks.

More likely they'll have a sub .500 season and just place the Restricted FA tag and let the market set the price. If they don't resign him they'll be a fire sale in DC. Probably switch to Defensive focused and look push OL over the hump for a power running game. Seems like the only logical scenarios I can think of. 

Archived