• 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2017 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is a 6-10 team all day long.  Middle of the pack offensively and absolutely dreadful on defense.  Any sort of serious injury issues and 3-13 could be in play...which might be for the best really.

I selected 5-11 for the same reasons.  The only question I have now is what happens to Cousins and the coaching staff?  With Bruce Allen as the GM I'm not optimistic that I want to see him rebuild the Redskins.

Too many questions with this team. Will the new OC and Gruden be able to keep it going like the last 2 years or maybe even make the offense even better? It might actually be better if we get a running game. Will our new DC be an improvement or more of the same hot garbage?  When a couple players go down will Allen and his crew of unproven FO types be able to magically find the right FA who can step in and play right away?

I'm especially doubtful on that last one. This team could be 5-11 and it could be 11-5. I'll go with 8-8. If we lose to both McVay and Shanahan I'll be kinda pissed because those should easily be inferior teams but since they are coached by our former coaches we are supposed to lose. Just like with rookie QB's. 

I usually vote 10-6 or higher in these polls.  I'm optimistic that way, and it is the fan in me.

Now?  I can't shake the feeling that it is going to be a 3-13 dumpster fire season, so I just voted for that.  It is not about the talent, it is about the organization that influences my expectation.  Dysfunctional is the word that will best describe it.

On 9/3/2017 at 10:00 PM, dyst said:

Excuse me? What did I miss. Is he really starting?

Yes.  Because Doctson is hurt again, hasn't played in the pre-season, and so the coaches trust Grant to be the starter opposite Pryor.  

IF Doctson is healthy, he should work his way in, but everything I've seen is that Grant will start the opener.

For reference, I said earlier in the off-season that if Grant was a starter, I just wouldn't bother watching the games. I'm almost tempted to not watch the Philly game because I am so disgusted that the team allowed themselves to be fooled by "Try hard/lack of talent" guys again having big roles.  And not having a suitable backup plan to an injury prone player.

FWIW, I think the 'Skins get routed 38-14 by Philly.  I can't tell you how much I hope I'm wrong.  But that's my gut.  

On 9/4/2017 at 8:11 AM, h8dacowgirls said:

5-11 then they fire Gruden, blow it up and start over again. Same thing they've been doing forever. It would be great to be relevant again instead of the doormat of the NFC East

They just extended Gruden.  They won't fire him for another 2 years. 

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY situation that could arise where Gruden is fired is if the team goes something like 2-14 (or worse) and Big Cheese Dan decides that her's got to get rid of Allen.  And I'm not entirely sure that even 2-14 would do that.  It might take back-to-back 2-14s to get to that decision. 

But if Allen is here next year, so is Gruden.  

On 9/3/2017 at 7:25 AM, Gregpeck99 said:

I'm in the 6-10 Group.

Too many question marks ... and some we haven't seen yet.

Biggest question mark: Cousins.

I agree with you , but when you take two GREAT WR's like Garcon and Jackson and just give them away and replace them with Pryor and ... WHO? that is going to have a negative affect on timing.  Cousins is a very mechanical guy if you look at his approach to the offseason workouts.  Remember that story with him planning out the day to the minute?  Well, I think that translates into his on the field approach when it comes to progressions and timing with WR's.  Take away two extremely talented guys and replace them with Pryor who has had ONE good year and Crowder (who is very good) and they just can't replicate what Garcon and Jackson give.  Reed and Davis need to step up big time.  Then outside of Crowder and Pryor you have unprover Doctson who may never play (or have a great impact if he does).

I'm just trying to say basically it can't be all on Cousins I guess.

Given the way the part of the team that's actually on the roster today has looked during preseason, the injuries, the drama, and so on I can't help but feel like this could be a 4-6 win season.  It damn near makes me want to cry just typing that out. I just don't feel any good mojo rolling into this Philly game whatsoever.

One thing we will find out for sure this season is how good of a head coach Jay really is.  He's got a QB on a one year deal with 2 new toys, one that barely plays and the other that's barely played the position, a "new" defensive coordinator, and some drama to sort out for good measure.  If he can get this team to the 9-10 wins we expected prior to the preseason, then he's doing one hell of a job.

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One thing we will find out for sure this season is how good of a head coach Jay really is.  He's got a QB on a one year deal with 2 new toys, one that barely plays and the other that's barely played the position, a "new" defensive coordinator, and some drama to sort out for good measure.  If he can get this team to the 9-10 wins we expected prior to the preseason, then he's doing one hell of a job.

I completely agree.  

I am firmly in the camp that believes that he won't be able to do it, but would love to be proven wrong.  

I hated the OC pick of Cavanaugh.  It was almost like they just decided they weren't going to replace McVay, either with an outside OC that could do everything, or a QB coach to replace Cavanaugh.  While I don't particularly hate Gruden calling plays, the distribution of duties on the offensive coaching staff leaves nobody really in charge.  My prediction is that the offense will fail to function smoothly all year, with a lot of missed assignments and dumb errors.  Again, I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

I think they're going to be better defensively, and better coached defensively than offensively.  I like Manusky. And he's in charge.  They lack some talent there, but I like the structure more on defense than on offense.  And if you asked me if I would be saying THAT in December of last year, I would have laughed at you.  

Archived