Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He gave significant speeches on each, but yea, the media was probably covering Trump saying Yo-Semites instead. 

I agree about the media in general, but it's also a bit of a tough situation. On one hand, covering the racist/sexist/offensive/idiotic stuff that a racist/sexist/offensive/idiotic POTUS says is important because people need to know who he is and be reminded. On the other, it's also falling into the trap of following Trump around as he sets fires and giving him the attention that he craves as well as clickbait articles that pull people away from anything substantive like Biden is putting out.

I'd prefer it if they simply stopped covering Trump at all, but I think we all know that will never happen.

“. . . All Enemies, Foreign and Domestic”: An Open Letter to Gen. Milley

Dear General Milley: 

As chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, you are well aware of your duties in ordinary times: to serve as principal military advisor to the president of the United States, and to transmit the lawful orders of the president and Secretary of Defense to combatant commanders. In ordinary times, these duties are entirely consistent with your oath to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic…” 

We do not live in ordinary times. The president of the United States is actively subverting our electoral system, threatening to remain in office in defiance of our Constitution. In a few months’ time, you may have to choose between defying a lawless president or betraying your Constitutional oath. We write to assist you in thinking clearly about that choice. If Donald Trump refuses to leave office at the expiration of his constitutional term, the United States military must remove him by force, and you must give that order. 

The fate of our Republic may well depend upon your adherence to this oath. 

Respectfully yours,

John Nagl and Paul Yingling

-John Nagl, a retired Army officer and veteran of both Iraq wars, is Head of School at The Haverford School outside Philadelphia.

-Paul Yingling, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, served three tours in Iraq, another in Bosnia, and a fifth in Operation Desert Storm.

Click on the link for the full letter

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I agree about the media in general, but it's also a bit of a tough situation. On one hand, covering the racist/sexist/offensive/idiotic stuff that a racist/sexist/offensive/idiotic POTUS says is important because people need to know who he is and be reminded. On the other, it's also falling into the trap of following Trump around as he sets fires and giving him the attention that he craves as well as clickbait articles that pull people away from anything substantive like Biden is putting out.

I'd prefer it if they simply stopped covering Trump at all, but I think we all know that will never happen.

totally agree. I also wish people would stop addressing his stupid comments when asked. For example I am hoping that Kamala ignores trumps nasty and other stupid statements about her. Just say "I have better things to do than respond to mindless ramblings. Let's discuss_____"  And go into a policy or something important. 

People keep playing his game. They need to stop it and he will not be as effective in his rhetoric. 

I love that they are trying to portray her as far left.  LOL  That will blow up on them. 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

totally agree. I also wish people would stop addressing his stupid comments when asked. For example I am hoping that Kamala ignores trumps nasty and other stupid statements about her. Just say "I have better things to do than respond to mindless ramblings. Let's discuss_____"  And go into a policy or something important. 

People keep playing his game. They need to stop it and he will not be as effective in his rhetoric. 

I love that they are trying to portray her as far left.  LOL  That will blow up on them. 

Agreed, but unfortunately when you have corporate media that has an end goal of making money as opposed to making sure people are informed, then something like this is almost inevitable. 

As far as Harris and how they're portraying her...they're completely unintelligible; I found more things that make sense in my cat's litter box this morning. They say she's far left, but then...say she's a cop and ding her for being a prosecutor who gave harsh sentences to minorities. 

Like....wut?

414v6pu1odL._AC_SX425_.jpg

If Trump keeps up this "Suburban Housewife - Low Income housing" stuff,  then I would advise Biden and Harris to turn it around on him and say something along the lines of:

"Not only is Trump going back to his racist dog whistling but he is also accusing suburban housewives of being racist themselves, suggesting they would not want "lower income housing" in their neighborhoods." 

Trump despises the people he claims he wants to help, he always has. He is a classism/status guy above everything else. He 100% is banking on turning Americans against each other to create fear & anger, and then claim he will keep them safe.  Classic tactic.  Create boogeyman then tell everyone he will defeat said boogeyman. 

I don't see anyone voting for Kanye, but I think if anything Kushner will probably advise Kanye to go after her record as a prosecutor in hopes of maybe making people stay home and not vote at all.

Also, I thought conservatives hated identity politics. Have them been making any noise about the "suburban housewife" tweets?

This is what the GOP, led by Donald Trump, is running on in 2020:

If Joe Biden wins, no city, town or suburb in our country will be safe.  The suburban way of life will be obliterated.  If you call 911, you will be put on hold and then be told to leave a message.  God and the Bible will be hurt. No religion. No anything. Biden is against energy. No American will be able to own a gun. Taxes will be doubled and tripled. The markets will crash.  China will own the United States and Americans will have to learn Chinese.  

It's true. The President said so.

~~~

The GOP and Donald Trump are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

30 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

If Joe Biden wins, no city, town or suburb in our country will be safe.  The suburban way of life will be obliterated.  If you call 911, you will be put on hold and then be told to leave a message.  God and the Bible will be hurt. No religion. No anything. Biden is against energy. No American will be able to own a gun. Taxes will be doubled and tripled. The markets will crash.  China will own the United States and Americans will have to learn Chinese.  

~~~

China actually already owns the U.S.

39 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

~~~

Sounds like the worst campaign strategy ever............until you witness a CNN panel of "Suburban white moms" eat it up. 

What about enforced gay marriage and mandatory abortions.

And mushroom clouds over US cities. And death panels for the elderly.

I was promised all these things several times.

59 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Will Trump want to debate Kayne?

Let’s have a rap battle.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Dems should at least get to a 50-50 tie. They will lose Alabama; so they need to win 4 seats. Arizona and Colorado seem to be locks.

I think the Dems should be able 2 more. If Biden wins states that are currently GOP, he should have coattails.

If Biden wins GOP states, will it be people voting against the GOP?  Or just against Trump?

Archived