• 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2017 at 05:00 PM

What do you predict the Redskins record will be after watching the preseason unfold?  I thought the Skins would go 9-7 before the preseason, and after watching them struggle, I will deduct 2 wins and now predict 7-9.  I think the offense will struggle the first couple of weeks before finding its grove.

I will say this though, they better be 2-2 or better after the first 4 games if they have playoff aspirations.  If we're 1-3 or worse, we'll be in big trouble, and Gruden will be on the hot seat.

Going to be a longgggg season, maybe even historically bad.

I'm usually pessimistic, only because I'm tired of this team getting my hopes up and then crushing me, so pessimism is my defense mechanism.

But this one is making me overly, pessimistically pessimistic.

Won't be able to stop the run or get off the field on 3rd downs.

Won't be able to run the ball consistently.

Dumbass penalties that extend opponent drives or kill their own.

Coaching staff unable to get the team ready for games.

Cousins throwing head-scratching, game-changing picks.

Hopkins becoming more inconsistent.

Even TW has me worried.

:cheers:

Honestly I feel 8-8 is realistic, but i'm also concerned and might be over-thinking.  Yet another year where we have no true idea about how good we're actually going to be.  I feel like we have the chance to be really really good... i also can easily see a scenario that we're really really bad.  Our defense looks improved, so if we had the exact same offense as last year, with this defense, I'd put us around 10 wins... problem is we don't have last years offense intact.  The defense will keep us in some games, the offense will keep us in some games, but 8-8 feels realistic to me. 

This years defense with last years offense I'd be saying 9-7 or 10-6.  Considering the huge question mark at WR, (Stone-hands Prior and Mr. Glass 2.0 Josh Doctson) I voted 7-9.  Not keeping Garcon was a huge mistake, IMO.  Another year with Garcon and maybe Doctson learns what it means to play through pain.  Oh well.  

I said 9-7.  Picked it because I think our D will be better, but the preseason has me worried about our O. 

The key to this season is starting 2-0.  Division game at home and a weak rams team on the road.  If we are at 2-0, we can get to 9-7, if not better.

9-7.  I really don't know what we are yet as a team in all honesty.  I don't think any of us have seen the real team actually play.  9-7 is based on defensive improvements.  There might even be games (gasp) that our defense wins for us.  I think our offense will be developing as time passes.  The key is how we start. We cannot, yet again, come stumbling out of the gate. It's a very bad reoccurring theme in recent years.  Also, the more I've reflected on it this off-season, the way we finished the end of last season was not good, not good at all.  Bad start & bad finish-the story of the 2016 Redskins.  We have to change that trend or 6-10 (or worse) becomes very realistic. My prediction is because I am bullish on our defense. It is a very wobbly 9-7 forecast.  We shall see in short order.  Hail

I will do the boring predictable 8-8.  Now I will caveat that by saying I am basing that record on the fact that I am assuming the offense is going to struggle in the early part of the season and drop a couple games they could have won if they were later in the season.  It will create too big of a hole to climb out of without some kind of miraculous "5-0 or we don't go" win streak to end the season.

Now, if Week 1 comes, and the offense blows the doors off of Fed Ex I would be willing to modify my prediction.

I hope they beat the breaks off the Rams though. I'll be at that game.

I've got game by game predictions at 9-7, but probably best to have a 2 game disappointing drop off, so I picked 7-9. The O was decent last year... the D not so good. I feel this year it will be the opposite. Again, this team never seems to put both sides together to get us at least to a 10 or 11 win season. :(

Archived